I want one!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2001, 02:06 PM
Jamie Whitfield
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Although it loathes me to say it but...

Isn't the Evo 7 the car the Impreza 2001 should of been?

It looks like an imp, it goes like one should and it's cheaper than the WRX STi import.

I'm sorry but Subaru seem to have lost the plot a little, even the STi when it comes to the Uk is going to have 20BHP docked off it!

Its a shame but I think Mitsu have finally won the war, on everything from looks to driver appeal to performance, even the ride is almost ther now.

Some of you will know that I am a big Scoob fan, but I think I might have been turned by the EVO!

When I get my rise I think I know what'll be on my shopping list!

Come on Subaru bring out a WRC replica with 300bhp then you'll of done it!
Old 08 March 2001, 02:15 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Personally, I think the EVO VI is nasty as well - just not as nasty as the new Scoob.

No idea what I'm gonna get next time as it won't be a Scoob or an EVO. Maybe it's time to buy a 355

Matt.
Old 08 March 2001, 02:29 PM
Orville
Scooby Regular

A lot of Scoob owners switched to EVO VI's in the past. I agree a lot more will switch to EVO VII'S in the future. The only advantages the Scoob now has are sound and a softer ride (if you like that sort of thing). While the new Scoob has got uglier, the Evo has improved in looks.
Old 08 March 2001, 02:36 PM
Jamie Whitfield
Scooby Regular

You are right the sound is out of this world, and the ride is good too, the front end should look like the original artist impressions though, but Subaru are a funny bunch anyway!

If only we could have the perfect balance, life is so unfair!
Old 08 March 2001, 02:38 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Cool

Did anyone read the one of the latest Auto Express magazines. They did a review of the Evo VII vs the Scooby WRX Sti and the Scoob won because it was much more driveable as an everyday car (you can forget it with the EVO VII, they reckoned town driving was a nightmare). The other comment they made was the the EVO's gearbox is antique and not really up to the job anymore whereas the STi's new 6 speed job was really spot on.
Old 08 March 2001, 03:04 PM
PaulMc
Scooby Regular

Evo magazine this month also rated the new STi over the Evo VII
Old 08 March 2001, 03:22 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by PaulMc:
<B>Evo magazine this month also rated the new STi over the Evo VII [/quote]

I must have missed that one, I don't remember any direct comparitive tests?

Regardless, both cars are intended for a much wider market audience. The company car fleet buyers for one. If you make the car look and act too lairy, then you are gonna miss out on those sales. Also, the Evo VI, although one of the finest point to point cars on the planet, is also one of the most uncompromising. A 2 hour drive down the motorway will give you a throbber of a headache. Many people didn't buy the Evo VI because it was <I>too</I> raw. This is where the current generation is trying to capitalise, in my opinion.

Its for these reasons these cars have been played down. Make it soft so the comnpany car rep can go to his client in it.

Cem (probably sticking to my car for now)

Trending Topics

Old 08 March 2001, 05:30 PM
Des
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Just to throw the proverbial cat in with the
pigeons - Autocar rated the EVO 7 above the
WRX STI in this weeks writeup. The car they
drove was supplied by Warrenders for £27500
(the EVO, that is). Ho Hum..... decisions,
decisions.
Old 08 March 2001, 05:43 PM
Gary Foster
Scooby Regular

Angry

These bloody car reviews really wind me up. (Well people spouting them on here anyway).

These reviews are just 1 persons view on a particular model - how does he know whether you'll find the car too soft, uncompromising, handles badly etc ? It's a judgement call and completely pointless way of rating two cars against each other.

It doesn't mean one is better at all, purely that that motor hack - who drove the car for all of a few hours - prefered one car over another.

Please don't take offense but for some reason I am getting annoyed by the number of 'XXX mag says XXX car is better than XXX car !!' threads that keep popping up.

[Ps It's obviously my time of the month I appear to be getting very wound up unimportant little things ]

[This message has been edited by Gary Foster (edited 08 March 2001).]
Old 08 March 2001, 05:57 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Gary,
I couldnt agree more!
Goddamn Autocar magazine hasn't even had the cars both together, let alone conducted an unbiased review.....Autocar suck, end of story! They couldnt write a story about Humpty Dumpty.

Cem
Old 08 March 2001, 08:53 PM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Cool

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Blow Dog:
<B>Gary, I couldnt agree more!
Goddamn Autocar magazine hasn't even had the cars both together, let alone conducted an unbiased review.....Autocar suck, end of story! They couldnt write a story about Humpty Dumpty.Cem [/quote]

I, on the other hand, can:

Once upon a time there was a Dumpty called Humpty. He sat on a wall every day despite the warnings from all the King's men. One day he fell off and broke into many pieces. Despite lots of reconstructive surgery by the top horse surgeons in the land, he never was quite the swame again.

The End

Old 09 March 2001, 07:39 AM
Lafora
Scooby Newbie

The new scoob's look is finally growing in me.
I just can't believe they did that to the EVO over at Mitsu tho.

V and VI looked real mean.. VII looks very tame in comparison. No more bulging fenders and big **** foglights.

Something doesn't sit right for me, when i look at that car.
Old 09 March 2001, 08:17 AM
Gary Foster
Scooby Regular

Cool

I'm sure if you pop into Halfords you can buy some plastic bits to stick on it, if thats your thing.