Sponsored by:

Speeding past Police station

Search this Thread

Old 28 June 2010, 02:54 PM
mikepaul
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Speeding past Police station

Just read this in an old copy of Fast Ford and made we laugh, two of the best places to speed without being caught and guess what there is a police station on the same road ; bet the cops looked red faced when this was published!

1)Rushy way, Lower Early, Reading, 30mph limit and most drivers clocked driving at 45+ on route to ASDA.

2) Mere Way, Northampton, 40MPH limit and clocked a number of cars at 70mph on route to Tesco.

These were estimates and not a police speed van in sight, both locations were also close to schools.

I'm sure no one on this site speeds so recklessly.
Old 28 June 2010, 03:00 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mikepaul
Just read this in an old copy of Fast Ford and made we laugh, two of the best places to speed without being caught and guess what there is a police station on the same road ; bet the cops looked red faced when this was published!

1)Rushy way, Lower Early, Reading, 30mph limit and most drivers clocked driving at 45+ on route to ASDA.

2) Mere Way, Northampton, 40MPH limit and clocked a number of cars at 70mph on route to Tesco.

These were estimates and not a police speed van in sight, both locations were also close to schools.

I'm sure no one on this site speeds so recklessly.
I live about 1.5 miles from Mereway cop shop andI drive past the mere way one at least once a day - only times i have ever seen the mobile vans is during school holidays or at weekends, never, ever during term time!

70 along mereway is madness, the limit is 40 and rerely will you find a car doing more that 50 or maybe 60 pushing it, past the Tescos roundabout (towards camphill) it opens up to the national speed limit and 70+ is the norm and conversely the other way is dual carriageway or striahg into the villages.
Old 28 June 2010, 07:29 PM
scarey
Scooby Regular

I know Rushey Way live only a couple of miles away.

95% of drivers on it do the speed limit, they dont need camera vans as it's a local hub for thames valley traffic police and they are in and out all the time, including in unmarked cars.