Sponsored by:

Dodgy spare parts where do I stand?

Search this Thread

Old 25 June 2010, 06:19 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Dodgy spare parts where do I stand?

I bought a downpipe for my impreza a few weeks ago I was assured it was in perfect working order, however once it was on the car it was apparent it was blowing and failing the emissions tests ( I saw the readings). My missus took it back to get a refund and the guy basically told her where to go, and said that because the garage had cut one of the wires from the egt it was worthless and he would not take it back.
After I rang him the guy offered me 50% back as a good will gesture , at which point I asked the missus to bring the downpipe home.
However she accepted the payment So where exactly do I stand on this matter? I am currently 50 quid out of pocket but I guess if I cash the cheque My missus was given I will have no comeback whatsoever?
Old 25 June 2010, 07:23 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The guy who sold you the downpipe could suggest that there was a valid contract in that there was an offer (to return the damaged downpipe), acceptance, (your wife handed it over) and consideration....... tricky.

You could get out of this if the downpipe was yours and then your wife did not have legal title so was not empowered to hand it over.

Why did the garage chop the wire?

Shaun