ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Polishes

Search this Thread

Old 31 March 2002, 05:58 PM
Fiasco
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

I'm after some polishes. Firstly I'm after a coloured one, in order to cover up all the minor scratches etc on the body work - Tee Cut being no good because of it being abbrasive.. Secondly I want a strong protective polish/wax in the hope of keeping any new ones away. Some one suggested to me 'Armorfend'? Is it possible (or even a good idea) to apply the coloured polish and then the Armorfend? Or will this give undesirable effects? Any suggestions on this, recomendations on other polishes or other techiques would be very, very much apprecheated. Thanks. PS, does any one know any one who got tickets to Tea in the Part? Cheers again.
Old 31 March 2002, 06:27 PM
fdpxfunix
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Mr Fiasco

I've been a 'MER' man (no pun intended) for years. I've always been happy with the shine after a good buffing up, but on the DMB Scoob I now own ... I'm not.

MER seems to leave too many swirl marks, so I've tried something else ... Auto Glym Super Resin Polish.

This stuff is a bit more work to put on, but well easy to get off. Fantasic shine after just one coat and no swirl marks :-) (Spent the whole of good Friday doing the Scoob)

The Auto Glym range also has this 'Protection' stuff that you apply after the Resin polish. Not done this yet, but will give it a go.

I've also starting using proper polishing cloths (from Auto Glym) as the bar mats I've been using, have seen better days.

The key I've found to any good shine .... get the car washed properly (e.g. a vallet company) before doing any polishing.

I've used T-Cut on odd bits of the Scoob, but I'm a bit scared to do the whole car ;-)

Hope this helps.

J.
Old 31 March 2002, 08:20 PM
Fiasco
Scooby Regular

Loads, thanks a lot buddy.
Old 31 March 2002, 09:46 PM
rotdot
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I have used the Extra gloss protecter from autoglym and its the nuts!!!!!
leaves a very slippery finish for a couple of weeks.
Use it sparingly as it does'nt haze untill it dryed, apply in stokes not swirls (as told to do so by my autogym rep)
good luck .
Old 31 March 2002, 10:04 PM
gossythevaleter
Scooby Regular

If you use the right products you can remove all the scratches etc t-cut is designed to remove minor scratches like those caused by keys and bushes. You could always speak to the scoobynet valeter who has his own valeting company and does not charge the earth as i give discount to scooby netters
cheers Jonathan WWW.tmvs.net new website working progress
Old 31 March 2002, 11:58 PM
tweenierob
Scooby Regular

great plug for your co. lol, may have to seek your services soon, got some scratches that might be removable or hideable??
Rob
Old 01 April 2002, 11:33 AM
Fiasco
Scooby Regular

Wink

Thanks alot lads. Still after coloured polishes, mat polishes for exteria plastics (one that won't run?) and protective wax's/polishes????