bought an STI IV

Search this Thread

Old 15 June 2010, 09:56 AM
n8i
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bought an STI IV

hi mates,

bought a maybe well-known STI in Rotherham, Yorkshire and took it to the South of Germany, where I am from. Currently I'm studying machine engineering in Dresden (in the East of Germany), from where I started.
The flight went over Cologne (in the Mid-West of Germany) to London-Stansted, from there on by train around 4 hours Northwards. That were 14 hours of travelling oO but it was worth all efforts made!
Elv and a friend fetched me from the main station in Doncaster and we drank beer until 4 o'clock at morning
They were also amused about the fact NOBODY has known about my trip to England
The next day we got a tax disc and what shall I say, Rotherham is a nice place and the people there are great. Driving lesson was also cool, too. After 3 turns in an industrial area I found out that driving a RHD vehicle is as easy as a LHD - I've never been driving one before...
In the Evening we started to drive Southwards to Dover, where we arrived at midnight, the ferry left at 1.05 and now I was on my own. Don't know how much time I spent on the ferry, just enjoyed the talk with a Scotish women and when we got in, we had to leave. Luckily she put a card through my window...
Driving down the ferry it was around 2:30 am and I decided not to sleep, just to drive through France, where I had real difficulties finding a fuel station offering 98 Octane... at 12 o'clock I was in Paris and the airport is a real catastrophe, finding out there took me a lot of time and nerves
I had French for around 6 years, but I wasn't able anymore to speak French, luckily I met an asian speaking English later on I asked 3 or more people in French.... embarrassing :X
On the further way I made a long way round to my Subaru mate Roman in Dortmund, we know each other from a German Subaru Forum ( www.subi-evo-treff.com ) and it was the first time I visited him. He urged me to clean my car together and make pics of our cars. Later we were on a japanese car meeting - spontanous, but there were lots of Hondas, Toyotas, there were even some street races til the police arrived... with 4 cars xD filming and documenting everything...
As fast as they appeared, they dissappeared
On the way home nothing spectacular happened... stop, I was pulled over by the police near Karlsruhe, after half an hour or even more studying the paperwork they let me go (maybe they didn't understand anything?!?)
Arriving at home I drove through my village, parked the car and walked 200 metres to our house, carefully looking into the garage and walking into the house... my mother just asked me "what you're doin here?" "I have to tell you sth." "Me too" -> she has bought a RHD Audi and hasn't gone mad when I told her I bought a Subaru... in England... just 800 miles away xD
Garaged her and got back to Dresden studying...

here a bunch of pics in England:

other ones shot by a mate from Dortmund:

hope you like'em

short stop on the way to the ferry:

yet another short stop

in Dover in front of the ferry

helped the man with the Land Rover (orange) near the sti changing his head bulb, 2 of the bus drivers also appeared and the man said "he changed my head bulb in 2 seconds"

no it's no

now I've garaged the car and covered it to protect it against dust and other things

regards
Nico
Old 15 June 2010, 10:33 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Very nice and seems you had a fun journey.
Old 15 June 2010, 11:31 AM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

great story, hope you have fun with your new car.

Are you going to re-reg it onto German plates?
Old 15 June 2010, 12:04 PM
rickya
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well worth the effort making the trip & one that you'l remember in years to come

Goodluck with the Scooby
Old 15 June 2010, 12:18 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

Great to here from a true Scooby enthusiast willing to go to any lengths to get what they want.Hope your story inspires some of the others on this site.

I only hope we don't meet in the next round of the World Cup or this could be a very short friendship.8-)
Old 15 June 2010, 12:31 PM
Marx Mcrae
Scooby Regular

Hey up again mate.

Im sure i've seen those pictures somewhere else
Old 15 June 2010, 04:15 PM
n8i
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby L
Are you going to re-reg it onto German plates?
yes mate, I'll have to pass some serious tests, hope it's below 1000 quids, but don't know it exactly. It's very expensive, because STI weren't sold in Germany so the people of the TÜV (= MOT) get ill when they see that kind of vehicle.
At the moment the car is 300 miles away and after the exams I'll get german plates.

The travel was one day more then the other pure fun
I'll never forget that!!! Also the nice Scotish women on the ferry

Hope I can be in GB soon :P liked the people and the language.
Would never hesitate to go with anybody to GB to buy a car for him/her
Would also post some parts (e.g. engine, gearbox...) in German boards for u, payment in those days isn't really the problem (-> Paypal, but the German version of it doesn't offer the gift-option, also currency convertions cost money), shipping is also possible via www.??????-transport.co.uk, also ordered many things for my wrx wagon (crashed by a mate... )

cheers
Nico
Old 15 June 2010, 06:44 PM
JonnyA
Scooby Regular

Well done for having the guts to do it! I hope you enjoy her.
Old 15 June 2010, 10:18 PM
stann01
Scooby Regular

im sure i saw this car not far away from me in dilton marsh (wiltshire) was the guy you bought it off a dealer? i remember the cusco graphics
lovely car mate
Old 16 June 2010, 12:52 PM
n8i
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stann01
im sure i saw this car not far away from me in dilton marsh (wiltshire) was the guy you bought it off a dealer? i remember the cusco graphics
lovely car mate
hi

wasn't a dealer, was a private seller, he also showed me some cusco-STIs on the bay, but none of them looked as lovely as this wunderful example^^

cheers