Sponsored by:

PLEASE HELP, MY BROTHERS WRX GOT NICKED LAST NIGHT :(

Search this Thread

Old 12 June 2010, 05:14 PM
esi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP, MY BROTHERS WRX GOT NICKED LAST NIGHT :(

Hi all, had a phone call this morning from my brother , i could not believe what he was saying, his WRX got niked front of his house and he only realised in the morning when he was going to work

Car was niked from Selly oak area in Birmingham, just near Bristol Road

PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS SEEN THIS CAR AROUND LET ME KNOW

AND PLEASE KEEP AN EYE AND YOU MIGHT SEE IT

he is gutted as we had planned to go to JapShow next months

Please contact us on : 07540305584

CAR IS FOUND NOW

Last edited by esi; 16 June 2010 at 03:17 PM.
Old 12 June 2010, 06:13 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

how was it nicked with the keys or did they hot wire it??
Old 12 June 2010, 06:25 PM
esi
Scooby Regular

hot wire mate, we believe they smashed the window too, he had his shop's keys in the car too, just paid £200 for someone to come and make keys for his shutters
Old 12 June 2010, 06:49 PM
dj219957
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gutted for him, did he have an cat 1 alarm/immob?
Old 12 June 2010, 06:55 PM
esi
Scooby Regular

no alarm as it was a fresh import, he was going to put an alarm next week
Old 12 June 2010, 07:49 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

when i bought my wifes wrx import it didnt have a alarm fitted either,the guy that sold it to me said car theft in japan is zero,i said not in the uk the next day i got a cat 1 alarm installed i think i was luckey.it seems like people have been clocking your routine.sorry about your loss will keep my eyes open and pass the information on to my friends.
Old 12 June 2010, 08:46 PM
midnight
Scooby Regular

As above when i picked up my legacy twin turbo,and found no alarm or immobiliser fitted ,i booked it in the following day,and stopped at the nearest halfords to pick up a £70.00 steering wheel lock(even then i was still paranoid about leaving the car) - which i still use to this day on my current impreza with a cat 1.
Really gutted for your brother mate,but everyone knows these are still no1 target if your a car thief as you can guarantee to sell the bits if you decide to strip it ,or you have a pretty fast getaway car if you want to use it for other crime.

I am down the road in coventry and me & my staff in leamington warwick,kenilworth literally look at 100's of cars everyday. I have taken your reg and will pass it on to them in the morning . I am hoping your brother had it insured,as most companies wont touch one of these without a cat1
Old 12 June 2010, 08:57 PM
esi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by midnight
As above when i picked up my legacy twin turbo,and found no alarm or immobiliser fitted ,i booked it in the following day,and stopped at the nearest halfords to pick up a £70.00 steering wheel lock(even then i was still paranoid about leaving the car) - which i still use to this day on my current impreza with a cat 1.
Really gutted for your brother mate,but everyone knows these are still no1 target if your a car thief as you can guarantee to sell the bits if you decide to strip it ,or you have a pretty fast getaway car if you want to use it for other crime.

I am down the road in coventry and me & my staff in leamington warwick,kenilworth literally look at 100's of cars everyday. I have taken your reg and will pass it on to them in the morning . I am hoping your brother had it insured,as most companies wont touch one of these without a cat1
Thanks very much mate, really appreciate that, yes the car was fully insured so at the end of the day he will get his money but it will effect his no claim bonus obviously, but he loved that car and it was a mint car so we are really trying to find it .

but as said please guys take the reg number or memorise the picture and you might see it around, even on an advert for breaking parts
Old 12 June 2010, 10:38 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Im guessing that someone knew that it wasnt protected.
Old 12 June 2010, 10:48 PM
esi
Scooby Regular

yes defenitly, i did ask my brother if anyone has been following him recenlty, obviously he did not notice

my Evo3 got stolen from my driveway 4 years ago, and i was followed on some occasions, so they did want to see if i am using an alarm or steering lock which i wasnt, believe it or not i found my car after a month parked in front of a house, was in good nik, and then put a clifford alarm on it when it was found,

but its always better to have the security before you regret .

now i drive the same car as my brothers but in white, i got immoboliser, and i use a disklok steering lock and a lock which locks the handbrake into the gear leaver, i do sometimes diconnect the battry or disconnect the HT leads

might fit a kill switch now after what has happened
Old 12 June 2010, 11:13 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Lots of thefts in and around Birmingham at the moment
Old 12 June 2010, 11:28 PM
imprezajon
Scooby Regular

i live in bournville so will keep my eyes open.
as previously mentioned there seems to be alot of thefts or attempted thefts in and aroung birmingham at the moment.
Old 13 June 2010, 12:13 AM
esi
Scooby Regular

yes Birmingham is one of the worst cities with alot of high performance car thefts, evos, Subarus. Its a disaster, i know some of them and i know where they live, drove down to their roads today to see if they might have the car but wasnt there

So guys watch out and have good security
Old 13 June 2010, 08:12 AM
sy.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by esi
yes Birmingham is one of the worst cities with alot of high performance car thefts, evos, Subarus. Its a disaster, i know some of them and i know where they live, drove down to their roads today to see if they might have the car but wasnt there

So guys watch out and have good security
Good and bad everywere IMO and criminals will travel too!!! It has been made aware of in the west mids impreza's section so we will keep an eye out for it or its parts going up for sale!!!
Old 13 June 2010, 02:49 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by esi
yes defenitly, i did ask my brother if anyone has been following him recenlty, obviously he did not notice

my Evo3 got stolen from my driveway 4 years ago, and i was followed on some occasions, so they did want to see if i am using an alarm or steering lock which i wasnt, believe it or not i found my car after a month parked in front of a house, was in good nik, and then put a clifford alarm on it when it was found,

but its always better to have the security before you regret .

now i drive the same car as my brothers but in white, i got immoboliser, and i use a disklok steering lock and a lock which locks the handbrake into the gear leaver, i do sometimes diconnect the battry or disconnect the HT leads

might fit a kill switch now after what has happened
Id opt for a Dipol if I were you. With this fitted theyll probably need a lift transporter.

With regards to being followed - perhaps; but Id expect someone to have told someone ending up with someone trying their luck with a screwdriver and a slide hammer.
Old 13 June 2010, 05:15 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why didnt he get a disklok? fairly cheap and a good deterrent, good for all cars and not just scoobs

Tony
Old 13 June 2010, 06:28 PM
esi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Why didnt he get a disklok? fairly cheap and a good deterrent, good for all cars and not just scoobs

Tony
yes disklok is quite good, i got one for my wrx , i dont trust immoboliser alone

i did tell him to get an alarm or a good steering luck, but he was abit late
Old 13 June 2010, 08:24 PM
shawn r
Scooby Regular

been there and had it done to me not too long ago, really feel for him.eyes peeled.
Old 13 June 2010, 11:29 PM
esi
Scooby Regular

My brother just phoned me and i could not believe what he said, THE CAR IS FOUND, YESSSS ITS been FOUND hurray: , and the caris in good nik, nothing wrong with the car, just need a new ignition which i already got one for him ,
basically the police said it was parked on a side road and 2 guys were trying to burn it because they ran out of petrol, so they arrested them there and then and took the car away for finger prints

Thank you all for the feeling

Sam
Old 13 June 2010, 11:33 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Absolutely fantastic result for your brother I hope the thieves get more than a slap on the wrists and your brother gets it sorted out. Your brother has been lucky very lucky on this occasion.
Old 13 June 2010, 11:37 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by esi
My brother just phoned me and i could not believe what he said, THE CAR IS FOUND, YESSSS ITS been FOUND hurray: , and the caris in good nik, nothing wrong with the car, just need a new ignition which i already got one for him ,
basically the police said it was parked on a side road and 2 guys were trying to burn it because they ran out of petrol, so they arrested them there and then and took the car away for finger prints

Thank you all for the feeling

Sam
Great news!!

Now get a class 1 alarm and a tracker!!
Old 14 June 2010, 03:01 PM
scixer6r
Scooby Regular

Glad you got it back with minimal damage,now get that security fitted.
Old 14 June 2010, 03:11 PM
stibex
Scooby Regular

glad he got it back very lucky alarm i think
Old 14 June 2010, 03:18 PM
rookymatt
Scooby Regular

Excellent news!
Now take it home, fit a top spec alarm, and build a gun turret in front of your house for the next theiving ****** that tries to nick it!
Old 14 June 2010, 03:26 PM
Tenby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
Lots of thefts in and around Birmingham at the moment
wen isnt there in bham ? lmao
Old 14 June 2010, 04:14 PM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by esi
Great news..

Originally Posted by esi
Burn it because they ran out of petrol!! These people should be burnt alive. No trial, no jury.... utter scum.
Old 14 June 2010, 04:49 PM
BIG FUD
Scooby Regular

Alarm, ,tracker,gates, cctv, all of this does nothing apart from make them enter your'e house armed to the teeth.

Trust me i had all of the above and while i was in bed 5 men tried kicking my door in to take my beast,2 weeks later it was gone cctv useless they wore hoodies all in black alrm and tracker was found on back seat so like i have said many many times before if they want it they will take it simple.

Sorry state of times we live in now.Most of the time its car forums and other people talking about what you have and whats under the bonnet.
Old 14 June 2010, 05:25 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

tell your brother to get the car belled up straight away i.e cat1 alarm and immobilizer(recommend clifford alarms) and get a good physical steering lock thatcham approved regardless what people think about how good alarms are or are not,a theif wants his life easy so the more difficult you make it for him to take your pride and joy the more chance he will just walk away and find a car that does not have any security.
Old 14 June 2010, 06:17 PM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Great result mate ,and a real lucky escape,just think if he had had a full tank of fuel ,he might not have got it back. I am sure after his scare your brother will probably get a cat 1 fitted tomorrow,and as said above A good steering lock will take a proffesional thief a fair bit of time to remove ,which they dont really like,they want quick and easy.
Regarding thefts around brum ,not much changed after the AGP all got locked away,while its a big city car crime will always exist imho.
Old 14 June 2010, 07:09 PM
Gary Tractor boy
Scooby Regular

Time for

Disclock / Cat 1 Alarm / Tracker

in case they come back for more

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP, MY BROTHERS WRX GOT NICKED LAST NIGHT :(