Sponsored by:

Fuel, brakes and decals..

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2010, 09:24 PM
WRX-John
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel, brakes and decals..

After posting a few newbi questions last week i took your advice on the fuel and today i filled up with tesco 99, the car runs totally different.

Its running 280bhp with a few mods and a remap but the differance is quite scary, on 95 unleaded it seemed to very slightly judder when building boost up slowly, however when i opened up the taps in ran fine. Since putting 99 in it this morning and doing 80 miles the car is so much more responsive and smoother through gears when driving steady, is this normal when the cars mapped for 99 ? ( i know it sounds strange but its been on my mind all afternoon, lol)

After two days working on it i also changed the rear discs and pads and did a complete brake fluid change and bingo i now have brakes, the old fluid looked like someone had pissed in it after 3 gallon of scrumpy jack..

Decals, the subaru rally team ones that nearly cover the cars in an over sized emblem and the word subaru, i have a green impreza with nice gold alloys but the decals just seemed to cover the car so i have removed them, people no its a scooby without ramming it down there neck plus i felt like a boy racer with them on. Whats your opinions on them ? i suspect there like marmite amongst the subaru fans
Old 25 May 2010, 09:50 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Bang on. I like the look of them, but wouldn't do it to mine
Old 25 May 2010, 11:49 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont even like the look of them, been done too many times now with bad copies, even good copies look naff nowadays.