Sponsored by:

dans new bike

Search this Thread

Old 21 May 2010, 05:16 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default dans new bike

[IMG]dans letter[/IMG] hope this works dans letter scanned . the bike turned up on thursday (big thank you to www.subaruspares.co.uk) for sending it direct from subaru saving a days delivery. MASSIVE THANKS to everyone on here that contributed to dans new bike , you should of seen his face when he came home from school trip almost to rub my nose in it about a hour after the new bike arrived 3 men knocked on my front door and said to the wife , have you had a bike stolen ? to which the wife replied yes why . they replied we think we have your sons bike and produced it from the back of a transit van and said is this it . wife replied omg yes where did you find it , the bloke replied behind b@q on the cycle track walking my dogs . several people of the criminal fraternity had put the word about that the bike was to be returned . the people who returned it phoned plod on saturday when they found it , only to be told keep hold of it we will be in touch , plod have not contacted them or me to date . so it just proves words in the right ears can work i am now stuck in the position of him having 2 bikes with one having the tyres slashed , if you all dont mind i am going to replace the tyres and give dans old bike to ryan as his is to small for him allready , photos of dan below if they work .. once again THANK YOU all from all of us [IMG]dans new bike[/IMG]
Old 21 May 2010, 05:20 PM
SkydiveMacca
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great news

In between the img tags, you need to put the full url of where the image is hosted. If you haven't hosted it yet, stick it on Photobucket
Old 21 May 2010, 05:20 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by madscoob
[IMG]dans letter[/IMG] hope this works dans letter scanned . the bike turned up on thursday (big thank you to www.subaruspares.co.uk) for sending it direct from subaru saving a days delivery. MASSIVE THANKS to everyone on here that contributed to dans new bike , you should of seen his face when he came home from school trip almost to rub my nose in it about a hour after the new bike arrived 3 men knocked on my front door and said to the wife , have you had a bike stolen ? to which the wife replied yes why . they replied we think we have your sons bike and produced it from the back of a transit van and said is this it . wife replied omg yes where did you find it , the bloke replied behind b@q on the cycle track walking my dogs . several people of the criminal fraternity had put the word about that the bike was to be returned . the people who returned it phoned plod on saturday when they found it , only to be told keep hold of it we will be in touch , plod have not contacted them or me to date . so it just proves words in the right ears can work i am now stuck in the position of him having 2 bikes with one having the tyres slashed , if you all dont mind i am going to replace the tyres and give dans old bike to ryan as his is to small for him allready , photos of dan below if they work .. once again THANK YOU all from all of us [IMG]dans new bike[/IMG]
bugger letter and photos didnt work could someone please advise (in plain english how to do this please)
Old 21 May 2010, 05:21 PM
SkydiveMacca
Scooby Regular

if it makes it easier, mail them to me and i'll host them

skydive macca (at) mac dot com
Old 21 May 2010, 05:23 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SkydiveMacca
if it makes it easier, mail them to me and i'll host them

skydive macca (at) mac dot com
cheers mate could you please pm me your email address
Old 21 May 2010, 05:26 PM
SkydiveMacca
Scooby Regular

It's in the post dude

take out the spaces, replace (at) with @ and dot with .

Only written like that to stop spam bots picking it up
Old 21 May 2010, 05:36 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

many thanks i have emailed them i hope cheers thank you for your trouble
Old 21 May 2010, 06:28 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

picked the best photos and emailed them i think did it work??
Old 21 May 2010, 07:33 PM
SkydiveMacca
Scooby Regular

Nothing in the inbox yet. I'll pm you my email addy so you can just copy and paste
Old 21 May 2010, 08:25 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Glad to hear all is well. I hope your kids get loads of fun with their bikes. My two are 24 and 21 and STILL keen riders.

Invest in some locks though, eh?
Old 21 May 2010, 08:29 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Glad to hear all is well. I hope your kids get loads of fun with their bikes. My two are 24 and 21 and STILL keen riders.

Invest in some locks though, eh?
1st job tomorrow visit to southfork cycles bigest bike lock i can find
Old 21 May 2010, 08:41 PM
badman1972
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

That is great news and glad to be able to offer a little help, as long as they are happy, thats what matters

Jeff
Old 21 May 2010, 08:50 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by badman1972
That is great news and glad to be able to offer a little help, as long as they are happy, thats what matters

Jeff
thank you it was BIG when dan saw it lol . he asked if he could keep it in his bedroom lol
Old 21 May 2010, 09:33 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

hopefully letter and photos to follw

Last edited by madscoob; 21 May 2010 at 09:34 PM.
Old 21 May 2010, 09:48 PM
screechy
Scooby Regular

Good to hear you got it sorted Paul. Sounds like a good plan to me with the bikes.
Old 21 May 2010, 10:12 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Posted from other thread

Old 21 May 2010, 10:16 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by screechy
Good to hear you got it sorted Paul. Sounds like a good plan to me with the bikes.
cheers screechy have managed to post photos and letter . post is titled dans thank you letter and photos . he is well chuffed with the subaru bike . massive smile even wanted to keep it in his bedroon lol
Old 21 May 2010, 10:22 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
Posted from other thread

cheers pimmo i managed to sort photo bucket after about 30mins lol but couldnt figure out how to link from thread to thread
Old 21 May 2010, 10:25 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

i liked this photo best http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/...20bike/039.jpg.
Old 21 May 2010, 10:53 PM
wrx-kurt
Scooby Regular

he looks so happy on it, pulls better wheelies than i have ever done lol!!!!! the bike looks so cool with the motor in back ground too. so glad to see he is happy with it and enjoying it was just showing my older son how i could pull wheelies like that and still could and in repile, got told i would break a hip now. such a cheeky git at times. kids ya just got to love them
Old 21 May 2010, 11:02 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrx-kurt
he looks so happy on it, pulls better wheelies than i have ever done lol!!!!! the bike looks so cool with the motor in back ground too. so glad to see he is happy with it and enjoying it was just showing my older son how i could pull wheelies like that and still could and in repile, got told i would break a hip now. such a cheeky git at times. kids ya just got to love them
lmao when i was younger i did 4.9miles on the back wheel . dan is still in training lol but is doing well considering doctors said he would never ride a bike because of coordination , amazing what hours of running behind him resulted in , but he didnt lose stabalizers until he was 8 or 9 and i lost all the flesh on me elbow when i fell **** over head when he pedled away from me at full pelt leaving me in a pile on the floor . thanks kurt
Old 21 May 2010, 11:02 PM
playtime
Scooby Regular

paul it,s nice to see the wee with a smile on his face and the new bike look,s the biz i,am just glad to have helped m8 cheers
Old 21 May 2010, 11:08 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by playtime
paul it,s nice to see the wee with a smile on his face and the new bike look,s the biz i,am just glad to have helped m8 cheers
many thanks playtime (cant remember real name) that 1 smile made my week had to laugh when he tucked it up to bed in the top shed with a sheet over it , it must be
Old 21 May 2010, 11:33 PM
wrx-kurt
Scooby Regular

lmao when i was younger i did 4.9miles on the back wheel . dan is still in training lol but is doing well considering doctors said he would never ride a bike because of coordination , amazing what hours of running behind him resulted in , but he didnt lose stabalizers until he was 8 or 9 and i lost all the flesh on me elbow when i fell **** over head when he pedled away from me at full pelt leaving me in a pile on the floor . thanks kurt
looooooll, sorry mate all i can picture is you holding on the back and ya boy speeding off with you face first in floor and misses nearly wetting her self laughing at you as thats what my misses would do lol. just sounds like a dad moment lol.

so glad to help out.
Old 21 May 2010, 11:52 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrx-kurt
looooooll, sorry mate all i can picture is you holding on the back and ya boy speeding off with you face first in floor and misses nearly wetting her self laughing at you as thats what my misses would do lol. just sounds like a dad moment lol.

so glad to help out.
it was damm funny lol all i could do was shout hes has done it to the missus , she calmly pointed out blood was pouring from my right elbow and that i looked a right tit in the middle of the street , no sign of simpathy at all . just a simple well done dan . and paul you are bleeding and look a right pillock come in and put a bandage on . oh hang on on second thoughts a@e i can see your elbow bone . i at this point felt the pain ans almost passed out ,it could of been worse i could of face planted the back tyre lol but you are right it was a special dad moment
Old 22 May 2010, 08:00 AM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Top stuff well happy for you all and hats off to all the scoobynetters who chipped in I think we all agree that smile made it worth while
Old 22 May 2010, 08:30 AM
Dave Y
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts

Happy Days
Old 22 May 2010, 09:41 AM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stevie1982
Top stuff well happy for you all and hats off to all the scoobynetters who chipped in I think we all agree that smile made it worth while
couldnt agree more mate, its made it all worthwhile just to see daniel smile, he looks so happy
Old 22 May 2010, 09:55 AM
FroSt1
Scooby Regular

Alls well that ends well
Happy for you all, made me smile too (+ a small tear)
Old 22 May 2010, 11:25 AM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

THANK YOU for your kindness and generosity , he is one happy bunny now i think he the bike

Quick Reply: dans new bike