Cant stop........................................GRINNI NG:D

Search this Thread

Old 05 March 2001, 06:31 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

What a bloody machine man,

I have owned this vehicle for 5 days, I have covered approx 300 miles (All below 4000rpm ) I have done 22 appointments and my SEX life has just gone through the roof

I cannot believe how much fun these things are and as for waiting for the run in period to be sorted, It's killing me

Fcukin' great piece of kit, i love it to bits and if anyone out there is contemplating buying one............GO GET ONE!!!!!!

Haven't been online for a few days cos i've been too busy playing

Old 05 March 2001, 07:04 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

new wrx?
Old 05 March 2001, 09:06 PM
Stevie
Scooby Regular

Mikey,

I know how you feel mate. Done 800 miles since Thursday morning, 1000 mile service booked in for Friday morning and the missing link in the exhaust system. ( Downpipe and B/Box already on.) IMHO, the WRX is the b#####ks, NOT b#####ks.

Been to 5000rpm twice but not held it there.

Stereo is absolute rubbish but people may have confused me with somebody else, somebody whe actually cares about the stereo system!! I have an exhaust.

Parked the car up this afternoon to get back in the work car, 1st island I nearly became a 1 car person. Whoops.

Tiggs, just do it. You know it makes sense.

Stevie
Old 05 March 2001, 10:35 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Question

if im getting the ppp (when ready) as a dealer option will i be able to get the exhaust done at collection or do i need to get the whole lot (ecu etc) done after its run in?

also is it worth getting the suspension upgrade?

tiggs

stereo? who cares? got a hi fi in the lounge!
Old 06 March 2001, 10:11 AM
Jza
Scooby Regular

Tiggs,

You get the exhaust done as part of the PPP!
I wanted the PPP on my car (MY01 WRX 2180 miles) but cant get it yet. Check your insurers before you do it - most start quoting £2500!!!!!

Pete Croney at Scoobysport can fit a full exhaust system inc downpipe for £780 approx. This transforms the car apparently - so it a cheaper route than the PPP if you cant afford it and arent bothered about warrenty issues. He also reckons that leda suspension makes full use of the awesome new chassis.

The brakes work fine by the way, came round a corner really quick yesterday in the middle of no-where to watch a woman in a range rover pull straight out of her house into me! Anti-lock judders through the pedal loads - but the car just dug in and stopped - i was amazed i missed a full head - side collision. She waved at me thinking id stopped to let her carry on!!!!!!!

I was told by my dealer the 1000 miles run in isnt neccessary - just to not cane it. He reckons the engines are "run in" to an extent and the modern oils mean the running in period is a thing of the past. But i still took it easy!

The cars amazing. I went on the midlands meet last month - was surprised that i didnt get blown away by mk1 cars as the magazines suggested i would. The cars all had some form of exhaust mods - they made a lead on long straight at full pelt (not by much tho) but i could keep up round the corners where several owners were understeering all over the place.

Makes you think what a PPP can do!! Can you imagine a mk1 owner being overtaken by our slow, heavy underpowered cars!!!! Joy!!!

Enjoy your cars fella's whilst we are still in the minority!!!

Jza
Old 06 March 2001, 05:23 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
ohh glad you like it Mikey

your good laydeee said to me the other nite (while u were out playin with your nu toy) that her sex life had improved! (since u were never in!!!!)

LOL

r u going to the meet tomorrow?
CU There???

Phil
Old 06 March 2001, 05:31 PM
Mr Grim Reaper
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Jza:
<B>I was told by my dealer the 1000 miles run in isnt neccessary - just to not cane it. He reckons the engines are "run in" to an extent and the modern oils mean the running in period is a thing of the past. But i still took it easy!
[/quote]

Of course, a badly run in Scooby which will need more work through out it's life, along with a shorter life is of no interest to the dealer - they want the car to last forever so that you never need to but a new one ever again.......not

MGR
Old 06 March 2001, 06:42 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by salsa-king:
<B>ohh glad you like it Mikey

your good laydeee said to me the other nite (while u were out playin with your nu toy) that her sex life had improved! (since u were never in!!!!)

LOL

r u going to the meet tomorrow?
CU There???

Phil[/quote]

It seems we have a few things to discuss.

CYA there and bring a pistol and a gauntlet
Old 06 March 2001, 11:23 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
G-Mikey
is Hayley? coming tomorrow? (i'm good with names! lol)
if she smiles at me, u know what that twinkle in our eyes means!!! lol

ur out tooo much these days (well at least 4 the last 5 anyway) lol

Phil