Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Basic" remap question..need advice pls..

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2010, 10:52 PM
Scooby Wagon Addict!
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question "Basic" remap question..need advice pls..

Is is "physically" possible to remap without having to replace fuel pump and exhaust sections?
Situation is this.. I have an 05 WRX Blobeye wagon with only a Prodrive backbox and am after just a little more torque and power..like 30/30 or 40/40 more.. I was wondering if this was possible.
Have looked at 2 tuners , both very good names I hasten to add .. AndyF and Seditas(sp) ..and they both insist on decat downpipe and centre,fuel pump and different panel filter before they even touch the car..and I dont want to do the above as I'm not after big power increases and want to stay stealthy quiet the way it is justnow.
Now the way I see it the PPP on a WRX doesnt require a fuel pump upgrade or panel filter, so it must be possible , but it does remove the downpipe cat I believe.
So will anyone tweek the existing map on mine the way it is? Are the parameters of the map tweekable?
Cheers,
Steve
Old 12 April 2010, 11:21 PM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mapped quite a few 100% standard cars to give more oomph - they work well but obviously you will not get the full power of a decated car. Very noticeable difference though.

One std 2004 wrx I mapped recently got 269bhp on the dyno... generally they will get 250-260bhp but a very healthy increase in torque which makes for a better driving car.
Old 12 April 2010, 11:36 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a lot of leeway in the way Subaru mapped the cars as they left the factory........after all they have to be very safe to cope with so many variables LOL

If you just want to unleash the extra horses that your car should have and errode the safety margin but not cross it then I'd consider a competent "open source" mapper

Dynamix............do you do open source mapping ? LOL

Shaun
Old 12 April 2010, 11:54 PM
Mifo
Scooby Regular

Problem is you will soon get used to the extra 30-40 bhp and then wish you had fitted the decated exhaust, fuel pump etc. to get that bit more out of it.
Old 13 April 2010, 12:55 AM
Simon Baudains
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mifo
Problem is you will soon get used to the extra 30-40 bhp and then wish you had fitted the decated exhaust, fuel pump etc. to get that bit more out of it.
i'm with this man......why do half a job you will want more!!!!
Old 13 April 2010, 10:33 AM
Scooby Wagon Addict!
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by dynamix
Mapped quite a few 100% standard cars to give more oomph - they work well but obviously you will not get the full power of a decated car. Very noticeable difference though.
One std 2004 wrx I mapped recently got 269bhp on the dyno... generally they will get 250-260bhp but a very healthy increase in torque which makes for a better driving car.
Thank you Duncan ... That's exactly what I'm after, esp more torque to make the car a bit more enjoyable
Will start saving .. Having only recently bought the car and then the Big End having to be replaced I need think of a way to do it without the wife knowing!

Steve
Old 13 April 2010, 06:21 PM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No worries - Remap is only £350 through me.