Sponsored by:

bug eye wrx prices....

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2010, 08:17 PM
djandyg
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bug eye wrx prices....

Just wondering what people with a bit of knowledge would consider to be a good price to pay for a uk bug eye WRX with FSH and under 70k....

...just interested as im still doing my homework at the moment whilst saving, and most seem to be going for around 5k ish kinda money....

is that a fair price?

Im cautious that some of the cars i look at could be bargains (which normally put me off as they seem to good to be true)....but equally dont wanna pay over the odds...

what do u consider to be a sensible amount to spend?
Old 06 April 2010, 08:29 PM
pinkypurkhardt
Scooby Regular

i paid £5,500 last year for a 52 plate wrx with full service history 66k in blue with gold alloys and uk300 prodrive spoiler and prodrive back box cars been fine apart from a front a/f sensor and done 10k in it since owning its been spot on.
Old 06 April 2010, 08:39 PM
djandyg
Scooby Regular

nice one thanks.... just out of interest did ur air fuel sensor trigger your engine check light?
Old 10 April 2010, 01:19 PM
f8rdy
Scooby Regular

At the other end of things, i paid 3900 privately for a Y reg WRX in January, blue with gold wheels again, excellent condition inside and out, 80K with part service history, done about 4K in it so far and is faultless except for a bit of a wheel bearing noise but waiting for that to come into fruition before i start taking it apart.

Unfortunately im going to have to mess around servicing it myself and doing the timin belt as the owner before the one i bought it off was "a mechanic" so had handwritten services and timing belt change in the book but no receipts for parts so not overly confident.

More than happy for the money though.
Old 10 April 2010, 02:08 PM
mike wrx
Scooby Regular

because of the way my jobs heading at the min ive been considering having to sell mine and been looking what kind of price id get for her mines 2002 51 plate blue with fsh and 51k on clock, new clutch and new front and rear discs an pads and theres a massive difference in prices you can look at some and think..oh god im looking about 4k but then they range right up to others for near 6k mark with no history
Old 11 April 2010, 12:59 PM
pinkypurkhardt
Scooby Regular

hi again sorry for the late reply yeah the a/f sensor put the CEL on but dint worry me to much as i knew the 2 previous owners so knew the car was well looked after and were telling the truth bout the CEL
Old 11 April 2010, 02:58 PM
Steve_PPP
Scooby Regular

remember bugeyes were around from X reg through to '52 plate, so value is dependent on age as well.

there seems to be this idea floating around that bugeyes are worth this much, blobeyes that much. If you were buying any other car made in 2000, you'd expect to pay a grand or two less than the same car made in 2002.

I've got one of the last bugeyes on a '52 plate and it annoys me that people think its worth the same as a car two years older, just because its the same shape. Thats not how it works!