white P1 poster for Prodrive auction day on 9th may

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2010, 09:57 AM
topguntone
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default white P1 poster for Prodrive auction day on 9th may

Hello everyone

As part of the P1 day at Prodrive on the 9th may, Prodrive will be holding a auction of Prodrive memorabilia to raise money for the Horton Hospice charity appeal fund. So in keeping with tradition in which I created 2 one off posters of Prodrive's outstanding demonstration vehicle the P2, for Prodrive's charity day in 2006, (in which they both raised nearly £1000 during the 2 day event) I wanted to mark this very special milestone of 10 years existence of the P1 with the creation of a one off poster of the rare and unique white P1. This is a car all us blue P1 owners need to be greatful for, because without this test and development vehicle being put through its paces by Prodrive, our production car would not have become a reality and success that all car enthusiasts see today.

So, to mark this very special day and after many late nights behind the computer, I have produced a one off print of the 'White One' which I am donating to the charity auction event to hopefully raise as much money as possible for the Prodrive's designated charity, the Horton Hospice appeal fund. As mentioned this is a one off print and is numbered 1/1 and will never be reproduced again. It measures 565x365mm and features a historical written record of the actual white p1 test car, a pictorial library of the white P1 down each side of the poster and in the middle a side view rendering of the actual white P1 which forms the centre piece of the print. In the top right corner, there is also a rendering of Richard Burns' WRC car from 1999. The print will also be framed in a black surround with pearl inlay.

For any Subaru enthusiast who knows the P1, this print would be a fitting addition to their collection of Subaru memorabilia and a great future Ebay product for sure, but for me it has been a enormous pleasure to be a part of and hope that it will raise as much money for the charity behind this very special P1 day at Prodrive.

I would like to offer a special thank you to Jackie at Prodrive for doing as much research as possible into the history of this unique P1, but most importantly of all to the owner of the car, Steve Brown and his wife Mandy for their massive involvement in this unique one off project. If it wasn't for Steve giving up his valuable time and agreeing to me visiting him in Morcambe to photograph the car and for also assisting me with the written historical record of the car, then this project would not have got off the launch pad!!!! So to them I owe a very great deal of thanks indeed!! Also, many thanks to Elvis for making this day happen for us all, he has been a incredibly busy boy for sure in making this whole thing come together!

So all that is left to say is happy bidding!! Ben at Prodrive always does a great job of the auction days and hopefully and even maybe one of you P1 owners will be the lucky owners of this unique print!

http://images.fotopic.net/?id=64088882&noresize=1

tgt
Old 06 April 2010, 10:40 AM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

the guy who owns that white p1 is a memeber on here sp lets hope he cughs up enough cash for it then

good work there mate hats off to you
Old 06 April 2010, 01:13 PM
dubbed_up_dick
Scooby Newbie

Amazing work these. The P2 poster I got from the open day a few years back still makes me stop and stare when I walk past it.
Old 04 May 2010, 10:04 PM
topguntone
Scooby Regular

Default final copy

here is the final print all framed up and ready to go

happy bidding hope it makes a mint

tony

http://images.fotopic.net/?id=64656726&noresize=1
Old 04 May 2010, 10:31 PM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

the car looks distorted (sort of squashed) - have you photoshopped it?