Sponsored by:

wrx s hatch

Search this Thread

Old 29 March 2010, 05:06 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wrx s hatch

i own a blobeye wrx sti on a visit to the local dealers this afternoon i noticed a new wrx s hatch in the showroom.
i have never seen a hatch in the flesh and like most scooby owners though it was awful and not worthy of the impreza name, but i have had my mind changed by how nice it looked with its pumped up arches big wheels and low stance! could this be my next impreza???
Old 29 March 2010, 05:20 PM
paulbu
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pumped up arches ? Are you sure it wasn't an Sti.
If you go ahead, register it before April 1st or make sure that the road fund licence fee is in with the price.
Old 29 March 2010, 06:43 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

If it was a WRX-S then it wouldn't have had flared arches ..... a simple indication would be the price ..... around £19k-£21k would mean it was a WRX-S. £25k+ would mean a STi.

However, there are no more WRX's coming into the UK .... some Dealers are saying it is because of the yen/pound exchange rate - that's bollox - it's because the new WRX will have flared arches and look evey bit the STi without the STi costs and back breaking ride. Of course, if the dealers said a new WRx was due soon, no-one would buy the current stocks, would they?
Old 29 March 2010, 07:08 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by pslewis
However, there are no more WRX's coming into the UK .... some Dealers are saying it is because of the yen/pound exchange rate - that's bollox
Nah its actually because of the pound/yen rate, the dealers cannot sell the cars for 21k at the moment, they are like 23k to make profit, that puts the sti's up to 28+, the £/yen is a killer just now

Tony
Old 29 March 2010, 07:30 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Nah, I have been offered a WRX-S OTR for £19k juat arrived at the docks apparently ...... that's a loss of £2k then? Don't think that's happening, do you?

They need to clear the decks of the 'normal' shaped WRX and WRX-S .... to make way for the STi shaped Versions.