Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Absolutely gutted (damaged Scooby)...

Search this Thread

Old 29 March 2010, 12:07 PM
cobraman
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Absolutely gutted (damaged Scooby)...

So I was driving to work and had to turn right at the top of a road and in the road in front of me some berk had parked his car in the road at an angle and there was a bus going the opposite way and he had a truck parked in front of him - so the set of cars in between were stuck (unable to manouvre to overtake the parked vehicles). So nothing to do with me and after waiting a minute to see if this would clear up I decided to reverse my car and take another route.

So I reverse down the street and drive into someones driveway to turn the car around.

Now I have an extremely low lip spoiler on the Scooby and when I reversed the car from the driveway, I caught the spoiler on the kerb and heard a mighty scrape. Now I've scraped the spoiler before and its always been okay as it lifts a little and has some flex to it. Not this time.

Upon inspection, the front bumper has come away from just underneath the headlight and is dangling off the car. The inner plastic wheel arch liner has completely split and has come away from the bumper and it looks terrible.

I managed to somehow push the bumper up a little and it doesn't dangle as much now. However, I will somehow have to remove the wheel, take away the arch liner cover and get under the bumper to probably put a new nut and bolt onto the bumper and connect it to the car underneath the headlight.

And this after spending the whole weekend removing the wheels to clean them and under the arches. I'm absolutely gutted.
Old 29 March 2010, 12:10 PM
gavvy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bad News mate hope u get it fully sorted soon