Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Urgent! Help needed in buying a 05 STI in UK!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 27 March 2010, 08:12 PM
WRX-Austria
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Urgent! Help needed in buying a 05 STI in UK!!!!!!

I just found a 05 STI which I would like to buy on pistonheads. I called the guy, but I think he was a little surprised that I am calling from Austria. Is enyone willing to help me and can communicate with him in my name. I would like to take the car with me next tuesday when I am in London. I am willing to give an award of £ 100 to someone who helps me to buy the car. It is easier for me to write than speaking in english so maybe this was a problem too....

Daniel
Old 27 March 2010, 09:25 PM
WRX-Austria
Scooby Newbie

27 read, noone will earn some quick money?
Old 27 March 2010, 10:44 PM
phil739
Scooby Regular

so what would you want this person to do ???
Old 27 March 2010, 11:17 PM
WRX-Austria
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by phil739
so what would you want this person to do ???
To call him and explain, there is somone who really wants to by his car and he should contact me with e-mail. I think my english on phone was, is to bad for him so he hung up. Sounds stupid.... But I really want to buy this car.

Last edited by WRX-Austria; 27 March 2010 at 11:20 PM. Reason: new information
Old 28 March 2010, 12:06 AM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Daniel
Lots of obvious questions spring to mind, such as isn't this a slightly crazy thing to try and do on a one-day visit to a foreign country, will you be able to sort out insurance satisfactorily to drive the car back, do you really want a right-hand drive car if you spend most of your time on the continent, and so on and so forth?

If you've thought all that through though and you're still sure you want to go ahead, maybe you should give a slightly more precise indication of where the car is located. London is after all a pretty enormous city
Old 28 March 2010, 08:04 AM
WRX-Austria
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by markjmd
Daniel
Lots of obvious questions spring to mind, such as isn't this a slightly crazy thing to try and do on a one-day visit to a foreign country, will you be able to sort out insurance satisfactorily to drive the car back, do you really want a right-hand drive car if you spend most of your time on the continent, and so on and so forth?

If you've thought all that through though and you're still sure you want to go ahead, maybe you should give a slightly more precise indication of where the car is located. London is after all a pretty enormous city
Mark i imported a lot of cars from Germany, ,Czech Republic, France.... owned a bugeye WRX, than EVO IX which I sold for a C2 R2MAX Rallye Car and currently drive it in the Citroen Racing Trophy. Now I have again money to buy an STI for daily driving (can pull my C2 on a trailer, which doesn't work with an EVO VIII oder IX), have no problems driving home with insurance and love to drive on the right side. The car is located outside London and I could stay also one day longer, but I think one day is enough. I woud like to speak via PM which car I mean...