Thefts of Scoobys

Search this Thread

Old 17 March 2010, 01:33 PM
Pogue
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thefts of Scoobys

Lo all.

I sold my 2003 STi 8 a few years back due to the amount of home invasion scumbags round this area (West Midlands) What I'd like to know is if this sort of thing is still happening as I'm feeling the urge to buy another scoob
Old 17 March 2010, 01:47 PM
rookymatt
Scooby Regular

Happened to me last year mate. Got it back thanks to tracker/old bill.
Old 17 March 2010, 02:12 PM
dantastic
Scooby Regular

If you want another scoob get one mate, don't let the scumbags stop you owning the car you want, at the end of the day if someone wants to steal your car and are determined to steal it no matter what they have to do to get it, then they will, no matter what make it is .
Old 17 March 2010, 03:18 PM
tonyb1
Scooby Regular

id get 1 mate get a rotty as well lol
Old 17 March 2010, 03:27 PM
TAM1981
Scooby Newbie

Thats the problem in this day and age people always think what if they steal it listen buddy you only live once get another scooby live it up if they want to steal it then thats ok thats what insurance is for and the only reason they steal it is because the DIRTY B@STARDS cant afford one.

Dont let any scumbag stealing b@stard let you think twice about owning a scooby.

GO get a new scooby be part of the gang again.
Old 17 March 2010, 03:38 PM
Pogue
Scooby Regular

It's not me or the car I'm worried about, it's my wife and daughter if the scumbags come through the front door.

The guy that bought my last scoob had the very same thing happen to him within 2 weeks of me selling it to him, luckily enough he got it back within 2 mins as I'd fitted blackjax to it but it shook his wife up pretty badly.

Then again I really want another STI ...

I'm even thinking about getting a lock up and a crappy little car, the idea is I keep the scoob in a lock up and use the crappy car to go and get the scoob out when I feel the need .
Old 17 March 2010, 03:52 PM
twooo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pogue
I'm even thinking about getting a lock up and a crappy little car, the idea is I keep the scoob in a lock up and use the crappy car to go and get the scoob out when I feel the need .
Now THERE'S a good idea. Thanks

Trending Topics

Old 17 March 2010, 04:35 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

park the mrs car in front of the scooby thats what i do, chavs are too lazy to move one car to get at another!
Old 17 March 2010, 07:10 PM
dj219957
Scooby Regular

the problem has not gone away, in fact i would guess its worse. i have been a victim of this.
suggest if you get one you upgrade security on your house. a house alarm is a good deterant.
Old 17 March 2010, 07:43 PM
siannie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tubbytommy
park the mrs car in front of the scooby thats what i do, chavs are too lazy to move one car to get at another!
chavs tried my mum's v6 golf few years back but my stepdad's golf was in front so decided to kick his front wing instead. 5 years later the dent is still there.
Good advice tommy will back that up
Old 17 March 2010, 07:47 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

rather a dent in the mrs car than mine stolen!!!
Old 17 March 2010, 09:45 PM
AdamMole
Scooby Regular

It really does come to something when you have feel that you have to protect your car like this. But unfortunately thats how it is. I am lucky enough to have a garage which I have protected with cctv. Wireless kits are very good quality now and you can pick basic ones up for around £100 quid. If you have not got a garage then I would suggest a driveway poll. Most security places sell them now. If you can only park on the road then fit a hidden kill switch.

But at the end of the day, if I did all of the above and some one came into my house non of the above matters. A life is way more important than metal so I see completely where you are coming from.

Personally I think a lock up would just end of getting the car stolen as they tend to be in area's away from houses etc. So no one to look over the garage.
Old 17 March 2010, 10:53 PM
konceppt
Scooby Regular

happened to me.broke into my house while we were in bed and stole my keys and my wallet,then drove off in my bmw 330ci m sport.
got it back after a few months but it never felt the same.i sold it soon after and then bought a scooby lol
at the end of the day thats why we pay insurance isnt it.just do it
Old 17 March 2010, 10:53 PM
dkes
Scooby Newbie

I've got a big german shepherd watching the keys, he's an ex-security dog and doesn't like people coming into the house at night, he's nearly had me before when I came in after a stint working away.
F**kin scum, coming into peoples houses, we should b more like the USA, anyone on your property is fair game over there, I think that would deter a lot of the scum.
Old 17 March 2010, 10:59 PM
konceppt
Scooby Regular

hell yeah,i really wish we could bear arms.......legally.
i also have a german shepherd,she was laying next to our bed and started barking.stupidly i told her to shut up as i heard the noise but just assumed it was my neighbours.
to be honest she didnt listen but by the time she was at the top of the stairs i heard 6 cylinders fire up and felt sick.got to the top of the stairs and it was gone,front door wide open.
never think its going to happen to you,over within 30 seconds
Old 17 March 2010, 11:09 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

The theives are targeting top end Audi's now (S3, RS4 etc).
Old 17 March 2010, 11:19 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

As Moley says, organised gangs who carry out these burglaries are targetting A3, A4 Audis, Mercs etc.
Old 18 March 2010, 12:58 AM
KickboxingCrazy
Scooby Regular

ive never understood how the ffuk can people nick your keys from your house. its just lazyness, putting your keys near the door.. you might aswell of left them in the ignition.
at least stick them someone secure if its your pride and joy! id never think of it, mine are in a place you really wouldnt want to put your hands.
Old 18 March 2010, 01:14 AM
konceppt
Scooby Regular

In my case it was habit and also assuming it's not going to happen to you.when you live in the same house for so long with no trouble you get complacent I suppose.
Thing is in one way it pissed me off that I was stupid enough to leave the keys on top of my tv unit but in another way at least they never had to come upstairs where my family are sleeping to look for the keys.
Could have been worse.also kind of glad my dog didn't immediately run downstairs as they broke in with a huge prybar which could easily of seriously injured her so at least we were all safe.my own stupid fault for only lifting the handle on our PVC front door and not actually locking it with the key but as I said my family have lived in this house for Years and never had any trouble,
worse part was it turned out to
be a 16 year old kid that lived less than 2 miles from us.the old bill only done him for tda and not burglary as there was no evidence at the house that it was him.
What a joke
Old 18 March 2010, 08:05 AM
biglad58
Scooby Regular

Don't let the scumbags stop you mate.

I know where theres a nice bargain WR1 for sale (cant blame me for asking)