Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone used (Andy) Williams Motorsport for a build?

Search this Thread

Old 12 March 2010, 02:25 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone used (Andy) Williams Motorsport for a build?

Just wanted to know his quality of build. If anyone has any experience if you could let me know.
Old 06 June 2010, 04:40 PM
BlueBugEye
Scooby Regular

Ditto that as I'm looking at a forged 2.5 from Andy as well, very friendly helpful and knowledgeable on the phone etc. far more so than some of the other tuners I contacted!
Old 06 June 2010, 05:02 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Wink

Multi-talented as well - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWtLK7XP-Bk

Personally i prefer the Franki Valli version but Andy can carry a tune + Frankie does not do engine work

I'll stfu and get my coat...

Last edited by The Zohan; 06 June 2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 29 July 2010, 05:19 PM
russelllinn
Scooby Regular

bringing alive an old thread

Does anyone have an answer to whether he is a good engine builder? does seem to know his stuff which is always a good start . .
Old 29 July 2010, 08:26 PM
scooby seb
Scooby Regular

Can't praise hime enough guys i bought a rebuilt bottom end from him, he was more than helpful and gave some good advice, i was a bit duebius(sp) about buying a rebuilt bottom end (this was not rebuilt using brand new parts by the way) but every time i spoke to him on the phone he really put my mind at ease

you won't be disappointed
Old 29 July 2010, 08:33 PM
russelllinn
Scooby Regular

good to hear, it's always reassuring to hear from other's experiences
Old 03 September 2010, 02:53 AM
Wagon wheel eater
Scooby Regular

Wink THE ANDY WILLIAMS EXPERIENCE...

Andy did my engine rebuild after a bottom end failure... Well worth the transport cost from london to north wales.. I was untrusting and nervous at first , especially for the cheap price and the thought of using some 2nd hand parts... Its only been a few months but Ive now done 3500 miles and 1 santa pod, 2 oil changes since, still pulls like a train with no problems at all ...
He turned out to be a genuine guy and a real expert with a wealth of knowledge tried and tested on the rally circuit.. its a small operation but as promised he does the job well and is very helpful, even with after care phone calls and advise... I live miles away (jst outside london) so some things as expected had to be sorted by myself during running in period.. but his advice was great and all problems were fixed easily...( such as - rocker covers needed a slight tighten after time, slight leak, plus when hot tiny a leak from hose to rad, so so small a bloody nightmare to find ! It just needed locating where and a slight tighten when warm) These things i'm sure would have been rectified by him if i was nearer... the car was checked thoroughly by us both before leaving, but problems were only noticable over a long time... naturally some things need a re tighten after an engine rebuild and running in... I would happily take my car back to him ... This is my honest experience of him and I would recommend him, his work ethic, parts prices and knowledge ..

uk turbo wagon 97
Not sure on ecu? (rev limiter cut in at 7400 before blow up???) I only take to 6000 occasionally now t b safe!!! No money left... lol!

Shell Optimax only
ej20
wms steel H beam rods
sti v4 forged pistons
td04
uprated steel gaskets
arp head bolts
warlbro 255
uprated high pressure oil pump
K&N induction
decat ( stupidly big bore )
short shifter
BHP 230ish ??? any more guesses? (Santa Pod 14sec)!!!
front strut brace
exedy organic clutch
lowered stiffened suspension on 17's proxies T1R
4 pots to be fitted soon with HEL braided lines

PLAN is- 310bhp+
TD05
440 injectors
simtek remap

more thoughts, parts & advice welcomed ???
Old 20 November 2010, 08:48 AM
BlueBugEye
Scooby Regular

I've now put about 2k miles on my custom built 2.5 with AVCS heads supplied and built by Andy - total cost of this build was £4k with my old (dead) 2.0 in part ex.

The build was complete including supply and refurbishment of the heads and block with all new parts used e.g cam belt, tensior, oil modine, sump etc.

Currently running at 390BHP with 1.1 bar boost (on Syvecs) solely to protect the std wrx gearbox!

Can't recommend the guy highly enough and makes you wonder what other engine builders are charging for?
Old 20 November 2010, 01:56 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bluebugeye

Just curious, how are you running the AVCS ?

Cheers

Shaun
Old 20 November 2010, 09:56 PM
f4la k
Scooby Regular

It says in his sig.... Built by williams motorsport, controled by syvecs, mapped by the monster...
Old 21 November 2010, 12:02 AM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess then he's using the TGV wiring for the AVCS then

Shaun
Old 01 December 2010, 06:51 PM
BlueBugEye
Scooby Regular

Mine and CJ's were two of the first that Simon did the Syvecs to AVCS conversion on, I believe my Syvecs ECU is one of the first WRX versions to have diodes built into the Tumbler circuit so it can run the AVCS without having to add diodes to the original tumbler wiring.

I had to repin the ECU wiring (4 pins if believe from memory but it was cold and raining at the time!) then we cut the redundant tumbler plugs from the Harness (Spec C tumblerless manifold) and soldered a set of AVCS plugs onto the ends.

Then Simon set the AVCS up in the ECU.
Old 01 December 2010, 07:02 PM
m@t STImulation
Scooby Regular

my buid had been good for nearly 2 years now reliable bloke
Old 17 March 2011, 10:34 PM
WMS
Scooby Regular

Hi Guys,

Glad you are all happy with your engines, Ive been a bit busy with various things in the last few months and havn't done any posting on SN. I have still been busy with some engine work though.
Recently ive got to know Graham (enginemapper) who is new to SN but has a wealth of knowledge and has done a few customer re-maps for me with some great results. He also managed to help cure a missfire on my rally car that was driving me mental..........it turned out to be an a broken wire in the engine loom, causing a drop in voltage to the coils

I have now bought an 03 WRX which is going to be the WMS/Engine mapper project car, the plan is to go from a std wrx right through to a 500bhp+ monster. The intention is to prove products, setups and mapping from just a re-map on the std WRX then keep pushing the outputs up until parts start to fail, upgrade and start again.
We will start a thread soon and keep everyone updated as we progress, i'm sure it will be interesting and cause some debate as we progress.
Graham and myself have a number of new (ish) ideas we will be trying along with some new parts we want to prove along the way.

Watch this space
Old 17 March 2011, 11:53 PM
fastboyslim
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WMS
Hi Guys,

Glad you are all happy with your engines, Ive been a bit busy with various things in the last few months and havn't done any posting on SN. I have still been busy with some engine work though.
Recently ive got to know Graham (enginemapper) who is new to SN but has a wealth of knowledge and has done a few customer re-maps for me with some great results. He also managed to help cure a missfire on my rally car that was driving me mental..........it turned out to be an a broken wire in the engine loom, causing a drop in voltage to the coils

I have now bought an 03 WRX which is going to be the WMS/Engine mapper project car, the plan is to go from a std wrx right through to a 500bhp+ monster. The intention is to prove products, setups and mapping from just a re-map on the std WRX then keep pushing the outputs up until parts start to fail, upgrade and start again.
We will start a thread soon and keep everyone updated as we progress, i'm sure it will be interesting and cause some debate as we progress.
Graham and myself have a number of new (ish) ideas we will be trying along with some new parts we want to prove along the way.

Watch this space
Sounds good!