ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

List of consumables required

Search this Thread

Old 06 March 2010, 01:50 PM
MilleniumRacer
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default List of consumables required

I've sorted out the following items for me to fit just prior to getting my blob wrx remapped again, but this is the first time I'll have done the mods to my car and wondered if someone could advise exactly what consumables (Gaskets/seals etc) I'll need to get a hold of, and what can be reused before I start upgrading the performance items:

1) STi Intercooler complete with Y-pipe and dump valve.
2) 16g TD05 turbo and modified casing to fit newage.
3) Higher flowing top feed Denso injectors.

Cheers

P.S. I already have it mapped to around 290bhp (Andy Forrest) with decat up-pipe and turbo back exhaust system, tubular flow matched headers, K&N panel filter, PR7 plugs, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Exeedy organic clutch and loads of other bits and bobs tastefully done. Just need the sluggish TD04 removed and a bit more urgency when giving it some gas .
Old 06 March 2010, 09:10 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The TD04 should not be sluggish. These are the fastest spooling turbos on any WRX 2 litre.
It would pay you to have a spare uppipe to turbo and downpipe to turbo gaskets but other than that nothing will need replacing in terms of consumables.
When you say modified casing to fit New Age, what do you mean?
I have the gaskets above if you need them. Email per profile if required.
Old 07 March 2010, 09:30 AM
MilleniumRacer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by harvey
The TD04 should not be sluggish. These are the fastest spooling turbos on any WRX 2 litre.
It would pay you to have a spare uppipe to turbo and downpipe to turbo gaskets but other than that nothing will need replacing in terms of consumables.
When you say modified casing to fit New Age, what do you mean?
I have the gaskets above if you need them. Email per profile if required.
Sluggish probably isn't the right word to use, because when it starts to spool up it is a nice turbo.
It's a modified casing to remove the 90 degree angle, allowing it to fit straight into a Newage .
I'll 100% need to get an uppipe and downpipe to turbo gasket, cheers Harvey. Was also thinking that as I'll be removing the turbo housing I'd be well served to get a 16g seal kit at the same time. Or is it best not to disturb anything inside while it is still in good working order?
Old 08 March 2010, 12:00 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 16 G turbo can do up to around 350 bhp so the injectors need to be capable of that so use pink injectors from New Age STi.
You are fitting a front entry TD05 16G. Who is converting the turbo to front entry?
It is up to whoever is converting the turbo to decide what is required with the existing donor turbo. It may or may not reqire an overhaul kit, again we stock these, along with covers for our own use but you do not need any seals to remove and replace the front cover.
Old 08 March 2010, 12:53 PM
MilleniumRacer
Scooby Regular

I have a converted cover on order and will be changing it over myself.
I was just going to use an overhaul kit on it anyway as a matter of course, and so long as there's no play in the compressor shaft that's all I was going to do. Good to know that the casing doesn't require a new seal, cheers .

I'm fitting 800cc injectors to keep the IDC low, and it will give me plenty of performance in reserve for further mods . I'm not kidding myself on that this is all I'm ever going to do to the car like some folk do .

350bhp is maybe pushing things to the edge a little with this turbo, and I'm certainly not chasing any figures. Just looking forward to the increase in driveability.

Thanks for the info Harvey .