Sponsored by:

The need for Overtaking A Scoobie

Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2010, 06:37 PM
KINGTIGER
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The need for Overtaking A Scoobie

I was on my merry way to work this morning very early. It was foggy and I was doing a steady 60. When I had to slow down to 50 for a car which had pulled out. Now behind me now was a white van man.

Guess you all know what they are like. He had loads of time to overtake and didn't, he waited till there was oncoming traffic then overtook me, and then proper cut me up. So I accidently knocked on my main beam for ten seconds. Then I overtook him.

Now maybe I should of just let him get on with it. But do you lot find that a car driver applies the same tactics to a scoob as they do with a bus. ie they have to get in front of it evan if it means death.
Old 27 February 2010, 06:58 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I drive a van and I don't see any problem in overtaking any car if they are driving under the speed limit so it has nothing to do with driving an impreza.
Old 27 February 2010, 07:05 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KINGTIGER
I was on my merry way to work this morning very early. It was foggy and I was doing a steady 60. When I had to slow down to 50 for a car which had pulled out. Now behind me now was a white van man.

Guess you all know what they are like. He had loads of time to overtake and didn't, he waited till there was oncoming traffic then overtook me, and then proper cut me up. So I accidently knocked on my main beam for ten seconds. Then I overtook him.

Now maybe I should of just let him get on with it. But do you lot find that a car driver applies the same tactics to a scoob as they do with a bus. ie they have to get in front of it evan if it means death.
i go to work early doors and the amount off ***** who overtake me is unbelievable even if im doin 60 in a40 this is about 430 in the morning white van drivers think they own the roads complete tossers
Old 27 February 2010, 07:06 PM
greatgonzo
Scooby Regular

As stevebt but iv now been promoted to a silver van so please don't class me in the same bracket as a white van man
Old 27 February 2010, 07:08 PM
bolasti
Scooby Regular

ha ha ha agree with ya felles i try too overtake back but bit hard in a 26ton lorry ha ha i do give it a good dam hard try
Old 27 February 2010, 07:23 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by greatgonzo
As stevebt but iv now been promoted to a silver van so please don't class me in the same bracket as a white van man

Mine used to be a yellow van but I bought a white van so I could just be invisible I find peopel in cars tend to be more ***** towards vans as they always accelerate to stop you getting past them then slow down when you can't overtake. People can't do this when I'm in my car as I can generally get past anyone and if people have been awkward with me I have no problem in driving well under the speed limit to **** them off
Old 27 February 2010, 07:30 PM
gurn
Scooby Regular

used to be a white van driver.... then got upgraded to a silver one....lol

find the most useless drivers on the road tend to be in cars with a certain badge......

BMW!!!! they really are terrible!!!!

Trending Topics

Old 27 February 2010, 07:40 PM
jezza995
Scooby Regular

I got hit by a white van driver just before christmas. He decided to turn straight into the side of me, new drivers, door passenger door respray etc. His insurance company have admitted liability so will get my excess ( £470 ) back but still waiting !! Beware of the WVM !!!
Old 27 February 2010, 07:42 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gurn
used to be a white van driver.... then got upgraded to a silver one....lol

find the most useless drivers on the road tend to be in cars with a certain badge......

BMW!!!! they really are terrible!!!!

I was driving on the motorway one time when a BMW driver wouldn't pull out of the outside lane, granted he was driving at about 70mph but I was in a hurry and I was in my van. I eventually undertook him and he was on his phone and had a folder spread across his steering wheel which he working on. His car was actually his mobile office I was so temted to ring the police but thought there was no point as I diudn't know which jhunction he may turn off
Old 27 February 2010, 07:56 PM
Quasi Modo
Scooby Regular

The thing is, alot of them ignore the speed limits anyway, they also have limited puff so try to make up for it by getting a head start on their build up of speed, this usually means sitting in your boot for 5 minutes trying to get enough momentum up to chance pulling out past you. Alot of the time though they just scrape past, cut in and slam on their brakes as they realise their failure to judge braking distances between you and the car ahead of you. I find Audi drivers do this alot, nice cars but often driven by total *****. Just sat calm and put it down to their not involving you in anything more serious.

Last edited by Quasi Modo; 27 February 2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old 27 February 2010, 09:05 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

It's not just WVM, I had a spot of aggro from SUV-man this week, he pushed me out of the lights through the village I live in, and then overtook me doing 35 in a 30 limit in thick fog.

Inevitably he forced both the on-coming car and myself to brake, and once up to speed he promptly disappeared into the fog....

Astounding !

dunx
Old 27 February 2010, 10:01 PM
Mr Wagon
Scooby Regular

I tend to find its the Range Rover Sport folk, that will get to within an inch of your bumper in a 30 zone and then overtake your and cross over the hatched lines in a 40 zone at the same time as trying to pushing you over into the ditch. Hey I am just folllowing the rules of the road, why do some folk when they get inside and drive a RR think think they come under a differant law and can do what the &*^% they want to on the road without any thought to safety or other drivers.
Old 28 February 2010, 08:59 AM
Deano1565
Scooby Regular

Taxi drivers have their own laws aswell.....they can park where ever they want looking like smug tw@ts in a sludge sucking pug 406 with a bluetooth ear peace sellataped to their head!!