Calling all '94 STI owners

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2010, 07:07 PM
matty-sti
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling all '94 STI owners

Hey guys

Im new here so ill start by introducing myself. I registered when I was searching for information on the '94 STI's. I found a few good threads here and wanted to contribute.

Located in Ontario, Canada and work for RightDrive Inc. We are an importer that has a 94 coming in. Thus started the whole research phase.

The purpose of this thread is because i'm collecting information and pictures on all the '94 from around the globe for our companies facebook page.

If your interested in submitting your details I'm looking for build number (Month and number), location (country only needed) and a picture of your STI (plate picture would be great along with exterior shot)

Cheers,
Matt
Old 10 February 2010, 07:23 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Which number? There were two production runs: the first with 'of 100' numbers (and an Acropolis logo on the plate on Saloons) and a second 'of 200'. There were 300 Saloons and 300 SportsWagons.

There have been a number of threads listing model numbers here over the years.
Old 10 February 2010, 07:52 PM
matty-sti
Scooby Newbie

We initially thought the same thing. 300 wagons and 300 sedans built but then got different information.

From what we`ve gathered there were 100 built per month (hence the different months with the same number) for the first few months. Demand was so high that Subaru increased production to 200 per month in the latter months.

Productions looks as follows (from what our guys in Japan have told us)...
March: 100 built
April: 100 built
May: 100 built
June: 200 Built
July: 200 built
August: 200 built

There is also a rumor of 100 built in February which feature no month on the built plate (just a number). These are sad to be mostly owned by Subaru Japan and would be the first 100 STI`s.

I have seen the other threads here with people showing theres. Most of the info I would like is there but I don`t want to steal pictures and information without getting consent from the owners.

In any case, Im looking for any. We have April No. 1 of 100 (Wagon). There are a few more here in Canada like No. 1 of 200 July (Wagon).

Last edited by matty-sti; 10 February 2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old 10 February 2010, 08:02 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Perhaps you know more than me then. I used to import a lot of cars from Japan, particularly Imprezas; and I researched as much as I could. The problem was that information was difficult to come by (real information, as opposed to hearsay and internet forum repeated twaddle) and at the very best you could only get very sketchy picture.

I believe that David O'Brien (API) also has a No.1 car, and I presume that he will be disappointed to hear that its not the actual first production example; although it may be, of course.
Old 10 February 2010, 08:05 PM
matty-sti
Scooby Newbie

Your absolutely right on information being hard to find.
We contacted Subie of Japan for more details. I believe my boss told me they confirmed the production numbers I stated above.

Having a No. 1 of any month is very good though. Depending on David`s month, it very well could be if it is a March 1 of 100 (assuming the mythical February`s don`t exist - In my opinion they do not. In all my research, me nor my research partners, have not seen or even heard of one).

It is said that March is mostly sedans with only about 20 wagons being built then.

Last edited by matty-sti; 10 February 2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10 February 2010, 08:09 PM
mach
Scooby Regular

i've got aug 150/200 v1 sti wagon mods are:-
4 pot front brakes(to make it stop as needed)
newage top mount and custom duct
ported inlet manifold and exhaust headers leading to 3" right through
uprated fuel pump
parallel fuel rail conversion and 440's
98 map sensor and ESL re-map
full samco's (for the extra pressure)
lightweight pulley set
uprated clutch
tein superstreet's(to cope with the exta handeling required)
pulling about 320bhp.
now saving for a 2.2 conversion.