Sponsored by:

Opinion please

Search this Thread

Old 08 February 2010, 05:47 PM
JonnyFresh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Opinion please

I had a few bubbles on my rear arch last august. So I took it to be repaired. Got it back everything was fine. Last month I looked and there are some more bubbles again! Nearly in the same place.
I took it back and said it is bubbling again and he says that if it is not in the same place he welded new panels he will charge me to have it done again! You can see that he has skimmed over the whole arch with filler.
What should I do? Do I pay for him to do it again? Because obviously for him to look where he welded he would have to take the paint off.
Or do I take it somewhere else? I just don't want having the arch done to be like a service job every 6 months.
Old 08 February 2010, 06:46 PM
Off Your Marks
Scooby Regular

take it elsewhere mate as its likely the job was not done correctly the fist time.

If the panel was cut and a new section welded in, ground flush and brushed its unlikely it would be back so soon. My guess is that it received a bit of a tickle with an angle grinder, filled and painted. When rust takes hold it is ver very difficult to halt and you really need to remove the affected area completely to stop it.
Old 08 February 2010, 08:47 PM
his-n-her-scoobs
Scooby Regular

+1

Old 08 February 2010, 08:57 PM
Big Pete
Scooby Regular

I'd take it somewhere else.

We had some work done on ours in October 2009 and all is still as good as it was when we first got it back
Old 08 February 2010, 09:31 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

I would tell him that he re-does it, properly this time.

If you have to take it elswhere then you will get a report on the previous repair, from another bodyshop. Who will then repair it properly and you will be looking for him to pay for the rectification.

Issue a County Court Summons for the costs you have been subjected to.
Old 08 February 2010, 11:30 PM
JonnyFresh
Scooby Regular

How do I go about doing that?
Also any recomendations of places?
Old 09 February 2010, 12:31 AM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Go about doing what?

The telling him to re-do is simple ... get his refusal in writing if you can. Take a letter with you giving him the ultimatum (do job properly or he will pay for it to be done elsewhere).

What did the original Invoice say? What verbal details did he give you as to what he would do - and what instructions did you give him? This is important.

Ask the Bodyshop you wish to use, I cannot help you with recommendations, to look at the workmanship and give an opinion.

Ask the Trading Standards Officer at your local council if they have had any issues with the first repairer.

You don't state what you paid for the job .... if it was cheap, you probably got what you paid for ..... if expensive then you are entitled to a good job.

Raising a summons is easy - see your county court details .... or do a search for info.

The county court summons usually gets immediate results - unless, of course, they have plenty of CCJ's against them anyway.
Old 09 February 2010, 11:39 AM
scooby1doo1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp
I would tell him that he re-does it, properly this time.

If you have to take it elswhere then you will get a report on the previous repair, from another bodyshop. Who will then repair it properly and you will be looking for him to pay for the rectification.

Issue a County Court Summons for the costs you have been subjected to.
Dont it cost money to issue a ccs, may well be cheaper just to pay another bodyshop.
Old 09 February 2010, 11:50 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Whereas I appreciate where SSU is coming from and IF you can be bothered to fight for satisfaction then by all means take the garage to task over the job.

However, if they are funny with you and you with them and they still do the job frankly its like telling a restaurant their food is sh1te and hoping they don't jizz in your custard.

Better take it elsewhere explain whats happened and that you want a proper job that they will guarantee won't need doing again in 12 months time.
Old 09 February 2010, 12:31 PM
tom g
Scooby Regular

out of interest how much did it cost?
Old 09 February 2010, 01:20 PM
KINGTIGER
Scooby Regular

I had my rear aches done. He cut away the metal and did all that you are supposed to do.

But nearly six months later it has returned. Evan though it was waxoiled. So later on this year I'm gunna try if I can get it done somewhere else. I understand that I live by the sea but it has come back pretty quick for me.
Old 09 February 2010, 06:16 PM
JonnyFresh
Scooby Regular

It was relatively cheap. £150. But it's going to work out expensive if I keep having to have it done every 6 months. It's also the hassle of being without a car for a few days.