Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

re mapping 97 wrx import !!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 28 January 2010, 12:29 AM
leerev
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re mapping 97 wrx import !!!!!!!!

hi guys all help welcome

ive got a 97 wrx import,
mods ; VF22 turbo, Walbro fuel pump, Full de cat

obviously wanting to get car mapped now, was originally thinkin bout gettin simtek but not fancys spending around the £1k, spoke to someone at scoobyclinic and they said around £600 for there remap

any ideas on which kind of map i should get ? prices ? and approx power gains/bhp after this ??

thanks Lee
Old 28 January 2010, 12:35 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You cannot remap 97 or 98 model year cars unless you have an aftermarket ecu, which one you want is up to you, I would bin the vf22 though and dependoing on what power levels your after (gearbox and clutch will suffer and engine internals are good for around 350bhp) is up to you (I would look at replacing the crap 2 pot brakes too).

Tony

T
Old 28 January 2010, 12:40 AM
leerev
Scooby Regular

yeah defo replacing the brakes,
why bin the vf22 ???
Old 28 January 2010, 01:16 AM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

Whats wrong with the VF22 Tony?

As for an ECU id go for a Apexi as a basic aftermarket ECU. Still going to cost around £800 though unless you find one second hand
Old 28 January 2010, 02:22 AM
Noris8322
Scooby Regular

The Simtek gets my vote as you can loose the air flow meter, also if im correct the latest update is active knock correction (please correct me if im wrong)

Also I think the Apexi isnt avaliable new any more

Check out www.jollygreenmonster.co.uk for prices and technical advice

Last edited by Noris8322; 28 January 2010 at 02:24 AM.
Old 28 January 2010, 07:19 AM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

Vf 22 is a standard turbo on 97 wrx and is good for 350bhp plus.
Old 31 January 2010, 09:43 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi guys all help welcome

ive got a 97 wrx import,
mods ; VF22 turbo, Walbro fuel pump, Full de cat

obviously wanting to get car mapped now, was originally thinkin bout gettin simtek but not fancys spending around the £1k, spoke to someone at scoobyclinic and they said around £600 for there remap

any ideas on which kind of map i should get ? prices ? and approx power gains/bhp after this ??

thanks Lee
1. If you want to know about a remap from Scooby Clinic on a 97 car for £600 there is just a possibility that Scooby Clinic will know more about their own business and what they plan to do by way of remap than the pundits on here so it might be adviseable to address your question to Scooby Clinic.
2. I am not aware that the 97/98 ECU can be mapped but it can be chipped but that is best avoided.
3. Yes the Simtek will set you back £800 plus VAT but it is a very capable ECU and unlike some other ECUs it does not need to be run in conjunction with a boost controller.
If you are interested in a Simtek email Bob Rawle bob.rawle@btinternet.com .
4. The VF22 was capable of performing to 350 bhp if all the supporting mods were complimentary and done properly. However, of all the VF series the VF22 was the most delicate so don't over speed it or take it beyond the envelope where it is happy.
5. If you want a Simtek fitted and mapped we have Bob Rawle here in Darlington 20 and 21 March but first I would check out what you are being offered for £600 from Scooby Clinic. It may well be an Apexi Power FC but these are a much lesser ECU than the Simtek and don't have a comprehensive mappable boost control.

Trending Topics

Old 31 January 2010, 08:28 PM
dooda
Scooby Regular

Hi i wondered if any one can help me as i am having a remap issue myself, my 96 wrx sti has loads of mods like a straight throw exhaust upgraded fuel pump bigger injectors bigger turbo etc etc, but i was running it with the standard ecu with a plug n play chip i bought of ebay. it was only when i upgraded my fuel rails and fuel lines to dash 6 i melted my pistons.

after fixing the piston and rings etc £2000 with extreme scoobys i allso asked them to remap or something and they said they could remap the current chip i am using, is this possible if so how because they wont be able to do live mapping not unless using a mutifit ecu and then rewriting the chip IS THIS POSSIBLE ?

Also when i changed my fuel lines i put them parrell fueling so the fuel feeds the front of the engine and returns through the back of the injectors, can any offer some advice??
Old 31 January 2010, 08:45 PM
dooda
Scooby Regular

Subaru ECU Remapping / Tuning @ RaceDynamix | UK | Mobile Subaru Remapping & ECU Tuning
Old 01 February 2010, 10:27 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

93-96 cars can be ESL mapped by Dynamix, Bob Rawle and others. This facility is not availabe for 97-98.
It soulnds like you have the parrallel fuel rails set up properly but without inspecting what you have done it is not possible to comment further. Obviously if you do not get your car mapped chances are you wiill melt another piston.
Old 02 February 2010, 08:02 AM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As said the 97-97 ecu isnt mappable.

I'd fit a Simtek over an Apexi (with stand alone boost controller that would be needed) as the boost control and ability to fine tune the performance is spot on before you get into the switcheable maps and toys such as anti lag and launch control...

Simtek works at at very similar costs to apexi + avcr and my first hand experience of these would say it is worth buying the right option rather than going for the apexi and possibly having to change again later.
Old 02 February 2010, 04:50 PM
Stoff1
Scooby Regular

Im so happy you can re map a 1995 ecu i thought i was buggered