Sponsored by:

Hawkeye seats - difference between WRX and STI

Search this Thread

Old 30 December 2009, 09:41 PM
mikeybhoy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawkeye seats - difference between WRX and STI

Can anyone tell me the difference between the standard Hawkeye WRX seats and the hawkeye STI seats. Is it just the colour/material thats different or is it a different seat altogether?
Also, will the blue bugeye and blobeye sti seats bolt straight into a hawkeye WRX without mods?
Thanks
Old 30 December 2009, 11:38 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

I think the hawkeye sti seats are basically same as wrx seats apart from trim as they have airbags, the bugeye and blobeye seats ar far better in my opinion as they are more comfortable and tighter fit. I fitted euro import wrx seats in my uk car, they are baically as per blob sti seats but in wrx material. I then get the better comfort as per sti seats but no need to change the rest of the trim. Some say that bug sti seats are beter than the blb ones, but I have never compared them for fit or comfort, although they are easy to spot as they dont have the raised section in black at the front of the seat base. Hope this helps.
Old 31 December 2009, 10:22 AM
Mikkel
Scooby Regular

Yes, I believe they are the same as I have a STi Spec D and they get the leather seats out of the WRX SL as standard.

They are ok but not the tightest fitting seat ever made and unless you are a fat yank you tend to slide around a bit at times. I'll be putting some leather Recaros in when I have the funds, if I don't sell it first that is.
Old 31 December 2009, 10:32 AM
scoobiewrx555
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have a seat that you slide about in try a CG lock.

I have them fitted in my Jag both for myself and my passenger as per my WRX wagon.

With leather seats it's often difficult to stop yourself sliding around even when driving normally around town so the CG Lock just keeps your seatbelt clamped in place across your lap so you can just concentrate on the driving.

I wouldn't ever not have one in any car i own and it's much more convenient than a harness!!

Last edited by scoobiewrx555; 31 December 2009 at 10:33 AM.