Sponsored by:

Car suddenly will not un-Alarm & Immobilize - Help required

Search this Thread

Old 23 December 2009, 02:58 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Car suddenly will not un-Alarm & Immobilize - Help required

Hello I have changed my key fob batteries last week for 2 x new Sony CR2025 batteries and today my car will not un-arm, hence the alarm keeps going off and I can not obviously get the car to un-immobilise.

The key fob lights up but nothing seems to happen, any suggestions.

Thanks
Rob

Old 23 December 2009, 03:01 PM
krisando
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem every time i change the batteries, i usually leave it a while, fiddle about with the key in the locks, keep pressing the remote, hit somthing, wait again, then when im about to ring the breakdown, it starts. they are very temperamental.
Old 23 December 2009, 04:13 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by krisando
I have the same problem every time i change the batteries, i usually leave it a while, fiddle about with the key in the locks, keep pressing the remote, hit somthing, wait again, then when im about to ring the breakdown, it starts. they are very temperamental.
Thanks, I have found the 4 digit code, so i will attempt this later today. If this fails i will ring sigma to get a new code etc.
Old 23 December 2009, 06:08 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by UK300 PRODRIVE
Thanks, I have found the 4 digit code, so i will attempt this later today. If this fails i will ring sigma to get a new code etc.

if the code does not work email sigma sam on SIDC if you are really really stuck on i can offer temporary advice by PM but only because i know you
Old 23 December 2009, 06:20 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

I know it sounds daft but i had the same problem and it turn out to be the car battery was flat and the alarm is designed to keep going off if there is no power(it has a battery back up).

Last edited by richie001; 23 December 2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 23 December 2009, 06:26 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

It may need re-programming.
Go on Scoobypedia as there is a guide on there.
Old 23 December 2009, 09:36 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by my94wrx
if the code does not work email sigma sam on SIDC if you are really really stuck on i can offer temporary advice by PM but only because i know you
Hiya mate thanks for this, i will try and do a legit fix, but if it fails i may be calling you .

Hope I can just get it fixed with the four digit code: So on this method, I will be unlocking the car with the key and upon opening the car door the alram will go off, do i then just key in the four digit code with the alram going off? will it then unaram the car?

Rob

Trending Topics

Old 23 December 2009, 09:37 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bob r
It may need re-programming.
Go on Scoobypedia as there is a guide on there.
Will take a look thanks
Old 23 December 2009, 09:38 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richie001
I know it sounds daft but i had the same problem and it turn out to be the car battery was flat and the alarm is designed to keep going off if there is no power(it has a battery back up).
So i could open the door (alram goes off), the bonnet and try putting jump leads on and then try the key fob?

Rob
Old 23 December 2009, 09:49 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by my94wrx
Looked at the SIDC thread and im not in a situation to try this as i can not follw the steps 'alarm then un alram' the car to re-programme as i can not get the fob to work at all!!!!
Old 23 December 2009, 10:12 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

Looked at the SIDC thread and im not in a situation to try this as i can not follw the steps 'alarm then un alram' the car to re-programme as i can not get the fob to work at all!!!!
yhpm
Old 23 December 2009, 10:31 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

So i could open the door (alram goes off), the bonnet and try putting jump leads on and then try the key fob?

Rob
If it's the battery then yes.this happen to me at 5:30am and i couldn't turn the alarm off and it kept going off and i had some unhappy neighbors.I rung the local Subaru dealer who explain to me what he thought the problem was(by the way the 4 digit code doesn't work if its the battery)and he was right it was the battery so my brother use his company van to jump start the car so i turn the alarm off and i had to buy a new battery.

If this help i posted in a thread for advice from Sigma Sam on the SIDC site after and this is his reply

HI SS,
I got a MY05 STi Type UK and had a little problem with my car.What has happen is that the alternator is faulty and the battery went flat causing the alarm to go off at 5:30 and i couldn't disarm the alarm with the key fob or the override code so i disconnect the battery.I got home from work and reconnected the battery(not knowing that the alternator was faulty and i had a flat battery) and the alarm kept going off even with the battery disconnect so i rang my local dealer who told me that the battery was flat and the only way to disarm the alarm is is to get power back to the car because the alarm cannot be disarmed with a flat battery.I got a jump start and everything seem fine apart from having to pay to get a new alternator and battery.

My question is the dealer right that you cannot disarm the alarm if the battery is flat or by disconnecting the battery(he said that the alarm is designed to go off if there is a power drain) and is there away round this so next time i don't have upset neighbour's complaining about the alarm keep going off.

His reply

Hi,
The dealer is correct.
The alarm system is just like any other electronic component on the vehicle and needs the vehicle's battery power in order for it to operate and switch between armed and disarmed modes. Without power:
A. The radio receiver in the alarm unit will not function in order to disarm from the remote
B. The keypad will not operate to disarm using the PIN

The siren has a built in power supply, but this is only to enable the siren to continue to sound in the event that the vehicle's power is cut when the alarm is in an armed state. The siren's built in power supply does not allow the alarm system to continue to function.
In the situation you describe above, the alarm itself has not been triggered, it is just the siren's built-in power supply that has kicked in as the system was in an armed state when the battery voltage dropped below the required level. The only way to stop the siren sounding in this event is to re-introduce a 12v supply which will stop the siren sounding and will also allow the alarm to be disarmed using either the remote or keypad. Once disarmed the temporary 12v supply can be removed and the siren will not sound if the system is still in a disarmed state.

Help this helps.

Last edited by richie001; 23 December 2009 at 10:51 PM.
Old 24 December 2009, 07:13 AM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

If it's the battery then yes.this happen to me at 5:30am and i couldn't turn the alarm off and it kept going off and i had some unhappy neighbors.I rung the local Subaru dealer who explain to me what he thought the problem was(by the way the 4 digit code doesn't work if its the battery)and he was right it was the battery so my brother use his company van to jump start the car so i turn the alarm off and i had to buy a new battery.

If this help i posted in a thread for advice from Sigma Sam on the SIDC site after and this is his reply .
Thanks pal, I have emailed SS.

The funny thing is:

I was out in the car all morning driving and dropping off xmas presents and the old frustrational asda trip.

So the car started fine each time when i got back in it.

Then once i got home at around 12:00 noon, i parked the car up and left it unlocked to put stuff in the boot (Exhaust pieces ive just sold) I didnt lock the car and I went back in the house.

At 12:40 i went back to the car to go to work and i pressed the keyfob, the car then Armed (as you would expect as i forgot to arm it earlier) so i then pressed the button instantly afterwards to unarm it and nothing happened.

I then ran round the car prssesing the button like we all have in the past to no avail.

I went back in the house and tried some old CR2025 battries (that i took out of this keyfob last week) which also didnt work.

So running late for work i jumped in the mrs's car and here we are now.......

Being a little angry at the time I must say if i hadnt spent around 3-4k on the car in the last 6months i would quite easily sell her!!! Anyway in the Xmas spirit of things i have since calmed down and read all the advise so i will persist.

My point of attack:
  1. Try my jump pack on the car to see if i can revive the power
  2. Try the four digit code
  3. Strike the car with a large spiky tree branch in good old Fawlty towers stylie!
  4. Await Sigma Sam's reply via SIDC
  5. Ring a Sigma dealer and get the job sorted by a pro
Old 24 December 2009, 03:15 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Default SORTED

Thanks all for the input, but in the end Ian (Sigma Sam) sorted me out .

This was realatively simple to resolve once he explain the possible reasons for the failure. TOP MARKS to Ian!

Thanks again
Rob
Old 24 December 2009, 03:38 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

Nice to hear you sorted it,whats was wrong mate.
Old 24 December 2009, 03:52 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Nice to hear you sorted it,whats was wrong mate.
In brief, the car had lost the communication to the keyfob which is generally because off another interference, ie a TV Topset box that has broken and lost the correct signal in hertz, and as the topset boxes run at 220-240v and our keyfobs run at 3v its an easy target.

So once i gave Ian my serial number he Gave me the master code to sort it, and then i followed some basic steps to re-identify my keyfob - JOB SORTED