Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 14 December 2009, 10:44 PM
the_big_1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise Control

Hi all,

Just a heads up, I am a electrical engineer working at an OEM so not aewbie on car wiring or diagrams, infact, I draw new diagrams lol
Just a quick question, the 2006 impreza STI diagrams show the cruise control wiring etc, the parts list doesnt show any diffrence in parts between cars with or without cruise control, Only the joystick. Anyone know any diffrence why fitting the joystick wouldnt give us cruise control?
Old 15 December 2009, 04:40 PM
Mark'sWRX
Scooby Regular

This came up a while ago and a couple of guys spent months researching part nos and wiring diagrams only to find it was more trouble than it was worth.

One even went to the USA where is is std fitment to source parts, but IIRC needed a new ECU and wiring loom to do the job correctly, which was mega £££s.
Old 15 December 2009, 05:39 PM
the_big_1
Scooby Regular

Hi ya,

what year car where they dealing with? From the wiring diagrams I have, there is only the engine ECU which is obviously already there and from the online parts lists, I can only find the extr switch as any differance between with cruise and without and this is based on EU cars.
Old 15 December 2009, 08:11 PM
Pete N
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hiya,
Check out this thread, lots of info:

https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-o...impreza-4.html

Basically the UK cars don't have the wiring for cruise. For instance there isn't the wiring in the steering wheel to plug the cruise stalk into...

In the end I got a kit from Conrad Anderson, not cheap but works great. Dead easy to install as the 06 has a fly by wire throttle. They don't seem to sell the control stalk I got any more, which is a shame as most of the ones they sell now are hideous!

Aftermarket Cruise Control Kits | Conrad Anderson UK

As extravagant as it sounds in the post above I didn't go to the US specially to check out cruise! I was there for something else!

Pete.
Old 15 December 2009, 08:36 PM
the_big_1
Scooby Regular

I will do sniffing around the car this weekend. Its a simple test realy, go straight to engine ECU, Ign power to pin 12 then power on to pin 24 once the car is above say 30mph. (All through test lamp to prevent ECU Damage) If the car holds at 30mph, its a case of checking is the wires there and if so, where do they finish. Once thats proven or dissproven etc, from this its a case of do we fit the right stalk or a simple dash switch.
Will let you guys know
Old 16 December 2009, 04:57 PM
Mark'sWRX
Scooby Regular

That was the thread I was referring to. It was over 2 years ago, so I'm not surprised I forgot the specifics!

Pete: I actually did think you went the US just for that, LOL!