Sponsored by:

CAR GEEKS "Get round this" ??

Search this Thread

Old 08 December 2009, 02:22 PM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAR GEEKS "Get round this" ??

Right peeps my company is having this bullsh1te Greenroad stuff fitted to see what we are up to and I for 1 is well against it!

There is always a way round things so anyone had any experience with this or know a way to turn it off or safe mode it so it don't work ?

Greenroad
Old 08 December 2009, 02:37 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd hazzard a guess that "interfering with it" would be classed as gross misconduct and most probably a sackable offence.
Old 08 December 2009, 02:37 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

You are asking us how to help you damage or otherwise circumvent your employer's property?

In the current economic climate, some might suggest that it would be better to be happy about still having being employed than quibbling about a development like this. If this is going into a company vehicle, and you drive safely and responsibly while carrying out your work, why do you care about it?

If you want to switch it off the obvious answer would be to get a different job.
Old 08 December 2009, 02:40 PM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

You bunch of doo gooders! I am asking how to turn the thing off while I am driving not damage it! Or jam it so it don't work until it gets switched back on!

Sackable offence! Hmmm let's see..... Yep your right but only if they find out!

Oh, I like this job BTW

Last edited by cossie-nutter; 08 December 2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 08 December 2009, 02:44 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

You're a bit thick, aren't you? Let's think this one through.

First of all, you don't think the makers of this kit design it so it is protected against numpties trying to disable it?

Secondly, if you did manage to "switch it off", the net result of that is that on a day you were supposed to be working, your employer will look at the data and think you were sat on your **** all day not going anywhere. So from that they'll either knoow you've switched it off or sack you for being a lazy c**t.

Get it now?
Old 08 December 2009, 02:46 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Your safe now dude

Old 08 December 2009, 03:12 PM
Pavlo
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just go with the flow and get paid just as much. Liven up your driving experience by trying it blindfolded or with one or both hands incapacitated.

Trending Topics

Old 08 December 2009, 03:21 PM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner.co.uk Plymouth Dyno Dynamics RR Engine machining and building EcuTek SimTek mapping

Originally Posted by Pavlo
Just go with the flow and get paid just as much. Liven up your driving experience by trying it blindfolded or with one or both hands incapacitated.
Like everybody else does..
Old 08 December 2009, 03:23 PM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
Your safe now dude

..I might try that...
Old 08 December 2009, 03:27 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pavlo
Excellent ideas. Or you could attach a magazine holder to the steering wheel and read the paper as you mosey gently down the road.

Incidentally, Cossie Nutter, is the grammatical error in your avatar an intentional attempt at irony, or... the product of someone who can't use apostrophes?
Old 08 December 2009, 04:25 PM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Splitpin
You're a bit thick, aren't you? Let's think this one through.

First of all, you don't think the makers of this kit design it so it is protected against numpties trying to disable it?

Secondly, if you did manage to "switch it off", the net result of that is that on a day you were supposed to be working, your employer will look at the data and think you were sat on your **** all day not going anywhere. So from that they'll either knoow you've switched it off or sack you for being a lazy c**t.

Get it now?
Only as thick as you mom!

I bet your the pride of you local Sunday morning church parade!

You don't know my company or my situation,

Yes that company probably did find a way to make it secure but then thats a challenge to people to crack it! Abit like a Gatso Speed Camera and then But a sat nav or Road Angle to tell you where they are!!!

Last edited by cossie-nutter; 08 December 2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08 December 2009, 04:27 PM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
Your safe now dude

LMFAO!!!!
Old 08 December 2009, 04:53 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cossie-nutter
You don't know my company or my situation,
Because you didn't tell us. If there was more information available to you that might have affected our responses, you should have posted it. You posted on here asking for opinions, not our fault if you don't like them.

Yes that company probably did find a way to make it secure but then thats a challenge to people to crack it!
As above, there is no point "cracking" it, or otherwise trying to switch it off, as your employer will, when he starts looking at the data from his fleet, suddenly realise that your mileage and usage profile is totally unlike any of his other employees. Thereby he will pull you on the carpet and threaten you with a disciplinary/warning/sack for doing sod all, at which point you will fess up that you'd switched the black box off, and he'll sack you for tinkering with company property. That's the point, there's no point trying to defeat it because either way, you're screwed. If you don't get that then there's no hope for you.

If you thought it through you'd realise there would be moments you could use it to advantage - e.g. "I just couldn't make that delivery boss, look at my download, you can see I couldn't drive any faster....".

Abit like a Gatso Speed Camera and then But a sat nav or Road Angle to tell you where they are!!!
Road Angel. Which brings us back to your avatar; "Were Full **** Off". Deliberate or illiterate?
Old 08 December 2009, 04:57 PM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

Because you didn't tell us. If there was more information available to you that might have affected our responses, you should have posted it. You posted on here asking for opinions, not our fault if you don't like them.

As above, there is no point "cracking" it, or otherwise trying to switch it off, as your employer will, when he starts looking at the data from his fleet, suddenly realise that your mileage and usage profile is totally unlike any of his other employees. Thereby he will pull you on the carpet and threaten you with a disciplinary/warning/sack for doing sod all, at which point you will fess up that you'd switched the black box off, and he'll sack you for tinkering with company property. That's the point, there's no point trying to defeat it because either way, you're screwed. If you don't get that then there's no hope for you.

If you thought it through you'd realise there would be moments you could use it to advantage - e.g. "I just couldn't make that delivery boss, look at my download, you can see I couldn't drive any faster....".

Road Angel. Which brings us back to your avatar; "Were Full **** Off". Deliberate or illiterate?

LOL I am no courier and as for my avatar it had to be changed due to swearing by the mods! Whoops I made a spelling mistake! I better confess on Sunaday!
Old 08 December 2009, 05:04 PM
phil739
Scooby Regular

not sure if green road is a gps device as cant be bothered to read the link

but if it is maybe one of these type of things
would do the job
GPS Jammer, Wifi Blocker, Mobile Phone Jammer Wholesaler | TAYX

if not i will get my coat ..lol
Old 08 December 2009, 05:21 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Incidentally, Cossie Nutter, is the grammatical error in your avatar an intentional attempt at irony, or... the product of someone who can't use apostrophes?
You have to admit, it's a good one.

JohnD
Old 08 December 2009, 05:24 PM
tkws5606
Scooby Regular

Not that sure you would get sacked the chances are this system is being fitted to save on insurance not to stop you driving like a gimp.
Truck drivers have been f##king with tachographs and speed limiters for years.
Old 08 December 2009, 05:34 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by phil739
not sure if green road is a gps device as cant be bothered to read the link

would do the job

if not i will get my coat ..lol
If road pricing comes in, these people will make an absolute fortune!
(Check out the text on that site - it's hilarious!)

JohnD

Last edited by JohnD; 08 December 2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 08 December 2009, 05:44 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JohnD
(Check out the text on that site - it's hilarious!)
Good grief.

"Tayx Ltd is specelized in research and provide comprehensive solutions for fit to coetaneous life style. You can find a lot of exclusive products from our online stre."

Hey CN, you're not their webmaster, are you?
Old 08 December 2009, 06:36 PM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

Good grief.

"Tayx Ltd is specelized in research and provide comprehensive solutions for fit to coetaneous life style. You can find a lot of exclusive products from our online stre."

Hey CN, you're not their webmaster, are you?

I couldn't put my finger on it before with your smugness but Ive sussed it! You was Defiantly Abused by your father as a Child!
Old 08 December 2009, 07:01 PM
scoobykev1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cossie-nutter
I couldn't put my finger on it before with your smugness but Ive sussed it! You was Defiantly Abused by your father as a Child!

I think your right cossie-nutter, he's definitely showing signs of having been touched in inappropriate places as young child.

Where else would this built up anger and aggression come from??

Splitpin- take a chill pill mate, it was only a harmless question
Old 08 December 2009, 07:19 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

I'd rather not have to start deleting the bitch-posts so could we keep this on topic without the mutual insults?

CN - the very first post gave you your answer: if you try to stop the device recording, it IS classed as Gross Misconduct and you will be sacked.

Sorry mate, but you are paid to do a job and they own the car you're driving. They have every right to know where it is and what it is doing. For your own sake, I'd recommend leaving it well alone and leave the rev limit bouncing to your own car.
Old 08 December 2009, 07:53 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobykev1
Where else would this built up anger and aggression come from??
Dude, there's no aggression or anger anywhere in my posts. And, your willingness to join in with an individual trying to use the subject of child abuse to try and make a point I'm afraid says far more about you than anything else. If you need to go that low, it doesn't say much about the quality of your argument, does it?

Splitpin- take a chill pill mate, it was only a harmless question
It was a question that the OP got a perfectly correct and straight answer to at the outset. He might not like that answer, but the precedents for this sort of thing have already been set. Fact is that proceeding down the route he was planning would be likely to end with him looking for a new job, and, as mentioned, no amount of fiddling would mask his activity from his employers.

As such, the advice he was given was more in his interests than anything else that could have been said. If he wasn't prepared for this answer then he shouldn't have asked the question.
Old 08 December 2009, 07:56 PM
al02uk
Scooby Regular

I fitted similar devices to our lorries and sales reps cars.

They all plumb into the vehicle canbus interface, the boxes are fitted behind the dash and send a signal if the "black box" is tampered with.

I think they are great, they sound an alarm in the car if it goes over 80mph and also tells us if the driver has his/her seatbelt on. It even tells us when the oil light comes on.

The sales reps are more productive now too
Old 08 December 2009, 08:03 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i wouldnt be bothered if these were fitted, i mean,if you can only do,dont know your job so i`ll guess, 10 deliveries because of speed restrictions and all the right driving styles that restrict flow then so be it, if you can only do, another guess, 10 appointments then so be it,the companies loss not yours.

if your hours are 8-5 then so be it, if you do not do all you should in the day because of their imposed restrictions via this device,so be it !

i never used to drive above 70 on the m/way and the other guys were like, i can get to taunton is 2 hrs, like it made their c0ks bigger,so could i if i wanted to but in a comapny car,nah,rather get points for proper speeding on the bike than 90 in a 70 on the m/way during work hrs
Old 08 December 2009, 08:48 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

is it a gps or gsm system?
Old 08 December 2009, 09:10 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by phil739

would do the job
Very Very popular in car thieving buisness should be made illegal with a $65 dollar portable device and 50ft away your car security system will be blinded and have its troat cut
Old 08 December 2009, 11:58 PM
Bealescooby
Scooby Regular

our company vans have Telemetry fitted and has been for the last 3 yrs
it tells em everything when the door was opened ,which 1 ,speed ,revs at gear changes ,how hard ur braking was
just got used to it now and it's great when we get rental vans as then u can have a bit of fun