Sponsored by:

JAM performance - Con artists

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2009, 07:09 PM
nrcrobbo
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JAM performance - Con artists

if anyone comes across JAM performance AKA JAMM performance. DO NOT deal with them. they are a bunch of con artists. paid for an apexi power FC 2 weeks ago and when i ring i get the old "we will ring u back when we find where your parcel is" etc etc anyway im now not actually going to receive what ive paid for after 2 weeks of ringing everyday to get answers

i bought the item from ebay and when it didnt come through i got given an 0208 number they had used to register to ebay... seems that number belongs to a carpet shop... hmmmmmm they have now closed their ebay shop but i believe still have theyre garage open

Jam Performance Ltd
154 Mount Pleasant
Wembley Middlesex
HA0 1NR
08456 809 756

id urge everyone to be careful, even though i paid through paypal who knows if ill get my money back theyve made nearly 700 quid for what i though was a legit deal.

now i know they are registered to this site and it seems theyve had a good review or two https://www.scoobynet.com/southern-e...nw-london.html
but PLEASE compare that to my thread on skyline owners JAM performance - con artists - Skyline Owners Forum and you will see other people have been in the same boat!

anyway thanks for reading
Old 03 December 2009, 07:43 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Top bloke for giving everyone the heads up mate. You should be able to reclaw your mone back via your card company or ebay. The address looks residential to me so i assume they know someone there in order to get there mail and ebay/paypal key if they have address verification.
Old 03 December 2009, 09:03 PM
pikeywrx
Scooby Regular

When ever i have used paypal for anything over 200 iv had to wieght for buyer to leave positive feedback before iv recieved funds? hopefully its sae for you mate then you might get cash back quicker
Old 03 December 2009, 09:34 PM
nrcrobbo
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by juggers
Top bloke for giving everyone the heads up mate. You should be able to reclaw your mone back via your card company or ebay. The address looks residential to me so i assume they know someone there in order to get there mail and ebay/paypal key if they have address verification.
anything i can do to stop them conning other people im doing. i found out on here theyve got pics up of their garage, even though they own and work at a garage theyve still managed to con me and others!

Originally Posted by pikeywrx
When ever i have used paypal for anything over 200 iv had to wieght for buyer to leave positive feedback before iv recieved funds? hopefully its sae for you mate then you might get cash back quicker
never heard of that, i only use paypal for use with ebay and normally its send the money then they will send the item which in this case hasnt happened. worst thing was they somehow had a 100% feedback rating from 800 sales on ebay and have still conned me and others.
Old 04 December 2009, 10:02 AM
Jam Performance
Former Sponsor

Woah.

Thanks for contacting us Mr Robson!

Your ECU was en route today, and they tried delivering as well!!

We have just refunded you, and it would have been better if you actually contacted us prior to jumping to conclusions.

Our ebay shop has been closed as the costs were high, and there was no communication from alot of buyers via ebay.

We wouldn't have had 100% with over 800 individuals for no reason!

If we were con-artists would we really have tested your ECU for you prior to sending it out?

Would we have refunded you immediately??

Your ECU has now been recalled back from the couriers, and if you did have the patience of a few more hours would have been with you this morning.

Last edited by Jam Performance; 04 December 2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old 04 December 2009, 11:25 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pikeywrx
**** me - Telboy will have a field day with that post
Old 04 December 2009, 01:49 PM
Jekyl
Scooby Regular

Well glad i sat back & watched this 1. I had actually waited pretty much over a month for an intercooler & HKS bov from a seperate seller & thought to just wait it out as some items especially when sourced from elsewhere I would have expected to take time to arrive so if I end receiving early consider a bonus?
Old 04 December 2009, 02:38 PM
scixer6r
Scooby Regular

Here we go again lmhaoIts your turn nrcrobbo
Old 04 December 2009, 03:40 PM
nrcrobbo
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Jam Performance
Woah.

Thanks for contacting us Mr Robson!

Your ECU was en route today, and they tried delivering as well!!

We have just refunded you, and it would have been better if you actually contacted us prior to jumping to conclusions.

Our ebay shop has been closed as the costs were high, and there was no communication from alot of buyers via ebay.

We wouldn't have had 100% with over 800 individuals for no reason!

If we were con-artists would we really have tested your ECU for you prior to sending it out?

Would we have refunded you immediately??

Your ECU has now been recalled back from the couriers, and if you did have the patience of a few more hours would have been with you this morning.
yes it seems you have refunded me, could that be because i set up a dispute with paypal and also threatened police action? hmmm maybe so

yes Amir sounded very apologetic on the phone and explained everything but it was not a case of waiting a few more hours, i had waited two weeks and never had a straight answer other than "i will get back to you in an hour" which never happened. whats the point of having your phone number if no one answers the phone?

i started this thread to warn others and the way it seemed to me for 2 whole weeks was i was getting scammed. i meen your service must be bad if i thought i was getting scammed

as for the jumping to conclusions, i believe anyone in my position, who bought something from ebay only to find the next day they were no longer a registered ebay user, and then to have an email from ebay (MC139 alert) that they have been monitoring activity from that account would find that suspicious!

one more thing, why would you sell something with a delivery time of 3-5 days to then send it out to get tested which took a week? surely it should have been tested before you advertised the item?
Old 04 December 2009, 04:49 PM
scixer6r
Scooby Regular

Ding Ding round two.
Old 04 December 2009, 06:22 PM
amego
Scooby Regular

robbo does have a point
Old 04 December 2009, 09:16 PM
mantazini
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nrcrobbo

now i know they are registered to this site and it seems theyve had a good review or two https://www.scoobynet.com/southern-e...nw-london.html

anyway thanks for reading
The end of that ^^^ story was negative as well, someone had to re do some joby after visiting them ...... no one gonna see me there....
Old 11 January 2010, 01:26 PM
derek cini
Scooby Newbie

IMPORTANT!!!!!!

TO ALL INTERNET BUYERS.

JAM PERFORMANCE ARE SCAM.
I AM TAKING FULL RESPONSABILITY IN SAYING THAT THEY ARE SCAM AND THAT THEY DO NOT RESPOND TO YOUR E-MAILS AND NEVER SEND THE PARTS ORDERED .

in september i paid for and blitz induction kit for toyota celica and today the 11th of january 2010 i have not received it yet. jam performance sent me 2 e-mails saying that the kit is going to be in stock in 15 days time but i never received the kit.

IF JAM PERFORMANCE ARE READING THIS E-MAIL CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY ON derekcini@gmail.com.

IF I DON'T HAVE A REPLY IN 5 DAYS TIME THE MALTESE POLICE WILL CONTACT THE UK POLICE AND THEY WILL DEAL WITH YOU COMPANY.
Old 11 January 2010, 01:41 PM
rifleman
Scooby Regular

why is ebay full of ***** that want to rip people off???
if you paid £700 for an apexi fc kit then thats a brand new price so why has it got to be sent away to be tested???
sounds a load of b*ll*cks to me.
last time i got ripped off was a company in kent.they didnt bank on me having family in ment and turned up at there industrial unit and had polite word with bloke who had gobbed off to me over the phone telling me he would give me a slap if i was stood in front of him......changed his tune when he had a very p*ssed off squaddie in front of him.ha ha.
Old 11 January 2010, 02:22 PM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

its not just people on ebay that are ripping others off,its happening more and more everywere nowadays.its sickening to think that you have to work your bo**ocks off to earn the money to buy these parts,just for some clown to take that money and do a runner.
Old 11 January 2010, 04:04 PM
rifleman
Scooby Regular

sod it just go round to their business and give them a slap.....
Old 11 January 2010, 04:23 PM
scubbay
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nrcrobbo
yes it seems you have refunded me, could that be because i set up a dispute with paypal and also threatened police action? hmmm maybe so

yes Amir sounded very apologetic on the phone and explained everything but it was not a case of waiting a few more hours, i had waited two weeks and never had a straight answer other than "i will get back to you in an hour" which never happened. whats the point of having your phone number if no one answers the phone?

i started this thread to warn others and the way it seemed to me for 2 whole weeks was i was getting scammed. i meen your service must be bad if i thought i was getting scammed

as for the jumping to conclusions, i believe anyone in my position, who bought something from ebay only to find the next day they were no longer a registered ebay user, and then to have an email from ebay (MC139 alert) that they have been monitoring activity from that account would find that suspicious!

one more thing, why would you sell something with a delivery time of 3-5 days to then send it out to get tested which took a week? surely it should have been tested before you advertised the item?

MC319 alert is used for suspected shill bidding
Old 11 January 2010, 08:07 PM
KAS35RSTI
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Ive bought from Jam performance before & no problems at all. I bought a oil cooler from them which i collected & it did not have the sandwich plate, so they offered to deliver it next day for free.

Top lads & top service.

P.S "scammers" is not the way they should be described...have you seen the size of there workshop & the cars they work on...

Last edited by KAS35RSTI; 11 January 2010 at 08:15 PM.
Old 11 January 2010, 08:15 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They are probably going through hard times, he did mention the shop had to be taken down due to costs. Doesn't excuse poor service like that though.
Old 11 January 2010, 08:41 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i work for a 210million pound a year turnover company all based on customer service i would be on the dole now if i promised to resolve a cusomers issue/problem and didnt ring em back , you might think you are saving a few quid on ebay and the net . but if you must use the top notch companies rcm/scoobyworld etc never had any probs from either of these , perhaps a list of GOOD GUYS COMPANIES on here updated every week would be a good idea
Old 11 January 2010, 10:54 PM
jimes
Scooby Regular

got my power fc from jam, wasnt lightening delivery but they answered my calls etc seemed like good lads