Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

at least dick turpin wore a mask!

Search this Thread

Old 30 November 2009, 08:08 PM
the watchman
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Default at least dick turpin wore a mask!

got back from holiday early sunday morning phoned bcp so they could bring the car to the airport for a quick getaway only to be told "sorry sir your car will not start we will pick you up bring you back here to see if you can start it - it seems to be an alarm problem"
got to bcp to find key fob will not open the doors or anything. opened the door with the key - the alarm did not sound - tried to turn the car over nothing doing. after several goes i was advised to phone the aa (good job i,m a member) mr aa man duly arrives and finds the problem straight away. the key fob button had fallen to bits on the inside. aa man then says switch your ignition again and a sly smile crosses his face
hang on a minute he says go to his van and comes back with a short length of wire opens the bonnet sticks his arm into the engine fiddles about a bit then hands me the other end of the wire - touch that onto the posative terminal of the battery i did and the engine started.
to cut a long story short phoned subaru about a replacement key: well they say its A+ vat for the key, B + vat for a recode & C + vat for a key solution kit (this changes a 2 button key into a single button) grand total

£250 + vat

this explains the title of the thread - i told them no thanks i,ll keep my length of wire just in case my spare key fails
Old 30 November 2009, 08:44 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

What year? A classic fob can be bought for 35 quid from subaru, and coded for nothing! But you should find out your pin code for the alarm, will save some trouble.

Edit, saw it you mentioned two button key, so newage. But you can still program the separate fob.

Last edited by joey_turbo; 30 November 2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01 December 2009, 07:03 AM
the watchman
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

dealer said he would reduce the cost if i recoded the key myself by £69.00 - still leaves the key costing about £180.