Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can someone explain this (sevice intervals)

Search this Thread

Old 17 March 2002, 07:28 PM
Active
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I have read all the threads on the extended sevice intervals from 7500 miles to 10,000. My GB (UK spec car) was delivered from Begium last week. The sevice handbook states 7,500 miles?.
I queried this with Subaru direct and they inform me that I must sevice the car according to the handbook despite it being a UK spec and not a grey import!. The service book states that the first service is due at 1600km or 3 months the second at 12,500km or 6 months can anyone explain?
Thks Bob
Old 17 March 2002, 07:38 PM
Yorkie
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

I asked my UK dealer about this yesterday (I collected my UK supplied car yesterday). All European imports will have to have servicing carried out as stipulated by the supplying country; all European vehicles have 7500 mile intervals. The other thing the Subaru dealer pointed out was that if a Euro import has a warranty claim, they have been told by IM to contact the supplying euro dealer to get permission to carry out the repair. Sounds like IM being bloody minded to me to try and make life for those who import as hard as possible [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] He also said that extra corrosion inhibitors were applied to UK cars over here - anyone else heard of this ?

Yorkie
Old 17 March 2002, 07:42 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

Your warranty is issued by Subaru in Belgium and so you must abide by their servicing terms, whatever these are, if you want them to pay for a claim. Strictly speaking you have been told the right thing - stick to the schedule in the service book. What has happened for the UK owners is that they have had their service books replaced since the announcement about the ammended service intervals. Subaru UK could not issue a new book for a european car so you need to take this up with the Belgian dealer that supplied the car.

That said, I'm sure someone on here will know whether you can obtain a new service book from Belgium and if so, how.
Old 17 March 2002, 08:21 PM
Active
Scooby Regular

Yorkie, I understand that UK cars are sprayed with Waxoil or something similar. I have used this in the past with excellent results and I intent to use it on this car also. For the sake of £17 or so and a mucky mornings work it`s got to be worth it.
Regards Bob
Old 17 March 2002, 09:30 PM
Yorkie
Scooby Regular

Active,

What with all the road salt that Nottinghamshire seem to throw down (needlessly at times) I would certainly apply the Waxoil if you intend to keep the car for a while. It'll be worth it in the end.

Yorkie

P.S.

I was in Retford town centre yesterday, good Market stall there does printer cartridges for £9 black and colour twin pack. I have an Epson Photo 750 and this price is superb The guy on the stall also knows his stuff ! I make a habit of going to Retford every couple of months just for the cheap cartridges !

[Edited by Yorkie - 3/17/2002 9:35:15 PM]
Old 18 March 2002, 08:22 AM
Active
Scooby Regular

Yep I go to that stall myself. Not a bad little market town keep eyes open 02 Bug eye ** ** WRX
Regards Bob
Old 18 March 2002, 07:33 PM
MowbrayWRX
Scooby Regular

Hello everyone this is my first post so be gentle.

Having bought my WRX 5 door in Jan this year I enquired about the service intervals which I had read that new Sabaru's have had their service intervals changed from 7500 to 10000 miles.
My dealer explained that when I take my car in for its next service they will send the service book away for it to be changed.

Hope this helps.

Trending Topics

Old 18 March 2002, 07:38 PM
Boxer
Scooby Regular

Just to confuse you more, my service intervals (Swiss) are once a year or 25,000km! Did my first service after a break in of 3000km As per dealer and service guide. Running fully synthetic oil.
Old 18 March 2002, 07:43 PM
Yorkie
Scooby Regular

MowbrayWRX - welcome aboard mate

Yorkie
Old 18 March 2002, 07:43 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Golden rule is - it depends on what intervals the importer fixes. For example, IM have decided on 10k, but Subaru Belgium and Holland still go by 7.5k. You have to abide by whatever intervals prevail in the country of origin.