Problem With Apexi Boost Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 23 November 2009, 04:40 PM
KINGTIGER
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem With Apexi Boost Gauge

Hi folks,
Ages back I was thinking of buying some prosport gauges Boost Gauge Oil Pressure and Oil Temp. But fitting them and wiring them put me off big style so never got round to it.

I've had my Subaru MY99 STI fro two years and have loved it. But noticed something new. Driving home other day, and my car is fitted with a apexi Boost Gauge (Already fitted when I brought my car from MIR Motors) and the backlight lit up blue but kept flickering of and on. Never knew it had a back light.

So I've took it to garage who said it could be a possible loose wiring (the needle lights up red still). If not need a new gauge.

Now I fI buy a prosport boost gauge would I still have to mess around with the wiring or can I use the vaccum hose which is connected to my Apexi Gauge

Thank you
Old 23 November 2009, 04:45 PM
Motion-Mx
Scooby Regular

The boost hose will swap straight over,and if you want the back light to work,you will also have to swap over the wires too,which really isn't a big job at all.

Here's a tutorial,

Boost Gauge Fitting Tutorial
Old 23 November 2009, 04:53 PM
KINGTIGER
Scooby Regular

Hey thanx will use this as a guide if I have to replace my gauge. I'm hoping its a dodgy connection on the earth. Me hopes. If it was though would the needle still light up
Old 23 November 2009, 10:42 PM
Motion-Mx
Scooby Regular

truth be know,I only fitted my boost gauge yesterday so I'm also new to this.

I'm not sure what the problem with yours is,maybe a dodgy connection,maybe a dodgy gauge? take it off and have a look.some more expensive gauges may have seperate terminals for the needle light,and the back light,but i'm not sure on thsi as I say,i'm also new to gauges.

for the small job it is,pop the gauge out and have a look at the back,the tutorial will guide you thru.

Ben,
Old 29 November 2009, 09:52 PM
KINGTIGER
Scooby Regular

I've had car in garage and they have said its the gauge which is faulty and as its a sealed unit can't be fixed.

So I'm gunna get a pro-sport gauge and also a oil pressure gauge. Now I think I've said it in a post already. But is them sandwhich plates that scoobyworld sells are they any good. Or where can I get a hose kit so I can fit the sensor in one of the blank ports on the engine.

Thanx