Sponsored by:

deposit on sti

Search this Thread

Old 16 March 2002, 03:31 PM
X SOOOBY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can anyone help i am in dispute with a dealer about a repair to my my00
I have a £1000.00 deposit on a sti to be delivered on the 1-9-02 long delay due to special factory order with the same dealers
so i wondered if i could threaten them with returning my deposit if they dont resolve the dispute about my my00
Old 16 March 2002, 03:44 PM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

X SOOOBY,
Deposits can always seem to be a sticky point. The dealer is oblidged to give you back your deposit unless they can prove that they have lost out financially by you cancelling

I can't see they would with an sti theyd sell those all day long

Better option would be to try to negotiate with them by saying

" I can't see the point in buying another car from you if you treat me like this"

take you business elsewhere theres lots of dealers looking for business but only so many people with £26000 to spend on an sti.

youre in the driving seat.

good luck

hawkeye
Old 16 March 2002, 03:54 PM
X SOOOBY
Scooby Regular

thanks for the reply hawkeye in this country we tend to keep quiet about things we try to be polite but we really have to put these dealers in there place after all we pay there wages
so i will be on the phone to them on monday with a rather firmer attitude
Old 16 March 2002, 04:10 PM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

Just relised by your comment of in the country, i hadn't got in my profile where i was from. posting to check its there.

Remember the customer is always right until proven wrong. Well it should be something like that. Why not explain to them that you want to saty loyal to them and it would be a shame for them to loose your business. Over a warranty claim which they don't have to pay for.

My wife has a Grand Cherokee, there was some vibration from the front under braking took it into the garage and they replaced discs and pads ALL ROUND so it shows they have some lee-way

once again best of luck

let me know how you get on

cheers

hawkeye

Old 16 March 2002, 06:06 PM
seejay555
Scooby Regular

Question

Did you sign anything when you paid the deposit over? If so, what does that say about refunds of the deposit?
Old 17 March 2002, 08:51 AM
X SOOOBY
Scooby Regular

that is part of the problem cant find the deposit form that is why i want to get my facts right before i go in moaning
Old 17 March 2002, 09:17 AM
NBW
Scooby Regular

Tell the dealer, in writing, that you're canceling the order and you want a full refund. Say it's because you have no confidence in their after sales service and you are going to reconsider your choice of vehicle and dealer.

When they refuse, ask for the MD's name, and write to him, threatening to contact IM and mention the possibility of legal action.

When he refuses, write to IM.

Subaru's sales are down 45%, the last thing they want to do is lose another sale.

Best of luck
Tim