ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Birdy Complains About Subaru in Car Mag

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2001, 07:38 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Anyone picked up this months car mag and seen a letter by Steve complaining about the write up his Nissan Skyline got.

He then goes on to cast doubt over the Impreza's build quality using Mr Bird as a witness.

No more track days for you my boy

Dont buy the mag just to read the letter. Looks like the truth hurts

Jonathan
Old 22 February 2001, 10:44 PM
ARRON BIRD
Scooby Regular

Wink

Nothin to hide M8 :
Old 22 February 2001, 11:16 PM
W9GTR
Scooby Regular

Johnathan
You obviously only look at the pictures and read between the lines.......
If you had bothered to read my literary masterpeice in the context it was intended then I would have hoped that you might have realised that it was not a "lets slag off the opposition" letter.....no no no my boy I was merely slating Car magazine for being so hypocritical and inconsistent in their PCOTY feature.
Fact. Last year the Skyline came out top of the 4 wheel drive contingent.(RB5,EVO6)
Fact. The Skyline was judged to be clearly the better drivers car when compared with the Audi RS4 in the July 2000 issue.
Fact. Car completely contridict this review in the PCOTY issue by judging the RS4 to be a better car than the Skyline
Truth hurts eh...well please inform what the truth is and I'll let you know...
Yes I will admit that I most certainly do not like being told that the car I read about 12 months ago that was hailed as the best all round Supercar in the world(Car Sept 99 issue)is really not even in the running after shelling out the best part of 60k not even a year later.The reference to Subaru was not questioning the build quality just pointing out that the interior of a UK Skyline is of superior quality when the mag suggested that it was no better, surely even the most die hard, look at the world through Scooby coloured glasses, would not argue with this point. I might add that I still love my car to bits and would not change it for anything at this moment but unfortunately contorversial features like thie issue in question just serve to provide dweebs like you with all the ammo you need to post a pointless thread on this board designed to be antagonistic

Cheers
Steve
Old 22 February 2001, 11:38 PM
harj
Scooby Regular

Jonathon im sure if you held onto a car for more than 1 week you would notice the differences, all car reviews in my opinion are a complete waste of time!

Some Mags praise certain cars and then some slate them

Harj..
Old 23 February 2001, 07:42 AM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Steve

The thread was only a bit of banter for Arron. A moderator could of moved it straight to the muppet forum for all I careHowever your letter claims the Nissan has far better build quality.

"To suggest that the Nissan does not offer significantly better build quality than either a P1 or EVO is absolute drivel"

Significantly better build quality ? Where is the proof against the EVO.

Well Ive had 5 Scoobies inc a P1 and had problems with one rear spoiler and an alarm bracket.

Jonathan
Old 23 February 2001, 08:49 AM
ARRON BIRD
Scooby Regular

Wink

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Chins:
<B>Steve

The thread was only a bit of banter for Arron. A moderator could of moved it straight to the muppet forum for all I careHowever your letter claims the Nissan has far better build quality.

"To suggest that the Nissan does not offer significantly better build quality than either a P1 or EVO is absolute drivel"

Significantly better build quality ? Where is the proof against the EVO.

Well Ive had 5 Scoobies inc a P1 and had problems with one rear spoiler and an alarm bracket.

Jonathan[/quote]
Johnathan the problems start after owning them for a couple of months mate :

Old 23 February 2001, 08:55 AM
CraigH
Scooby Regular

Wink

Arron,

No they don't.

If you'd bothered washing yours you wouldn't have any problem.

Bet you've been T Cutting it from day one eh?