Sponsored by:

warning to other members

Search this Thread

Old 05 November 2009, 09:10 AM
hull sti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warning to other members

warning to other members about buying secondhand goods of a certain member on this site ive just bougt an avcr of them and it doesnt even work theres no power from the control unit.paypal wont step in because they only go as far as items not received etc so im now stuck with £200,s worth of crap as he doesnt give a toss really and has refused blank to help and just states.well it worked when i had it. why do we get these members making scoobynet a good car site into a place were you feel that is it worth buying parts from other members is it worth running the risk of been ripped of.bit pissed of today as uve prob guessed.
Old 05 November 2009, 09:24 AM
scubbay
Scooby Regular

Its a bad situation when you cant trust fellow enthusiasts. Seems to be happening too much lately. Electronics are always a gamble as so many things can go wrong during removal and installation.
Old 05 November 2009, 09:30 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Name and shame, Give the other bloke a chance to have his say
Old 05 November 2009, 09:33 AM
tk09
Scooby Regular

sorry bout the swearing just winds me up

Last edited by tk09; 05 November 2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 05 November 2009, 09:35 AM
tk09
Scooby Regular

i dont see why people do it this site is ment for people to connect and talk about the cars we share and from there i feel a bit of respect should mean that we dont sell each other **** that doesnt work i feel these memebers who sell knackard old crap that doesnt work and then wont help with the issue who be named and shamed and banned from selling on here and they are not wanted this isnt ebay simple
Old 05 November 2009, 09:42 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Have you left a rating on their itrader feedback?
Old 05 November 2009, 09:46 AM
wayner845
Scooby Regular

was it an ebay sale

Trending Topics

Old 05 November 2009, 10:28 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

were the goods insured when sent ?
TBH electronics are a delicate thing to send if 2nd hand and not packed correctly, the joints do become hard and brittle from being hot and cold a few times so if it had a jolt it could be damaged, I always send electrical goods insured.
Old 05 November 2009, 10:44 AM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

IIRC the boot was on the other foot not so long ago
Old 05 November 2009, 11:01 AM
fastmike
Scooby Regular

Hull .... name and shame mate...... it could save someone else some hard earned money

Last edited by fastmike; 05 November 2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05 November 2009, 11:08 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Pitchforks at the ready

Old 05 November 2009, 11:13 AM
Agent_Smith
BANNED

Always buy new, with a warranty, never off some brother you have never met on a car forum!
Old 05 November 2009, 12:04 PM
KAS35RSTI
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hull sti
warning to other members about buying secondhand goods of a certain member on this site ive just bougt an avcr of them and it doesnt even work theres no power from the control unit.paypal wont step in because they only go as far as items not received etc so im now stuck with £200,s worth of crap as he doesnt give a toss really and has refused blank to help and just states.well it worked when i had it. why do we get these members making scoobynet a good car site into a place were you feel that is it worth buying parts from other members is it worth running the risk of been ripped of.bit pissed of today as uve prob guessed.
Hand on heart i have not sold you a faulty item. The item was tested and removed from a working car. If there was a fault then it would'nt have been up for sale. As stated above by one of the member's it must have been damaged in the post for it not to work, i have insured the AVCR upto £200 & i would personally make a claim. I do understand that you are pissed of about this but i cant give you a refund as it is not my fault that it got damaged. I have offered you to send it over to me so i can get it tested and to see what has caused the fault & if it can be repaired i will contribute towards the repairs. So please dont say that i have ripped you off because i havent & i have co-operated with you throughout the whole way.
Old 05 November 2009, 12:26 PM
fastmike
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Aladdin
Hand on heart i have not sold you a faulty item. The item was tested and removed from a working car. If there was a fault then it would'nt have been up for sale. As stated above by one of the member's it must have been damaged in the post for it not to work, i have insured the AVCR upto £200 & i would personally make a claim. I do understand that you are pissed of about this but i cant give you a refund as it is not my fault that it got damaged. I have offered you to send it over to me so i can get it tested and to see what has caused the fault & if it can be repaired i will contribute towards the repairs. So please dont say that i have ripped you off because i havent & i have co-operated with you throughout the whole way.
You cant be fairer that that
Old 05 November 2009, 12:36 PM
Ciaran
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Aladdin
Yes have to agree that is pretty fair.
I had a problem on here where i sent an item unrecorded and it never turned up.
I had no choice other than to refund the money.
I now send anything i sell recorded and insured if it is over the value of £50
Old 05 November 2009, 12:38 PM
scixer6r
Scooby Regular

See,there are allways two sides to every tread.I think this guy is being more than helpful by what he is offering.Hope you get it sorted ammicably.
Old 05 November 2009, 12:59 PM
wayner845
Scooby Regular

FEEL THE LOVE
Old 05 November 2009, 01:25 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Don't buy from peeps with a low post count or low trader score You'll probably be OK on that basis.

TX.

Edit - just spotted that Alladin falls in to above category

Last edited by Terminator X; 05 November 2009 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05 November 2009, 01:32 PM
Agent_Smith
BANNED

Dont buy from anyone on here! regardless of post counts! lol
Old 05 November 2009, 01:38 PM
jay_jay
Scooby Regular

are you sure it dosnt work ?
Old 05 November 2009, 01:43 PM
Bealescooby
Scooby Regular

I have brought some good thing off here and (touch wood) never had any problems
The New trader score feedback rating does help it just needs every1 on board to leave feedback

As to the above post , i think its fair that he has offered to help get it repaired , also no names were mentioned of who the seller was , the seller came and posted himself ,

If there is communication between each other i then think this post needs locking or something as it could just be 1 of those slanging matches

Hope to hear this gets resolved soon
Old 05 November 2009, 03:39 PM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its not fair to brand others with the same brush,ive bought a few bits from diff ppl,all bank transfers and have always recieved the gds no probs,
and whats the low post count or low rating got to do with anything,total **** remark
we cant please everyone in the world
Old 05 November 2009, 04:00 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by junior1910
and whats the low post count or low rating got to do with anything,total **** remark
we cant please everyone in the world
I dont think its meant to come across that people with low post counts are untrustworthy but if you are going to spend money with someone on here, then you would have more confidence sending cash to someone who's on here all the time and isnt likely to disappear.
Old 05 November 2009, 04:09 PM
pikeywrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Agent_Smith
Dont buy from anyone on here! regardless of post counts! lol
why not? iv sold loadsa bits to people on here and never had a problem!

In fact i mite start a thread on here about the amount off wasters there is on here saying yeah ill definatly have it then not or saying they will meet you then not,

Always the sellers that get cained on here, The seller in this case can not get any fairer than he has been so accept his offer and get it sorted.

Get bored off the threads off blah blah ripped me off, ffs man up go round there and get it sorted.
Old 05 November 2009, 04:29 PM
Agent_Smith
BANNED

Originally Posted by pikeywrx
why not? iv sold loadsa bits to people on here and never had a problem!
Are you a traveller?
Old 05 November 2009, 04:32 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

whenever i have bought anything i always (if possible) pick up. usually the seller will meet you halfway (distance) on this as long as you are genuine and dont try to chip away at the asking price!! has always worked for me. remember if the price of the goods is not worth the journey costs then buy new!!
Old 05 November 2009, 04:34 PM
Agent_Smith
BANNED

Never buy second hand, it will ALWAYs cost you more in the long run, chances are its probably stolen anyway!
Old 05 November 2009, 05:30 PM
pikeywrx
Scooby Regular

Thats a polite way off putting it, No im not its just what my mates call me.

And its oright saying dont buy second hand it will cost you more in long run. No it wont and some people cant afford new parts
Old 05 November 2009, 07:30 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Agent_Smith
Never buy second hand, it will ALWAYs cost you more in the long run, chances are its probably stolen anyway!
What are you on I've bought lots of stuff off here and sold too, nearly all of it second hand. Is my turbo on my car suddenly about to pack up because your saying that if i take it off and sell it its going to break because its second hand My wheels i've currently got were second hand, i had them refurbed so what is going to go wrong with them I sold some brand new Brake discs, never been used so whats wrong with those and why will they probably be stolen?

Either you have no intelligence what so ever or you're just trolling.

Give your head a shake

Aaron
Old 05 November 2009, 07:39 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by azz250478
What are you on I've bought lots of stuff off here and sold too, nearly all of it second hand. Is my turbo on my car suddenly about to pack up because your saying that if i take it off and sell it its going to break because its second hand My wheels i've currently got were second hand, i had them refurbed so what is going to go wrong with them I sold some brand new Brake discs, never been used so whats wrong with those and why will they probably be stolen?

Either you have no intelligence what so ever or you're just trolling.

Give your head a shake

Aaron
Good shout Aaron, my whole decat has been bought on the cheap-o because, well Im tight to be fair. Ive had no problems buying off anyone here and will continue to do so.