Sponsored by:

Whoops just bought an PPP'd Sti

Search this Thread

Old 26 October 2009, 08:30 PM
Speccy D
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whoops just bought an PPP'd Sti

I was debating whether I should get a WRX or Sti as I fancied a subtle yet fast car. After test driving two WRXs (2.5s) I was wondering whether it was worth trying an Sti as the 2nd WRX was one lady owner Wagon and all that. In fact the second time I had a go in the WRX I was able to go for a good non London drive and it wasn't as bad as I had originally thought. But in the back of the mind I kept thinking I might regret it so I had to test drive an Sti.

Off to RRH Subaru (Top guy Richard) and test drove a PPP saloon in black and a TSL motorsport modified car (that shifts but a bit too hardcore for my liking). Wow, totally different car, better gear change, loads of go and brakes that felt a bit less wood like. So I decided sod the extra boot space and went for the PPP'd Sti. All those that said get the Sti or you'll regret it were right

This may upset the purists but I'm having the gold wheels sprayed grey and looking for a standard WRX spoiler as the Sti one is a bit too showy for me. Anyone want to sell me or possibly consider swopping 2003/4 Obsidian black WRX boot and spoiler?? Must be in very good condition. Prefer to buy rather than swap tbh.

Anyway cheers for the advice!

Last edited by Speccy D; 26 October 2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 26 October 2009, 08:47 PM
beanys
Scooby Regular

i got a standard wrx spoiler in wr blue if you intrested off an my05
Old 26 October 2009, 08:48 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Good choice matey, have you thought about getting the wheels in black? the RB320 looks spot on with that combination.

Aaron
Old 27 October 2009, 09:26 PM
dantastic
Scooby Regular

Well done mate, im glad you took my advice and went to Rich at RRH and got an sti.
Old 28 October 2009, 12:59 AM
Berks-Jack
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Speccy D
I was debating whether I should get a WRX or Sti as I fancied a subtle yet fast car. After test driving two WRXs (2.5s) I was wondering whether it was worth trying an Sti as the 2nd WRX was one lady owner Wagon and all that. In fact the second time I had a go in the WRX I was able to go for a good non London drive and it wasn't as bad as I had originally thought. But in the back of the mind I kept thinking I might regret it so I had to test drive an Sti.

Off to RRH Subaru (Top guy Richard) and test drove a PPP saloon in black and a TSL motorsport modified car (that shifts but a bit too hardcore for my liking). Wow, totally different car, better gear change, loads of go and brakes that felt a bit less wood like. So I decided sod the extra boot space and went for the PPP'd Sti. All those that said get the Sti or you'll regret it were right

This may upset the purists but I'm having the gold wheels sprayed grey and looking for a standard WRX spoiler as the Sti one is a bit too showy for me. Anyone want to sell me or possibly consider swopping 2003/4 Obsidian black WRX boot and spoiler?? Must be in very good condition. Prefer to buy rather than swap tbh.

Anyway cheers for the advice!

Hi mate,

I picked my WRX up from RRH today. 53 plate and would swap spoliers with you as im looking for a STI version. Car is silver though so would need a respray.

I'll be going back next year to see Rich for my STI
Old 28 October 2009, 03:43 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

ahem , frankly imo all that talk about "changing gear like a madmam in a STI" was bo11ocks, but now you have one you would know that
Old 11 November 2009, 10:25 AM
melc0
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

iv got a perfect spoiler in obsiian black off an 05 reg £30 delivered call 07850 476777 cheers
Old 11 November 2009, 10:47 AM
tbtstt
Scooby Regular

Another vote for RRH here - brought my Scoob off him in June and couldn't be happier with it

As for the wheels theres nothing wrong with that at all! I've seen a couple of black (blob-eye) STi's with the Subaru wheels in black and I think it looks the nuts.

I was torn between a blue or black car when I brought mine and, if I had opted for the black, I definately would have had the wheels done black!
Old 11 November 2009, 01:33 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

They do look good Black on black

but then im biased

Last edited by Turbotits; 11 November 2009 at 01:34 PM.