Sponsored by:

UK STI

Search this Thread

Old 15 March 2002, 02:03 PM
Shaun Brady
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everyone

This may or may not be a good idea, but especially as I am getting an STI, I would really like to here everyones throughts good or bad about the car.

I have read a few things about the car, and it seems that people who have one, or tested one rate pretty high. And then we have those who have sat in the passenger seat's and rate them pretty poorly.

How about some owner comments here please

PS, Mine(Prodrive version) will be here in May sometime, so have to wait a bit longer yet.

Shaun
Old 15 March 2002, 02:05 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Shaun,

Congrats. Just a security tip - change your user name. I dunno how many Shaun Bradys there are in Northern Ireland, but...

Nick.
Old 15 March 2002, 02:07 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

...and, IMHO, the car is simply brilliant.
Old 15 March 2002, 04:29 PM
Scotsman
Scooby Regular

Don't have one but took one out for a long test drive.

Have to say I was completely wowed by the car - amazing in every aspect.

Very lucky person getting one!
Rich.
Old 15 March 2002, 05:55 PM
ids
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Shaun

Test drove one extensivly a couple of weeks ago (and prmoptly ordered one :> ) - I owned a MY96 WRX till bout a year ago and thought I'd got over it....

Anyway my thoughts were:

Engine - Awesome. Even though dealers car had only got 300 miles on the clock.... a bit sluggish up to 4K but after wow ! Pity the person who buys the demo
Brakes - Superb - cant fault em at all. Best brakes on a road car I have driven
Handling - Good ride, even my missus thought so and she used to hate the WRX. Seems firm enough, was quite supprised how much it rolled on cornering.
Gearbox/Drivetrain - Very good however gate will take some getting used to as the spring action was firm. You can really feel the front diff biting as you corner hard. (and belive me I did )
Interior - A lot better however rattle from the dash reminds you arn't in an Audi...
Old 15 March 2002, 06:30 PM
Andy W
Scooby Regular

Shaun, I'l let you know when my 1000 mile servive is done.

If you go down to the AGM next weekend I'll be there. we could travel down togeather.

AW
Old 15 March 2002, 06:55 PM
DarrenC
Scooby Regular

Shaun,

Collected mine a week ago after a year with a MY01 WRX. Have to say the car is not run in yet, but even as it is the car is awesome.

Good Luck
Darren

Trending Topics

Old 15 March 2002, 10:15 PM
benners
Scooby Regular

Talking

absolutely brilliant, done just over 1400 miles in mine on all roads and its the best, you'll love it as i dearly love mine as it wears in more i hope to love it more, can't wait for the prodrive performance pack, anyone else who is waiting for theres to arrive, tel you r dealer to hurry up. Not quite as quick as my 93 wrx with full SS exhaust but almost, love it
Old 15 March 2002, 10:58 PM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

Shaun,
I had a MY98 until 18 months ago. Drove the new Sti, awesome even my wife said it was a lot smoother and refined than the old 98 model. Exceptional cross country ability, for a car with 25 miles on it went very well. Not as in your face as the turbo punch of the MY98 but that's down to the smooth delivery and not being run in I suspect. The dealer didn't mind me pushing it. must have done nearly 80 miles in the demo car from the dealer. No wonder I ordered one. At least I think it is?

hawkeye
Old 15 March 2002, 11:06 PM
JKJ2
Scooby Regular

It's good, but for the money, try to reach for a P1, they are so much better, and quite honestly in a different league.