Sponsored by:

Advice and Wisdom needed!

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2009, 01:19 AM
robman23
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice and Wisdom needed!

Hi guys. Im looking to buy my first turbo scooby, well my first turbo car ever. The car im looking at is a 1994 UK turbo running 260bhp, it has an uprated turbo (not sure what turbo it has) some sort of sports clutch, forced air indiction, straight through exhaust, remap, turbo timer, ppp and some nice white rims (17's). The body work is in good condition, the engine seems to run very smoothly and the car has a whole load of history and receipts, also a dyno printout. So anyway I have a couple of questions. Firstly are there any key things to look out for on this type/age of car that would put me off buying it, for example common rust spots or common mechaninal faults? Secondly, if i did buy the car, are there any things I should or shouldnt do to look after the engine. I understand about the turbo timer and not taking the revs hight until the engine and oil are hot. Also iv heard things like engine breaking and dropping the gears are not a good idea. Any adivce on this would be brilliant. Thanks for reading. Btw the plate is M504 PWL if anybody knows any history on the car.