Sponsored by:

worrying..next doors scooby got stolen

Search this Thread

Old 19 October 2009, 10:56 PM
scoobmj
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default worrying..next doors scooby got stolen

my next door neighbors silver classic reg *555 JAP got stolen last night(Sunday).

luckily it was found 3 miles down the road dumped in a lay by in chigwell, nothing missing at all.

worrying thing is when he told the police about my car being parked over the road to his, the police told him maybe the car was stolen to order and they took the wrong one! that makes me very uncomfortable

am i worrying about nothing?
Old 19 October 2009, 11:11 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Blimey. How did it get nicked?
Old 19 October 2009, 11:12 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Imprezas are stolen to order all the time, I heard that lower down the chain criminals get £500 per car if its a "too order" car.
You have to make the decision when you own an impreza (and I understand its not fair or right) that if thieves come for your car do you want to
A, Hide the keys and let them try to tow it
B, Hide the keys if they break in be ready for a fight
C, put the keys in the house, let them steal the keys and car and go through insurance.

I opt for C, Its not right, its not just but it happens.

The key is to make your car harder to steal then the next impreza and that will save your car.
Old 19 October 2009, 11:14 PM
malcs scooby
Scooby Regular

mmmmm its that time year again this is the worst time of year for scum bags dark nights ect just be aware mate bet your glad it wasnt yours
Old 19 October 2009, 11:16 PM
scoobmj
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by malcs scooby
mmmmm its that time year again this is the worst time of year for scum bags dark nights ect just be aware mate bet your glad it wasnt yours

i am glad and worried at the same time
Old 19 October 2009, 11:19 PM
malcs scooby
Scooby Regular

i say get a clifford with the sheild around the car makes buzzing noise twice then gose off ect if someone came in my house il be doing time!i understand they are ordered to be stolen for parts or be shipped but we have to make it harder for them as stated its the time of year
Old 20 October 2009, 01:36 AM
lloydee
Scooby Regular

Just out of interest, you reckon a car cover would make any difference?

I like many others here use the scooby mainly on the weekends, and most other days it's just parked on the drive, was thinking if I got a car cover and covered the car, then there's less chance that twocers driving by will notice it?!

Dunno if it's a good idea or not as it may cause people to wonder what you've hiding under the covers and may suspect it to be an expensive motor...plus it won't be easy trying to cover up that sti8 spoiler lol

Last edited by lloydee; 20 October 2009 at 01:37 AM.

Trending Topics

Old 20 October 2009, 08:29 AM
scoobyboi09
Scooby Regular

car cover might be a good idea mate, but surely a good way would be to disconnect something not so obvius under the bonnet. Let them take the keys and try and start it to no avail, they aint going to hang round in the street when curtians migth start twitching, or do i what im going to do when i get my staffie. At night hang the keys round its collar and watch them try and get it..
Old 20 October 2009, 12:16 PM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive got 2 staffies so who needs to lock doors,let them make ma dogs day lol, been told by the police as i have a sign on my gate warning of dangerous dogs then if someone trespasses then my dogs wont get put down for ripping them to bits,all because a daft wee sign warns them,lol
Old 20 October 2009, 12:48 PM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

i think this weekend i am going to fit a heavy duty switch so i can cut my power to my car not the alarm and then will be extra safe.

maybe worth a think about this. oh and i have a clifford, but i want extra protection
Old 20 October 2009, 01:06 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Get some good security as most thieves will go elsewhere if it's too much hassle. Get a dog as that will stop em breaking in & stealing your keys. I've heard that this is a pretty good security device:

YouTube - South African Car Flamethrower

Most of all though try not to worry as chances of it happening to you are slim (how many people do you know that have had their car stolen?).

TX.
Old 20 October 2009, 04:39 PM
prodrive jedi
Scooby Regular

The best hiding place i've had was in my vivarium with my now deceased 14' burmese python,i used to fish them out with a stick cause she was a grumpy bitch at the best of times.
The things you have to do to keep some thieving little **** jockey from steeling your pride & joy eh
Old 20 October 2009, 05:50 PM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Mine

I watch to see if anyone follows me - If they do I pull in to the side of the road and let them go past. They have to know the car is there in order to take it.

Mine
Cat one Alarm
Disc lock
Covered

What it the best way to disable an engine - Simply? so that when you pop the bonet in the morning you just pop a sensor back on ect.

Any suggestions on the simplest thing to pull
Old 20 October 2009, 06:34 PM
malcs scooby
Scooby Regular

i think its goner be a bad time for cars this year as lot pple out of jobs and run up to christmas im lucky as mine is in a garage like lot people say what they dnt see they dnt no,defo worth disconnecting senser under the bonnet,but if a theif wants the car he,ll have it no matter what ive heard of pple driving round clocking cars then hiab,ing the car from its roof crazy
Old 20 October 2009, 06:50 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Mine nearly got stolen last night

Neighbours spotted 2 guys breaking into my garage and rang the police,they got in the garage just as the police arrive in force. Armed response and dog units,they nicked the 2 guys but I doubt they'll be worried.

My mate lives 5 minutes from me and has an Evo 1,came out the house this morning to find someone had smashed the window and ripped out the ignition !

I'm putting mine up for sale now,my mrs is 8 months pregnant and I can't be arsed with the hassle
Old 20 October 2009, 07:00 PM
malcs scooby
Scooby Regular

bloody hell mate that was lucky not for your mate thou
Old 20 October 2009, 07:03 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

great !

340bhp,you in gloucester itself or surrounding village like ?

seems more and more in glos are being attacked as well as elsewhere,you always think its everywhere else so think i better add to the cat i have, anti lift and what else ?
Old 20 October 2009, 07:07 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Rig
great !

340bhp,you in gloucester itself or surrounding village like ?

seems more and more in glos are being attacked as well as elsewhere,you always think its everywhere else so think i better add to the cat i have, anti lift and what else ?
Cheltenham mate.
Old 20 October 2009, 07:18 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

still close to home cheltenham/gloucester etc, its happening.

think i`ll upgrade to warn away siren/tilt sensor and if i got flush,clifford callguard
Old 20 October 2009, 07:21 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve Whitehorn
Any suggestions on the simplest thing to pull
fuel pump fuse,even if the alarm de-activates it,if they bypass the alarm with the fuse out it`ll take em even longer to work it out,especially the jap imports,all the fuse symbols are in japanese,it was pot luck i found out the fuse int he 1st place !
Old 20 October 2009, 07:24 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Thing is,the police told me last night these people can take a car with a cat 1 fitted in less than 2 minutes
Old 20 October 2009, 08:11 PM
pikeywrx
Scooby Regular

Just to correct a stolen car is worth anything from 100 to 400 quid theres lads round here that will get you any car you want for 600 and they used to go to different areas wearing suits and ties as to not look out off place driving a top end car.

Just to add i dont associate with such scum. Its just i know alot off people iv even tried hunting cars down for lads off here, Problem being is 90% off car thieves dont $hit on there own door step.

It is really worrying that so many are getting pinched. Last year 2 week before christmas i had my unit done over sti engine etc GONE i was devastated.

If your after a quick immobiliser undo cowling around ignotion barrel cut a wire leading to "black box" and solder or connect a lenght of wire with a hidden switch on it.
Old 20 October 2009, 08:14 PM
malcs scooby
Scooby Regular

yea by a spec lift most of the scum bags have compounds where they can take them and strip them over nite
Old 20 October 2009, 08:16 PM
malcs scooby
Scooby Regular

or buy a isolater switch hide that
Old 20 October 2009, 08:51 PM
Dazza9t9
Scooby Regular

Make sure you have a cat 1 alarm, some kind of steering locl and when you go to bed take your keys up stairs.

If a scumbag sees your car and don't realise it has an alarm they will see the steering lock, if they decide to hanoi your car, there is a very good chance if they do get in your house they will not go up stairs. Most car theives won't chance going up stairs.

If they are looking to steal an impreza they will leave the one with all the security and find one with less.

In my job I have to deal with some of these **** bags, and they are simply scum of the earth
Old 20 October 2009, 08:55 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dazza9t9
Make sure you have a cat 1 alarm, some kind of steering locl and when you go to bed take your keys up stairs.

If a scumbag sees your car and don't realise it has an alarm they will see the steering lock, if they decide to hanoi your car, there is a very good chance if they do get in your house they will not go up stairs. Most car theives won't chance going up stairs.

If they are looking to steal an impreza they will leave the one with all the security and find one with less.

In my job I have to deal with some of these **** bags, and they are simply scum of the earth
Don't agree with that at all.

An Impreza got stolen from round here recently in daylight and had 2 seperate cat 1's !

If they want,they'll take it. Simple as that !
Old 20 October 2009, 08:58 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

i suppose a low loader doesnt care about alarms
Old 20 October 2009, 11:23 PM
scoobmj
Scooby Regular

tracker is the best option maybe?
Old 20 October 2009, 11:44 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 99blue
tracker is the best option maybe?
Nope,apparently they can block the signal from the tracker
Old 21 October 2009, 06:28 AM
Dazza9t9
Scooby Regular

I do take this on board! But blocking tracker signals ans low loads is not your normal scum bag stuff, that's more your higher scale car theif.

All I am saying every day stealing scum would sooner take one without an alarm to one with

Quick Reply: worrying..next doors scooby got stolen