Sponsored by:

another big thanks to JGM

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2009, 09:55 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default another big thanks to JGM

after getting a RR printout a while ago i thought the 245/255 was a bit on the low side after my remap so i got in touch with simon (jgm). after agreeing a time and place i took my car for him to take alook at to see if there was anymore to be had....

anyway after a few runs (with limited road space) we finally did a run which gave a true valuation of my car.. the origional 245/255 (prosport RR) turned out to be wrong and my car is actually producing 273/273 (give or take 1 or untill he sends me the Graph). which is more like what i was expecting..

simon was a great help as usual and after toying with the ideas of fitting a daws device or a 3 port solnoid we decided that it wasnt worth it at this stage just for the chance of another 10ish bhp.

cheers simon

(forgot to ask for a sticker too )
Old 14 October 2009, 10:27 PM
Bonzo400
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Erm, I'm a bit confused here, did Simon remap your car and then you had it rolling roaded at Prosport or somewhere?

Or is this just a road dyno / laptop estimate of the power & torque with no changes?

I don't know how accurate these laptop / road dyno measurements are but it's always said that there can be a huge difference between makes of rollers, different companies rollers etc. of over 10% ... which might explain your better figures if no other changes made.

Although my mates car made 380 bhp on 2 seperate rolling roads a couple of months apart ( within about 0.4 difference ! ) - the garages had the same make of dyno .. some australian one?? So seems there may be some rollrs that are consistent between garages and times when done? ( Carplanet and Dyno demon in the NW were the garages ).

Any way, more importantly, did the car feel / drive better / quicker after JGM had it?
Old 14 October 2009, 10:38 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

simon origionally mapped my car then it was RR at a later date by prosport, today simon didnt alter anything on the car just set up his equiptment whilst we took it out..his laptop road dyno came up with the results, we did a few runs which came up in the 260s but we ran out of road each time, we finaly managed a full 3rd gear run from 1800rpm upto 6500rpm and got 273/273.

he put the low (prosport RR) figures down to them not fully reaching the 1.1bar my cars mapped too... they probably only ran it to 0.9 or 1bar maybe...(only guessing though)
Old 14 October 2009, 11:50 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No problem Rob.
Dyno runs can vary so much and often find the boost can be lower due to load being lower.
Not always but sometimes.
Main check was that all was ok with car and map, nice to plug into a previously mapped car and disect the learnt data.
All was good and after several road dyno runs with settings established over many cars and dyno comparisons it didnt seem worth altering.
Old 15 October 2009, 09:20 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More proof rolling roads are shyte
Its only for bragging rights boys, thats all.
Old 15 October 2009, 09:49 AM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't go that far.. they are a fantastic bit of kit for setting a car up and for comparison just it would appear that one run didn't show true power output.. it could have been a bad batch of fuel and the car had backed the timing off, it got too hot and backed the timing off or numerous other reasons..

Simon
Old 15 October 2009, 10:42 AM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

im just happy that my car is running safe and no issues were found..the figures we managed to achieve were on par with all the others that are the same set up as mine so im happy with that..
the main reason was the low figures the prosport RR came back with so i wanted to make sure all was ok and to see if anymore could have been had,but as been said,everything was as it should be.
Old 15 October 2009, 03:12 PM
seddomyster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can u get more power out of a winter remap on the road than a summer remap due to air being colder?
Old 15 October 2009, 03:40 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

may help being colder but not sure about more power..we all no cooling = bhp so who knows