Sponsored by:

Anyone ordered and got there TOTB8 dvd

Search this Thread

Old 09 October 2009, 05:11 PM
simon57
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Anyone ordered and got there TOTB8 dvd

Ordered mine begining in september. still not got it.

emailed, and called and no reply..

just woundered if anybody has got there copy...
Old 09 October 2009, 05:23 PM
andy_mac
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by simon57
Ordered mine begining in september. still not got it.

emailed, and called and no reply..

just woundered if anybody has got there copy...

there are many of us in the same boat ! you are not on your own my friend !

no reply to emails , calls etc

gonna give them the weekend , then its trading standards for me ,
Old 09 October 2009, 06:28 PM
malcs scooby
Scooby Regular

where else can you get the dvd ?
Old 09 October 2009, 09:36 PM
simon57
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by malcs scooby
where else can you get the dvd ?
only comes from TOTB ltd. based in london. as far as i can see.

keep geting bombarded with emails telling me it out and in stock every week from there web site.....
Old 14 October 2009, 04:46 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Same here, I also ge the same replys.... according to the their emails its been posted twice.....

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...-2009-dvd.html
Old 20 October 2009, 04:53 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Arrived today.............. not played it yet although it does look like a pirate version unlike previous years (the dvd cover print is very poor).... im just pleased its arrived at last. No letter of apology.. hope everyone else gets there soon.

JUST PLAYED IT.......... Here my comments... not happy:

Just watched the dvd, it didnt last an hour and what a load of sh_te.
If your interested in cars zooming past the camera with guitar music playing looped in the background i would recommend standing on a motorway bridge with your ipod playing the best of the eagles track 7 on loop.
You go to a motor event like TOTB to watch he cars and the drivers giving it their whole... watch the dvd and all you hear is poor quality interviews, music playing over the sound of the cars performing, and shots of about half if not less of all the cars that acual competed.... This is a low budget dvd and its simply not worth watching....... I'd hate to see the organisers of TOTB loose out, but this is a really poor reflection of a well organised event.... Its a shame the dvd took 2 months to arrive and when it did arrive its an utter sham. I took better footage with my SONY Handycam!!!

Last edited by Rob Day; 20 October 2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 21 October 2009, 12:19 PM
chrisTOTB
Scooby Regular

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'm not personally involved anymore but this is disapointing to read, and i know Trevor Duckworth for TOTB is furious at the delays in people getting their paid for dvds. hes on the case now to get the guy at AMS europe tv to send him the master disc and get this sorted where copies are missing.
previous totb dvds were made in house but as people may know Simon Hinshelwood died last year, hence trevor using a new company for this season, probably the first and only time by the sound of it.
give trevor chance to sort it and the dvds will be shipped out, and if anyone isnt happy with it he'll also sort it out for you. Its been something out of his control in terms of the dvd supply and box quality etc, and hes only just been made aware that orders havent been fulfilled by amseurope tv.

Trending Topics

Old 23 October 2009, 09:20 PM
simon57
Scooby Regular

Got mine in the post at last......

Hope they get someone else to do it next year... compaired to the others i found it very short and lacked everything the others had.

maybe if i got me **** up there next year i could see the real thing..
Old 24 October 2009, 09:41 PM
cotters3
Scooby Newbie

OK guys - some accurate information for you all!
My company provided the OB coverage for this event, we are a full spec digital OB supplier and both sound and picture quality were satisfactory. After the event our facilities were used to post produce a highlights programme for B Sky B - this was transmitted as planned.
Unfortunately we and various other professionals, including the editor who made the "official" DVD has not yet been paid for their professional services in connection with this event. The editor who produced the event currently holds the master, pending receipt of funds to cover his invoice - thus if you have a copy IT IS NOT THE OFFICIAL VIDEO. The original arrangement was that we were to receive the master DVD and arrange duplication and pass the completed quality product back to AMS Europe to handle distribution.
I am lead to believe that AMS Europe has a debt trail of over £30,000 i connection this this event and a stunt event shot with hired equipment (from another company not yet paid for services rendered!) a week or so later.
Any further information - reply vis this forum or my company e-mail steve@editec.co.uk
Old 24 October 2009, 09:44 PM
cotters3
Scooby Newbie

Further information - we had 4 in car cameras and a very expensive high speed camera on the shoot also!!!!
Steve
Old 25 October 2009, 11:51 AM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the update, so what now?

Are you saying that everyone that has received a 'dodgy poor quality dvd' has been diddled as have you?

Without meaning to repeat myself its clear that many people are not happy with the quality of the dvd nor the service thay have received, and by that i mean the lack of communication from totb regarding the release date of the dvd especially when pre-ordered, the false claims that the dvd was posted out to all that ordered one but clearly this was a lie, and the content of the dvd when it arrived (which to me is the most important).

Thanks
Rob
Old 25 October 2009, 03:58 PM
cotters3
Scooby Newbie

There is a good quality DVD master in existence, as explained, in the hands of the editor who is awaiting being paid. The "crook" behind this escapade is the son of a well respected TV producer I do a deal of work for (paid!) and he is trying to get the DVD and initiate the duplication / supply process.
My current advise - do not order anything now as it will be sub-standard! When the official DVD is released I will post this information. I would dearly like to see the DVD that is circulating - to try and work out how this has been released unofficially!!
Meantime I would return any DVD's as SUBSTANDARD and obtain refunds.
Hope this all helps!

Steve
Old 25 October 2009, 04:14 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

not got mine either, dont really think I want it by the sounds of it either lol.
Old 26 October 2009, 09:54 AM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by shaggy1973
not got mine either, dont really think I want it by the sounds of it either lol.
DO NOT BUY THE DVD !!

Originally Posted by cotters3
There is a good quality DVD master in existence, as explained, in the hands of the editor who is awaiting being paid. The "crook" behind this escapade is the son of a well respected TV producer I do a deal of work for (paid!) and he is trying to get the DVD and initiate the duplication / supply process.
My current advise - do not order anything now as it will be sub-standard! When the official DVD is released I will post this information. I would dearly like to see the DVD that is circulating - to try and work out how this has been released unofficially!!
Meantime I would return any DVD's as SUBSTANDARD and obtain refunds.
Hope this all helps!

Steve
As contacting TOTB via their website is shocking as you get no replies, I think its fair to say that refunds are sceptical.....But as i require the 'Dodgy' DVD in order to get my refund at some point in the future should this ever happen i would prefer not to lend it out.

However to help you Steve I would be prepared to send it to you so you can see that horror for yourself. I would prefer not to be out of pocket further if we can somehow secure the lease of the dodgy dvd to you with a full refund on the return back to me..... OBVIOUSLY i want a genuine dvd at some point should this ever happen.

Let me know your thoughts Steve

Regards
Rob
Old 26 October 2009, 11:08 AM
bishop
Scooby Regular

Default TOTB dvd

Straightliners would like to make our position clear regarding the TOTB DVD

Having taken over sole rights to the TOTB event this year from Chris Man and Simon Inshalwoods Widow we did a deal with TV Europes Adam Langstaff to produce a DVD and get the program on Sky this deal included two other events of ours both to go on Sky and one to have a DVD made of it

To date we have still not had the second DVD and the Sky program was pulled from the TV listings and like the TOTB DVD we have customers waiting for the Bike DVD
The 3rd event was our Ultimate performance bike weekend at the Pod some two Weeks ago and TV europe did not even turn up to film

All i can say is that all moneys paid on line for the TOTB DVD are in our World Pay account and a full refund will be given our a replacement sent when i get to the bottom of this fiasco

Unfortunatly any moneys paid on the day are with Adam Langstaff and TV Europe we will however try to get this back from them but it would seam he has a long line of creditors waiting for payment including ourselves to the tune of £7,000

Regards Trevor Duckworth (Straightliners)
Old 26 October 2009, 11:56 AM
Japanese Performance
Scooby Newbie

I Follow Trevor,

As title sponsors for TOTB, Japanese Performance is not at all happy with the service that the public and fllowrs of the TOTB events have received. JP received 200 DVD's and after watching the program and seeing the poor quality of the cover and DVD label have pulled selling the DVD until the original TOTB VIII DVD becomes available. JP has not been involved in the production of the DVD.

I will keep yu updated with any news I hear.

Regards

Kirk at JP.
Old 26 October 2009, 10:42 PM
cotters3
Scooby Newbie

Default What a mess!

Trevor and I had a long conversation today and have mutually decided that the only way of salvaging anything from this fiasco is to get the master DVD, check this for technical and production quality and then arrange for duplication and distribution to all interested parties. Coverage of future events is also being discussed.
Having spoken to both Trevor and Simons wife, I am now aware of the history behind the event and also now realise that I am just one of many companies / individuals that this experienced fraudster, Adam Langstaff, has conned - I must admit I feel rather stupid at this time!
If this had occurred in the US, Adam would be in shackles behind bars, in the Middle East, they would have jailed him and thrown away the key having first removed the hand that wrote the fraudulent cheque!
In my opinion he needs to be behind bars.

All I can say at this moment in time is WATCH THIS SPACE!

Steve
Old 26 October 2009, 11:36 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cotters3
In my opinion he needs to be behind bars.
Surely with the chat circles with these types of Forums, someone will know him and/or have an address that he can be traced too? Adam Langstaff does deserve to be Jailed, have you not contacted the authorities?

Rob
Old 29 October 2009, 09:16 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Any update?

Thanks
Rob
Old 02 November 2009, 04:51 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Hello all, I have recently been contacted by Naoko, the widower of Simon Hinwhelwood whom started TOTB back in 2001. She is deeply upset by what has happened this year with the TOTB8 dvd, and with permission she granted me to copy the email onto here for you all to view.

Please read and pay respects to Simon, and equally Naoko... must have been hard

Hi,

I just joined the forum, I am a widow of Simon Hinwhelwood who started TOTB with Chris Mann in 2001.

Simon also directed and produced all DVDs except for this year's. Although I am no fast car enthusiast and drive Honda Jazz, TOTB DVD production was our life for 3~4 months every year. Our edit studio was full of action till Xmas time with loud noise of engines. Simon also produced Roger Clark's promo video.

He was a professional film director/producer worked for TV companies, production cos and advertising agencies. He loved TOTB events and all people involved so much he gave up his work for a few months every year to produce the DVDs.

That's why I am so upset about what this fraudster, Adam Langstaff, has done to TOTB 8 DVD. I am sure Trevor is sorting it out for you. Meantime, I hope this has not dented your impression of TOTB event nor DVDs.

Simon used this fraudster in the past in a small scale. There were some question marks to his invoice, but at that time, I could not prove Adam's fraud as Simon's memory was not brilliant. His brain tumour was glioblastoma multiforme, the deadliest form of brain tumour in the left temproral lobe which controls communication and memory.

It boils my blood to think Adam Langstaff took advantage of Simon's medical condition and connned him.

When the TOTB 8 DVD saga started, it brought back my memory and realised that Adam took advantage of people's enthusiasm for fast cars and made a meal out of it.

Nobody hands over cash to a stranger for a product which is not even made (as some did at the event). People did so because they enjoyed the event so much and wanted to keep the moment for ever.

Adam Langstaff has no moral and is happy to profit from people's passion or medical condition. I hope Adam is brought to some justice eventually.

Thank you for reading.

Naoko
Old 02 November 2009, 05:06 PM
chrisTOTB
Scooby Regular

as above its very sad to see the dvd hasnt turned out as promised, and Trevor is doing all he can to try and resolve this for the people who have ordered and or received a poor non genuine version of the programme.
As soon as news is available he will update you all, in the meantime its been removed from his totb webshop, leaving just the original and best totb series dvds on sale.
if anyone doesnt want to wait and requires a refund please email their worldpay transaction details to redlinetotb at google mail dot com and trevor can arrange a refund, but as mentioned its hoped a genuine dvd can be sorted from the proper footage in good time.
Old 10 November 2009, 11:07 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chrisTOTB
as above its very sad to see the dvd hasnt turned out as promised, and Trevor is doing all he can to try and resolve this for the people who have ordered and or received a poor non genuine version of the programme.
As soon as news is available he will update you all, in the meantime its been removed from his totb webshop, leaving just the original and best totb series dvds on sale.
if anyone doesnt want to wait and requires a refund please email their worldpay transaction details to redlinetotb at google mail dot com and trevor can arrange a refund, but as mentioned its hoped a genuine dvd can be sorted from the proper footage in good time.
Any update?, thanks Rob
Old 11 November 2009, 04:57 PM
chrisTOTB
Scooby Regular

Hi Rob
you can speak direct to trevor now about this dvd issue on
totbdvd (at) googlemail dot com.
he can update you then as to whats happening, its not really my place to say for him but he is trying to sort out the correct dvd for those that ordered.
no visible sign however of adam langstaff repaying the various companies he owes monies to including trevor at the minute :-(
Old 02 January 2010, 12:15 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Default Not Happy

What is going on? We havent had any updates... Should ask for a refund?

Rob
Old 29 March 2010, 06:39 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

REFUND PLEASE !!!!!!

What a joke.

Bought mine off the TOTB website soon as it came up for sale, Ive asked for a refund now 5 times........
Old 14 October 2010, 07:05 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Thought I would re-vist this one...

I never received a proper copy of the TOTB DVD for 2009, nor did I get a refund.

I am very disappointed with Trevor from straightliners as I never got a response to my PM's, and the whole saga of a replacement copy being made never actually materialised.....

I very much enjoy the TOTB day, and it would be nice to have something to keep of the day hence the DVD.

So to round it all up:
NO REFUND
NO DVD
NO REPLY TO MY PM's
NO EFFORT TO MAKE CONTACT