Sponsored by:

service please

Search this Thread

Old 08 October 2009, 06:39 PM
maxgas
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default service please

anyone tried roger clark motorsport for a general service and maybe cambelt cahnge>? I have heard that they are very expensive but sometimes you get what you pay for or any other recommendations.

Thanks
Old 08 October 2009, 07:16 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Roger Clark did some work for me and it was a technical tour-de-force May be a bit of "ovekill" for routine service work but at least you know it will be done properly...... the other problem is that they let you wander around the workshops and look at the their other projects on the go. I've looked around "team ice" and an early incarnation of the "Gobstopper".............next thing you know they are doing the same to yours

Shaun

PS where are you
Old 08 October 2009, 09:50 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

better to take it there than your local unfriendly subaru dealership!!!
Old 08 October 2009, 09:53 PM
maxgas
Scooby Newbie

Hi Shaun,

I am based in SE London, not had the car for long and it is the first time that I need to take it for a service, but I am getting a bit paranoid about who to take it to as it is running sweet at the moment and is a complete beast. Just do not want anyone messing with it just a service and belt (maybe), had a tvr once and took it to a very large tuning company who stitched me up like a kipper, so once bitten tice shy and all that.

Its funny what you said about looking around there workshop, I tought the same thing if I take it there I might be tempted to spend more than I bargained for!
Old 08 October 2009, 10:08 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by maxgas
Hi Shaun,

I am based in SE London, not had the car for long and it is the first time that I need to take it for a service, but I am getting a bit paranoid about who to take it to as it is running sweet at the moment and is a complete beast. Just do not want anyone messing with it just a service and belt (maybe), had a tvr once and took it to a very large tuning company who stitched me up like a kipper, so once bitten tice shy and all that.

Its funny what you said about looking around there workshop, I tought the same thing if I take it there I might be tempted to spend more than I bargained for!
as long as you dont ask for more than you need then you will be fine at RCM. heard lots of good things about them about the quality of the oil etc. that they use.as for being stitched up like a kipper...... feel free to take it to subaru you will be surprised what they find wrong that is "chargeable"
Old 08 October 2009, 11:09 PM
bighead
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

one of the best if not the best