ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

CVC Cardiff - "NEVER AGAIN"

Search this Thread

Old 22 August 2009, 01:15 PM
matt12
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CVC Cardiff - "NEVER AGAIN"

Just took my classic for a routine service today and will be the last time i will use them. I rang them up and was told that if i took it in between 8.30 and 9.00 i would have it back in no time.

unfortunately mine was the last to go up on the ramps and didnt get it back till 12 all whilst waiting in the car park expecting it back early.

Was also told that it would cost £117 plus VAT but they decided on their own accord to put new wipers on bringing the total up to £180. By this time i was to fed up to ask them to take them back off.

worst of all though when i got home there was a big fresh kerb mark on my alloys that i only bought 3 weeks ago. i know this wouldnt be me because ive turned into the worst car parker in order to keep my alloys untouched and after spending the amount i did on them.

was really hacked off by this point so rang them up only for them to say they only had the car up on the ramps whilst me and my mates watched them drive out the garage and dissapear for 10 minutes. the end of the conversation was the subaru guy telling me he would ask the mechanic on monday about it followed by him promptly hanging up on me.

dont know if anyone else has had a bad experience with them but that was the last time im using them.
Old 22 August 2009, 02:01 PM
GMballistic
Scooby Regular

That's bad mate and very wrong. To be honest I would never use CVC for anything else then possibly a spare part that I'd fit myself and even then probably not as you can get parts elsewhere much cheaper. When my car's engine went bang (big-end) I had CVC pick up my car (classic JDM WRX)via low loader (there own) to diagnose as I didn't know what was wrong at first. The guy on the phone told me it would be £50 to pick up & diagnose, so I went ahead, they picked it up....took it to there garage and half an hour later(all they did was turn the car on) told me by phone that my engine had gone and it would need further investigation but I would be looking at £4000+ VAT atleast!!! I told the guy straight that I thought that was rediculous and I'd like my car back. Once they delivered it back I then got a bill for £140+VAT!! all just for them to pick it up, turn on (hear the knocking) and tell me it was fu**ed??? argued it with them and they dropped the VAT but never using them again for anything like that.
API Impreza eventually re-built my engine and they only charged me £140 including VAT to drive for over two hours and back to pick up my car. I'd rather drive to API in England anyday rather than trust CVC in Cardiff.
Have you tryed Indigo GT?? There in Merthyr...only 20+mins up the A470. Anthony & Rob up there are nice guy's and easily much better than CVC.
Also if CVC definately damaged your alloy then I wouldn't let it rest...maybe a consumer advice line could help you out with where you stand. Take some pic's as evidence just incase and maybe write a letter to head office explaining your disgust at the cost's and the damage to your vehicle. Goodluck and let us know if you can what happen's regarding the alloy, Gareth
Old 22 August 2009, 02:40 PM
stuart2008sti
Scooby Regular

Matt was it your front passenger side wheel.
Old 23 August 2009, 03:55 PM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

How these idiots are still trading is a mystery to me, my first contact with them was aprox 3 1/2yrs ago when i first got the scoob, by that point i'd already heard bad things about them, and guess what i found out via a parts enquiry that it was all true, very arogant, but not very helpful at all, for that reason i gave all my service work/parts purchases on both mine and my wifes scoobs to Keith Price subaru instead, this meant a long drive but it was a pleasure to deal with KP's, have used cvc for parts recently (for convenience) for my 3rd year service that i did myself, and even tho i gave them my car details and offer'd them my chassis no:, that they did'nt require, they still managed to sell me a £35 fuel filter that dos'nt exist on my car