Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie and Looking for a Blobeye Scooby :-)

Search this Thread

Old 16 August 2009, 07:45 PM
Wolfeman
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie and Looking for a Blobeye Scooby :-)

Hi all,

Just joined here but I have been looking for a wee while to get myself the best sounding car in the world....a Scooby!

I'm from Falkirk in Scotland and have already had a look at this 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX STI-Prodrive.......link below
mvm imports : SUBARU IMPREZA 2.0 WRX STi PRODRIVE 2003

Any thoughts on this one? The guy said the last owner put on brand new prodrive wheels and Yokohama tyres......they look mint.

I also had a look today at a 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX STI at Ian Grieve Subaru in Camelon, Falkirk. The car is in WRC blue, FSH, 52,000mile but has had the all important Cambelt changed by Ian Grieve. A tracker is fitted. 5 owners. There are the usual imperfections on the paintwork but nothing too serious but you would get people picking out its faults if you know what I mean. It has 18" alloys that in my opinion do not suit the car at all. If fact this is what is putting me off as I don't want any other expense of replacing them to make the car look good. It does have Toyo tyres with good tread all round.

I do not like the alloys at all but I am taking the car out for a test drive tomorrow to see how it goes.

I have had a wee look on the usual sites and Ebay for new alloys and tyres but there isn't anything that suits.

There is a STI in Newcastle that seems quite good. No pics but a 1 owner car and a price that suits me. Has anyone had a look at this one? If anyone on here is close I would be grateful if thet could have a good look over it.

All comments welcome.

Thanks

Gavin
Old 16 August 2009, 10:31 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

5 owners in 6 years?!!!! Even if the car was a demonstrator, that's a lot of owners, one every 1.25 years, you have to ask yourself why....

Which is the one in newcastle? Jdm one at 8.5k and that's all I will say about it

Tony
Old 17 August 2009, 09:39 AM
Wolfeman
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
5 owners in 6 years?!!!! Even if the car was a demonstrator, that's a lot of owners, one every 1.25 years, you have to ask yourself why....

Which is the one in newcastle? Jdm one at 8.5k and that's all I will say about it

Tony
Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply. I agree with you on the amount of owners and this has put me off. It was a demonstrator as well. I still plan to test drive it as I've never driven an Impreza before.

The other car that I mentioned is in the Subaru Garage at:
Alexandra Cars
53 Queen Alexandra Road West
North Shields
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
NE29 9AA
I've not long spoken to them about the 2004 Subaru Impreza STI - it has 53,500 miles with FSH, the cambelt has been changed and the car is in mint condition. He is away to find out how many owners it has had and come back to me with a trade in price with my car. I am willing to travel to Newcastle for the car if it's as good as he says.
Old 17 August 2009, 03:51 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not bad but expensive, if you don't mind a suggestion? in county durham there is a nice jdm 04 plate with a lot less miles and about 3 or 4 of em in the uk, if its originally imported from new then I know where it came from its 500 quid more but a much better car
Subaru : MY04 JDM WRX STI 2003 V-LIMITED
The only note on this one is it has 6 month/7.5k service intervals with a gearbox oil change every year, so slightly more expensive but well worth it

Tony
Old 17 August 2009, 03:59 PM
subaru-impreza-2000
Scooby Regular

Welcome, good luck finding your blobeye
Old 17 August 2009, 09:56 PM
Wolfeman
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by subaru-impreza-2000
Welcome, good luck finding your blobeye
Thanks mate......looks like I've found the one for me. A trip to the Subaru Dealership in Newcastle for me on Friday
Old 17 August 2009, 09:58 PM
Wolfeman
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Not bad but expensive, if you don't mind a suggestion? in county durham there is a nice jdm 04 plate with a lot less miles and about 3 or 4 of em in the uk, if its originally imported from new then I know where it came from its 500 quid more but a much better car
Subaru : MY04 JDM WRX STI 2003 V-LIMITED
The only note on this one is it has 6 month/7.5k service intervals with a gearbox oil change every year, so slightly more expensive but well worth it

Tony
Thanks for the advice Tony but I was really looking for something totally standard and it looks like I've found a good one