Sponsored by:

power steering rack !!!

Search this Thread

Old 07 August 2009, 10:17 AM
glowboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power steering rack !!!

hi all, well as you may have read , i was having probs with smoke from the scoop etc, well had a good look and stuff today , and sussed it. the reason it does this smoking when i get on the drive is cuz when you hard lock the steering ( which i have to do getting on drive) the steering rack pisses out onto the exhaust , hence loads of smoke !!

i have found a breaker quite close, who got one for 50 quid, but gonna see if it just the hoses that need replaceing , as may get a steering rack and the hoses might not be with it !

got a mechanic coming later , so hopefully find out what the damage is in dollar !

anyone else had this ?
Old 07 August 2009, 12:54 PM
GMballistic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No not that problem but my car's power steering fluid reservoir used to leak all the time and pi** allover my engine so when I was driving smoke used to come out of my scoop to. I just binned it in the end and bought a re-conditioned power steering pump/reservoir for £80 which solved my problem
Have a look at the For Sale items on here as there were a few guys breaking there cars so lot's of cheap parts available. Goodluck