Sponsored by:

noob with some questions

Search this Thread

Old 05 August 2009, 08:28 PM
Tom 1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noob with some questions

looking to get an impreza hawkeye or evo 9 sometime next year dont want to start off an impreza vs evo arguement just want to ask a few impreza questions.

ive driven a friends blobeye sti and was blown away with the power and grip. im coming from a 230bhp civic type r his was a 2.0 but as i fancy the hawkeye whats the 2.5 like compared with the 2.0. ?

and is there any good garages/ tuning places for subarus based around the warrington liverpool northwest area. ?

also i kind of like the spec d is it still as good to drive as a standard sti or is it a watered down version. ?

one more question the prodrive pack i thought it was just for the wrx but im seeing sti's advertised with it so what exactly is it ?
Old 05 August 2009, 08:35 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you want a JDM 2ltr twin scroll or the UK 2.5 single scroll unit car?
You need to drive both to decide what you want, the slightly lazier 2.5 power or the more manic but fantastic twin scroll delivery

The Spec D is a more discreet version without the big spoilers, but its the same running gear as the normal STi, so you dont have to worry about anything there

There are plenty of places to take your car for tuning in the north west, I use Prosport in Stockport for my servicing but there are other places to take your car, have a look (well join) Lancashire and District Subaru Owners Club which is your local subaru club

Just note that UK cars are all 2.5's from the MY06 model cars (hawkeyes) the JDM's are all still 2ltrs, the 2ltr have a higher engine output than that of the 2.5's but are much rarer (and also have more goodies as standard), though its really down to getting a test drive in both

Tony
Old 05 August 2009, 10:12 PM
Tom 1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Do you want a JDM 2ltr twin scroll or the UK 2.5 single scroll unit car?
You need to drive both to decide what you want, the slightly lazier 2.5 power or the more manic but fantastic twin scroll delivery

The Spec D is a more discreet version without the big spoilers, but its the same running gear as the normal STi, so you dont have to worry about anything there

There are plenty of places to take your car for tuning in the north west, I use Prosport in Stockport for my servicing but there are other places to take your car, have a look (well join) Lancashire and District Subaru Owners Club which is your local subaru club

Just note that UK cars are all 2.5's from the MY06 model cars (hawkeyes) the JDM's are all still 2ltrs, the 2ltr have a higher engine output than that of the 2.5's but are much rarer (and also have more goodies as standard), though its really down to getting a test drive in both

Tony
thanks for that mate to be honnest i havent got a clue what twin and single scroll turbos are. but id either go for a 2.0 blobeye uk car or 2.5 hawkeye uk car. just thought that people may say oh the 2.5 is better than the 2.0 or something. because coming from a civic type r the new one is known to be not as good as the old one. just thought it may be the same with the impreza as in ones better than the other.

nice 1 for the heads up on LADS i saw them at japan north car show last year remember now.

another question for anyone what were the optional extras on the hawkeye so i know what toys to look for when i go to look at one
Old 05 August 2009, 10:19 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh optional extra's include 18 inch Prodrive wheels, PPP (prodrive performance pack, increases power to 316bhp), and a few other prodrive goodies you can get (there are quite a few of them, suspension included )

Now some differences if I can find some
Spec D
Subaru : Impreza WRX STI Spec D
JDM
West Moors Motor Company : SUBARU IMPREZA 2.0L TURBO STI VERSION 9

A sold JDM but better pics to show you some differences (note the suspension and gauges are not standard) but the 8k red line is
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1159217.htm

Some of the options JDM cars get as standard and that are not available on UK cars.
Auto intercooler water spray
Electric folding mirrors
Quick rack steering (13:1 v 15:1 fast rack on uk cars)
Twin scroll 2ltr engine (which is a peach )

Tony

Last edited by TonyBurns; 05 August 2009 at 10:26 PM.