Manifold blowing

Search this Thread

Old 26 July 2009, 08:12 PM
weazel litchfield type
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manifold blowing

Just wanted some help off you guys,

My scoob sounds like a tractor because the manifold is blowing, I just wondered what manifold you guys recommend getting, I have a litchfield type 25 mk1, What is the difference between equal length and unequal length?, What kind of price am i lookin at? I was goin to drive up to alton towers this weekend and scooby clinic aint to far away so i could always drop it into them, Would this do any damage to my baby? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks
Old 26 July 2009, 08:23 PM
TimH
Orange Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you sure it's the headers (manifold)? Could just be a gasket. Had the header-to-uppipe gasket on on mine after a track day - definitely sounded like a tractor . Cheap to fix.

I'm pretty sure the T25 uses the standard JDM equal length headers - they are very good and I would not rush to replace them if I were you as you'll be hard pushed to find anything significantly better.

And, no, you're unlikely to damage the engine driving with a blown gasket or a header lean, although you will no doubt attract the attention of the boys in blue so make sure you're squeaky clean. It was only after I drove 5 hours back from Cadwell Park with the blown gasket that I discovered my MOT had run out
Old 27 July 2009, 08:00 AM
weazel litchfield type
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks tim,

I took it to my mechanic and it was blowing really bad through the heat shield, I did not take the heat shield off tho, So hopefully it might just be a gasket, il drop it off to scooby clinic on friday cheers mate!