New member - just bought a 2005 STI PPP

Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2009, 06:18 PM
Don Paulos
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member - just bought a 2005 STI PPP

Hi all,

Just joined up to the site so thought I'd say Hi and post a couple of photos of my new Impreza. It's a 2005 STI PPP, standard apart from a (overly loud) BOV and some mud flaps.

I've had the car for a couple of weeks and apart from still trying to get used to the turbo threshold in 1st gear (this is my first tubo'd car) I'm thoroughly impressed.

My only concern is the ride height, this is the PPP version with the Prodrive springs, the ride is very firm but it still looks like the 18 inch wheels are lost in the arches and I'm sure the car should sit a bit lower than this. Any thoughts or should I just start looking at some lowering springs?

cheers,

Paul.
Old 19 July 2009, 06:31 PM
greatgonzo
Scooby Regular

Great looking car mate I love black scoobs
I see what you mean about the ride height are you sure it just got the prodrive performance pack. maybe its not got prodrive springs,what colour are the springs? I always thought that the standard ones were black and the prodrive one where coloured
Old 19 July 2009, 06:41 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

hello mate very nice car it looks lovely in black,greatgonzo is right prodive done two packages,a engine one and one for the suspension if your springs are black they are most proberly the original sti springs that come with the car from the factory the prodrive springs are red.your ride height is the way my blobeye was with the standard suspension i hope this helps.
Old 19 July 2009, 06:42 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

get yourself some Tein S Tech springs take a look at my garage, sits just right i think...

oh welcome mate great looking car
Old 19 July 2009, 07:07 PM
STiFreak
Scooby Regular

Enjoy the car, it's a great model.
Do you have any idea if the car has been remapped yet?
If not, I suggest getting it remapped by someone reputable ... with a ppp pack on, an uprated air filter and a good remap it should make at least 330bhp.

PS: Those 18" PFF7 alloys are a cost option and a pricey one at that, so you can't really say it only has a bov and mud flaps

Last edited by STiFreak; 19 July 2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 21 July 2009, 12:18 AM
Don Paulos
Scooby Newbie

cheers for the advice, I'd assumed the springs were automatically included as it's a PPP version but will check the colour tomorrow... if not the Tein springs look like a good option (i used to have a set on my old Honda Prelude and really liked them).

I knew the alloys were an upgrade but had assumed they were part of the PPP rather than an extra cost option... possibly should have done a bit more research to begin with!

I know very little about remapping so need to look into it, need to make sure the car's still driveable at low revs though as i do quite a bit of town driving.

cheers for the help so far.