Sponsored by:

resonator-ectomy

Search this Thread

Old 11 July 2009, 09:51 AM
massive
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default resonator-ectomy

hi guys , being fairly new to the scooby scene and having sorted out my 94 sti's problems for the last 3 months i am now turning my attention to some more power mods
ive heard of a resonator-ectomy but what exactly is one , has anyone ever done one , and how do you go about doing it
all i can find on the subject is a site thats in the u.s and the guy sells the elbow pipe but its for a newer scoob than mine
is it going to be a d.i.y job or is there a place that sells the proper thing
any help well appreciated
Old 11 July 2009, 10:07 AM
m@t STImulation
Scooby Regular

Scoobypedia | Trusted knowledge for everything Subaru | Knowledge / Resonator Removal

that willl sort you out. driverside wiing take the plastics off the side and bottom, the air box needs to come off its not hard just abit of a pain. in regards to the pipe this is something you can take or laeve the resonater box has one you could cut off to use as one but i just removed the box and hose job done
Old 11 July 2009, 10:08 AM
massive
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by m@t STImulation
Scoobypedia | Trusted knowledge for everything Subaru | Knowledge / Resonator Removal

that willl sort you out. driverside wiing take the plastics off the side and bottom, the air box needs to come off its not hard just abit of a pain. in regards to the pipe this is something you can take or laeve the resonater box has one you could cut off to use as one but i just removed the box and hose job done
top job mate cheers
Old 11 July 2009, 10:15 AM
m@t STImulation
Scooby Regular

thats what this site is all about
Old 11 July 2009, 11:11 AM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

if the resonator box is removed does it need to be replaced by any sort of pipe to direct the air flow?
Old 11 July 2009, 11:18 AM
Boydey77
Scooby Regular

I removed the resonator in my 55 WRX and replaced it with one of these

Subaru Impreza WRX Performance Parts, Subaru STi Performance Parts, Subaru Legacy GT Performance Parts, Subaru Impreza RS Performance Parts, Subaru Forester XT Performance Parts
Old 11 July 2009, 02:53 PM
massive
Scooby Regular

thats the site i found but it doesnt mention the classic i've just changed my wheels over and whilst i had the fronts off i looked under the plastic wheel liner and there isnt anything that looks like the pic on the scoobypedia site ............mmmmmm now i'm confused or maybe something was changed when it was in japan thats the trouble with buying an import you never really know whats been done to them