ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Stolen impreza

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2001, 03:17 PM
Spangle
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

my new impreza stolen last night despite 2 alarms & gearbox lock ( only had it 3 weeks). They took out our front room window & went through all downstairs rooms till found keys, also stole credit cards & my Worthington cup final tickets! Make sure that your house is alarmed as well as your car. Police say it could be worse they dealt recently with a case where keys not found so they went upstairs & put a gun to the wifes head. Apparantly now bstds cannt steal them without keys so be careful out there. No i did not hear a thing by the way if u see P4JKS about let me know
Old 12 February 2001, 03:22 PM
manny
Scooby Regular

Devastating mate. i had one nicked a few years back,if they want it they'll get it by whatever means, the f**kers should be boiled in oil.
Hope you get it sorted
Old 12 February 2001, 03:24 PM
Gussie Cup
Scooby Regular

Angry

Major commiserations, Spangle.

Just glad they found the keys before resorting to Plan B......
Old 12 February 2001, 03:25 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

Sorry to hear about your car its amazing what the theiving scum out there will do to get your car.... it sounds like an organised gang thats got yours

Tony
Old 12 February 2001, 03:28 PM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

Spangle

They are major barstewards!! Thank god u nad missus OK. My commiserations. Hope its recovered soon.
Old 12 February 2001, 03:31 PM
McMiata Man
Scooby Regular

Angry

Makes you want to pack up and move to Canada. Yes I know it's not totally crime free there either but at least you can own a gun and defend yourself if needs be.

Don't get me wrong though, I don't like guns but it seems a bit cr*p that a scummy b*st*rd can walk into your house, put a gun to your head and your only defence is "please dont".

I rekon anyone cought with a gun in this country should be treated as a murderer and sentenced as such (why else would you need a gun if you weren't prepared to use it). Otherwise we might as well sell our nice cars and get the bus.

David.
Old 12 February 2001, 03:34 PM
GCollier
Scooby Regular

Angry

My commiserations, depressing news indeed.

With all this talk of cars being stolen from owners homes, I've recently invested in an extremely rugged safe which can be bolted to a concrete floor. This now stores my car keys. I've also invested in a baseball bat which I happen to store under my bed.

Naturally even these (paranoid?) precautions are of little use if someone breaks in with f******* gun

Gary.
Old 12 February 2001, 03:38 PM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

.....which is why I got me a shooter...... lives within arms reach at all times
Old 12 February 2001, 03:40 PM
Mossman
Scooby Regular

A hand held stun weapon is also very effective when applied to the *********

Sorry to hear about the car - gald to hear that you and family are ok.
Cheers,

Jon
Old 12 February 2001, 03:43 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Richard,

You serious......?
Old 12 February 2001, 03:47 PM
Oz
Scooby Regular

Wink

Surely you jest Mr. Askew?

If not, where can you get me one? ;-)
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Nimbus:
<B>Richard,

You serious......?[/quote]

......you wanna break in and find out??

.... no 'course not but my baseball bat is in my wardrobe which is in reach from my bed.....
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Spangle,
Unlucky m8 I feel for you, and after 3 weeks as well!!!!!

Gcollier, Richard Askew
Your comments are all well and good, but what would you actually do, if somebody rammed a 12 bore in your face......apart from the fact of laying a LOG the size of Harj's legs!!!!!!! If you have a GUN or a baseball bat, r u prepared to mame somebody!! Cause if somebodys got a gun, that's what your gonna have to do!!!!!!!! Even then would you risk it??? I'm "well 'ard", but even i'd think twice.

Shaun.
Old 12 February 2001, 03:49 PM
GCollier
Scooby Regular

Does anybody know what would and wouldn't be "acceptable use of force" against burglars who have actually broken in? Does it change if they threaten or start to actually physically harm you?
Old 12 February 2001, 03:50 PM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

Had a shooter pulled on me in a store I used to work at and yes it is frightening...... then it was noticed by a colleague that it was in fact a starter pistol and all hell broke loose...... he fell down the stairs officer... after he headbutt my knees.....twice... ( Obvious I dont condone violent behaviour )
Old 12 February 2001, 03:55 PM
GCollier
Scooby Regular

Shaun,

I thought it was obvious from my comment that I consider a baseball bat as useless against an armed assailant. What I do then is hand over the keys of course, as would any sane person. It's just a little extra safeguard nothing more, e.g. you get awoken by a noise downstairs, and land one on the f***** as he turns the corner at the top of the stairs.

Personally I think that as soon as you break and enter, you pretty much lose any protection from the law. In principle, yes I would be prepared to mame somebody. In practise though, it's probably rather different.

Gary.
Old 12 February 2001, 04:41 PM
brickboy
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Unfortunately Tony Martin didn't get very far using his gun on those that broke & entered his house ... not sure the law looks favourably on any force used, whether in attack or defense.
Old 12 February 2001, 04:46 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Brickboy's right. I keep a pickaxe handle under the bed. If I used it, I'd be in the poo as it is a premeditated act. Helps me feel better though after attempted break-in.

Deepest commiserations.

Consider "Blackjack" unit from clifford if you replace it - drop me a mail for more information as I don't want to go into how it works on here.
Old 12 February 2001, 05:08 PM
GranTurismo
Scooby Regular

Hello,

Please see my thread on SIDC/Scoobynet stolen car register.

I am sure my idea could be of help.....

sorry to hear about your car :-(

Old 12 February 2001, 05:12 PM
RVeiga
Scooby Regular

Angry

This is why most of the time I have my car blocked in by the wifes and a disk lock on it.

However, I always leave the keys on the table by the front door. - so if they want it they can have it. It's only a lump of metal that can be replaced!

..R
Old 12 February 2001, 05:13 PM
DazW
Scooby Regular

It's happening here in the East Midlands too, Colleagues EVO 6 went early hours of Friday, same thing - broke in and took keys

DazW
Old 12 February 2001, 05:20 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am not in a crime hotspot I know, BUT, why do they want these cars so badly??? breaking into houses when there is a Mondeo ST24 along the road thats easier to nick????? WHY?? cant see it myself - I love mine but why would someone else want it that badly?? another reason I used my head and bought a wagon (not as cool I suppose?)

Pete
Old 12 February 2001, 05:42 PM
GCollier
Scooby Regular

Wink

Pete,

Can't you fit more VCRs, TVs and DVD players into the back of a wagon after it's been driven through the doors of your local Comet? If I was a crim, I'd definitely go for your UK-SPEC wagon (with standard low-key silver wheels of course), over your neigbours P1 or STi

Gary
Old 12 February 2001, 06:05 PM
PaulFisher
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Spangle

Gutted for you. I had my first car stolen also. Drives me up the wall... how can so many cars be ringed / shipped out the country so easily? Paul Daniels would be stumped. What the figs are the authorities doing with themselves?? Met police mate of mine says they closed down the special car crime investigation unit a few years ago,.... words fail me. 'bout time one of the people responsible for that outstanding bit of planning has his wife threatened (Wouldn't wish it on anybody though), might re-align his ideas with what is actually happening to OUR cars every night by these t*ssers. £1150 insurance for my car this year... nuff said.

barbecue their stretchy bits slowly.

Paul
///M'ster.
Old 12 February 2001, 06:22 PM
Spangle
Scooby Newbie

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by PaulFisher:
<B>Spangle

Gutted for you. I had my first car stolen also. Drives me up the wall... how can so many cars be ringed / shipped out the country so easily? Paul Daniels would be stumped. What the figs are the authorities doing with themselves?? Met police mate of mine says they closed down the special car crime investigation unit a few years ago,.... words fail me. 'bout time one of the people responsible for that outstanding bit of planning has his wife threatened (Wouldn't wish it on anybody though), might re-align his ideas with what is actually happening to OUR cars every night by these t*ssers. £1150 insurance for my car this year... nuff said.

barbecue their stretchy bits slowly.

Paul
///M'ster.[/quote]

Old 12 February 2001, 06:27 PM
rapiddescent
Scooby Regular

don't whatever you do keep any blades or weapons in the car. I got my car searched (I live in docklands london and it happens a lot) and they found a penknife with a locking blade in the glove compartment (max: 5cm long blade) and I ended up in a cell for 5 hours and let off with a caution.

The funny thing was I had never even thought of keeping anything sharp at the front - I own a mountain bike company and the car was full up with bikes and bike tools scattered all over the car - they 'let me off' with all the flat bladed screwdrivers.

your car is a 'public place' according to the offensive weapons act. I kind of liked the anti car jacking facilities open to south africans - just blow their head off with a .45 if anyone gets close to the scoob.

rapiddescent

PS: was the scoob old shape or new shape? Are they nicking the new shape ones?
Old 12 February 2001, 06:30 PM
Spangle
Scooby Newbie

Thanks everyone always wanted an impreza looks I'll have to wait till I get a new house with garage before she gets replaced!! Back to a peugeot again now as my insurance will rocket.
Old 12 February 2001, 06:33 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gary

They wouldnt nick a 'grey' STi or a P1 would they??? they are sooo sooo cheap now that they could buy one for a DVD player.

The top UK spec cars like mine are the ones they cant afford - so they respect the fact that the owner isn't a twit

Pete

Old 12 February 2001, 06:35 PM
Spangle
Scooby Newbie

It was classic shape MY96 100,000 miles
Old 12 February 2001, 07:14 PM
Podger
Scooby Regular

I was in Cape Town a few weeks ago ,and there is a business there that puts an LPG tank in the boot ,and the equivalent of three Exhaust pipes either side of the car , if U are carjacked or chummie attempts to break in when the car is alarmed then LPG ignites and u have three flame throwers as side ,to Nuke the *******s !!!!!!!!....Kool or what .....it is legal n RSA apparently.

Quick Reply: Stolen impreza