Sponsored by:

please help me!!

Search this Thread

Old 01 July 2009, 08:48 PM
scott280484
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy please help me!!

i bought a k reg subaru impreza turbo dont know what model all i know is that it has a dump valve and a 3.5 inch straight through exhaust no cat i was wondering if anyone has a rogh idea of the bhp. also sometimes when i change gear even at slow speeds and low revs sometimes i can feel and hear a slight cruntching i was wondering does it need a new clutch or gearbox? also i want to change the spark plugs and have noticed they are in a completely different place to my other cars does anyone have any ideas on how to chang them without puttin my car in the garage. thanks
Old 01 July 2009, 09:21 PM
rewindnottm
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scott280484
i bought a k reg subaru impreza turbo dont know what model all i know is that it has a dump valve and a 3.5 inch straight through exhaust no cat i was wondering if anyone has a rogh idea of the bhp. also sometimes when i change gear even at slow speeds and low revs sometimes i can feel and hear a slight cruntching i was wondering does it need a new clutch or gearbox? also i want to change the spark plugs and have noticed they are in a completely different place to my other cars does anyone have any ideas on how to chang them without puttin my car in the garage. thanks
standard bhp is 220

clutch will slip if it needs changing, pull the hand break up and slowly try to move off if it revs up whilst the hand break is up the the clutch needs replacing..
you will not be able to select gears if the gearbox has had it.

plugs are an a$$ get them fitted...
Old 01 July 2009, 09:22 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most probably a wrx 240ps (236bhp) but will have lost a few as it's quite old.
Yes the spark plugs are in a different position because it's a boxer engine
Remove the airbox on 1 side and move the washer bottle on the other.

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...ml#post7325053 may be of some use to you

If you'vbe just bought it i would change the engine oil and gearbox oil unless it's already been done