Sponsored by:

Silcon Hoses - Ancillary 05 STI

Search this Thread

Old 23 June 2009, 07:00 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silcon Hoses - Ancillary 05 STI

For my car Impreza STI 2ltr 05 its a x10 piece ancillary set, are there any tricky ones that really need the car up on a ramp, or can they all be fitted from the top?

Also do some require parts to be taken off, like the TMIC etc etc?

Basically its because I need to change my bottom radiator hose, so thought i might upgrade the lot, having said that the bottom hose looks like it needs to be got at from under the car, (i was going to get the garage to do that one while I wait), ancillary ones I could do most maybe.

Thanks for any helps
Daz
Old 23 June 2009, 07:05 PM
THE DOCTOR
Scooby Regular

Be careful when fitting these, especially the one that feeds the brake servo. Friend very recently had issues after fitting a set of Ancillery hoses by a very well known company, once fitted, on boost the brake pedal would rise in the car, turned out that the standard hose had a valve inside it to prevent over filling the brake servo, no mention of this in the fitting instructions and no way or removing the valve from the standard pipe.....
Old 23 June 2009, 07:17 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Oh right, I did read something on here about that. I've had a look under the bonnet and all I can really see are only x5 lol, (god ,i'm a **** petrol head lol)
If in the instructions it tells you what hose is the brake servo one, then maybe just leave that one, because I sure dont know where it is?.

If anyone has a pic and could point out where x10 hoses go that would be great. I have studied many cars on here with them, but it is a hard to see where they all go?
Old 24 June 2009, 11:43 AM
THE DOCTOR
Scooby Regular

This one..

if you feel the top of the hose nearest the bulkhead you will feel the bulge whee the valve is
Old 24 June 2009, 07:13 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Right you are then, thanks for that pic, maybe one to miss out fitting then, does make me wonder why dont they sort it out and put the valve in.

But the rest are fairly easy to fit would you say?
With the rad ones is it a case of quick get the old one off new one on, then top up the coolant system?, wondering whether to do that myself, but really need it up on ramps, as its the bottom one more so.